HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Walker to Ottawa Trade Speculation/Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2003, 05:44 AM
officeglen

vCash: 500
Walker to Ottawa Trade Speculation/Proposal

According to yesterday's Bruce Garrioch, the Senators "are in deep discussions with the Nashville Predators on a deal which could bring Ottawa gritty RW Scott Walker."

See:
Canuck whispering Swede nothings

For additional comment see:
Spectors Trade Rumours

Now Schastlivy and a mid range pick will not be enough, as Walker is important to the Preds success.

So short of including Havlat in a deal, perhaps a D upgrade for the Preds works:

Ottawa: Scott Walker & Jason York (some salary still paid by Ducks/Preds) & 3rd
Nashville: Karel Rachunek & Petr Schastlivy & 6th

Comments and counterproposals?

Old
11-29-2003, 05:52 AM
kacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
According to yesterday's Bruce Garrioch, the Senators "are in deep discussions with the Nashville Predators on a deal which could bring Ottawa gritty RW Scott Walker."

See:

Spectors Trade Rumours

Now Schastlivy and a mid range pick will not be enough, as Walker is important to the Preds success.

So short of including Havlat in a deal, perhaps a D upgrade for the Preds works:

If I was Nashville I would take your offer and run.

Rachunek>>Walker
Schastlivy and 6th>>York and 3rd

Old
11-29-2003, 06:01 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

You have to credit Garrioch with one thing; he knows what kinds of players would be useful to Ottawa.

It mentioned in Spectors that we could get Brookbank back. Ottawa also wants more 'North American' players. I had to laugh.

Side note: Every has mild interest in Schastlivy, do they not? He better get us a good return!

Old
11-29-2003, 07:01 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Huh.....

I'd definitely keep Walker over Rachunek. He is the leader without the C, and when he is in the lineup, the teams play changes.......for the better. We don't need any more young d-men. We need a goal-scorer. Schastivly is struggling.........on the Senators.....bad deal for the Preds from my prespective. It would just kill chemistry.

Old
11-29-2003, 07:04 AM
Reign Nateo

How about:

To Ottawa:
R Scott Walker
D Tomas Kloucek

To Nashville:
D Karel Rachunek
L Petr Schastlivy

Don't underrate Walker. He is the heart of the Preds and plays with the emotion of 5 players his size. The Sens would be lucky to have him.

The way I see it:

Rachunek>Walker (simply based on age, potential, position)

Kloucek>Schastlivy

Old
11-29-2003, 07:06 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Modano=Slecht
Ok, personall things aside, that was funny..

Old
11-29-2003, 07:41 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
How about:

To Ottawa:
R Scott Walker
D Tomas Kloucek

To Nashville:
D Karel Rachunek
L Petr Schastlivy

Don't underrate Walker. He is the heart of the Preds and plays with the emotion of 5 players his size. The Sens would be lucky to have him.

The way I see it:

Rachunek>Walker (simply based on age, potential, position)

Kloucek>Schastlivy
I like that one...

Old
11-29-2003, 07:52 AM
Mizral

If I was the Preds, being offered Rachunek, I'd say no. You've got Timmonen and Zidlicky on the power play, the Preds are looking for some defense first guys who can settle the team down. Maybe Chris Phillips would be more fitting?

Say, Scott Walker and Brookbank for Phillips?

I really can't see the Preds moving Walker unless they get a sweetheart deal though, maybe even more than Phillips. He is one of the Preds most important players and a huge part of their team.

Old
11-29-2003, 08:06 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Phillips won't move after last season's playoffs. I think you'll ultimately see Rachunek moved...for Walker? Doubt it...Walker plays RW, Ottawa has Alfredsson, Hossa, Havlat and Neil there already.

Old
11-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Ok, personall things aside, that was funny..
Ha :p A co-worker is Dutch.

Old
11-29-2003, 04:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

rachunek isn't what the preds need(though phillips i'd consider) and schastlivy is a question mark. scott walker is the heart and soul of the predators, and some overpayment would have to be made to get him. the predators have been in talks with his agent since the beginning of the season about going ahead and getting him re-signed before the end of the year. i think this is garrioch speculating more than anything that might happen.

Old
11-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen

See:

Spectors Trade Rumours

That's absolutely terrible from a Sens perspective.

I don't want York. I know he's played decent for the Preds, but I don't want him back. He's not the type of player we need right now. He's inconsistent, not what we need.

Rachunek is much more valuable than Scott Walker, even if Walker is a good player, he's a third liner. Schastlivy could really help the Preds, because with some ice time, he could be fantastic, and they could use some wingers with good scoring potential. I can understand if they wouldn't do Schastlivy for Walker straight up, but I don't see the need to throw in Rachunek.

Personally, I'd rather go get Tyler Wright than over pay for Walker. Wright is a very similar player, but his value is down because he's had a slow year.

Old
11-29-2003, 07:18 PM
Jarnberg

I don't see the Preds moving Walker while the team is winning. If a deal is made by the Preds in the near future it would be with our overload on the blueline.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:16 AM
Reign Nateo

Did someone just compare Tyler "minus 57" Wright with Scotty Walker?

Old
11-30-2003, 08:19 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Did someone just compare Tyler "minus 57" Wright with Scotty Walker?
I said it would be a better idea to just pick up Wright for nothing major than to give up a 24 year old, dirt cheap, improving top 4 d-man for Walker.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:45 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
I said it would be a better idea to just pick up Wright for nothing major than to give up a 24 year old, dirt cheap, improving top 4 d-man for Walker.
But you did say Wright was a very similar player to Walker. That, in and of itself, is a massive stretch. Their styles may be similar but the results are significantly different. Walker is twice the player Wright hopes to be. Walker, when healthy is a legit 20 goal, 50 point man. I think he is a 2nd liner on most teams and could find a spot on Ottawa's second line. But you are right, the Sens would have to overpay to get him. We aren't going to have a firesale when we are the hottest we have ever been (8-2 in our past 10) and the hottest team in hockey not named the Flyers.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
But you did say Wright was a very similar player to Walker. That, in and of itself, is a massive stretch. Their styles may be similar but the results are significantly different. Walker is twice the player Wright hopes to be. Walker, when healthy is a legit 20 goal, 50 point man. I think he is a 2nd liner on most teams and could find a spot on Ottawa's second line. But you are right, the Sens would have to overpay to get him. We aren't going to have a firesale when we are the hottest we have ever been (8-2 in our past 10) and the hottest team in hockey not named the Flyers.
Offensively, yes, Walker is a superior player. But Ottawa would get Walker for his grit more than for his offense. I'm sure Walker could find a spot on one of our top 3 lines (we really have three scoring lines) IF he played LW. But Nashville won't give him up unless it's really worth their while, and the Sens could just get the same sparkplug gritty type of player in Wright, just with less offensive ability. I love both guys, but in terms of what each would cost us, Wright makes more sense.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:57 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

http://tennessean.com/sports/predato...nt_ID=43527247

just to put this to rest.

toward the bottom, shero claims that there's nothing to this rumor, at least on nashville's end.

Old
12-03-2003, 08:39 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
http://tennessean.com/sports/predato...nt_ID=43527247

just to put this to rest.

toward the bottom, shero claims that there's nothing to this rumor, at least on nashville's end.
Would love to pick his brain on the Comrie matter.

Old
12-03-2003, 09:19 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Good to hear this is only a rumor. Although, I can't imagine losing walker. He indeed is the heart and soul of this team, and has been here from the beginning. To trade him now when we're actually starting to warm up would be a huge insult not only to him but to Nashville fans as well.

Old
12-03-2003, 09:22 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Would love to pick his brain on the Comrie matter.
indeed

Closed Thread