HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blackhawks offersheet Eddie Lack

Old
08-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
I think he's basing that statement off of Lack's age more than how many years he's spent in the Organization.
He's 24, I wasn't aware that guys who weren't even drafted were supposed to be NHL quality starting goaltenders at that age.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Just sign him to a one-way deal and watch Gillis squirm and Burke cackle.
1 way only means he will be paid the same amount in the AHL as the NHL, it has nothing to do with waiver eligibity.

Old
08-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
1 way only means he will be paid the same amount in the AHL as the NHL, it has nothing to do with waiver eligibity.
But it's not an ELC so wouldn't he be eligible for waivers anyways?

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
If Luongo doesn't get dealt he would be lost on waivers. If Van doesn't want to lose Lack for nothing, then they accept the compensation or possibly cave a little on their trade demands regarding Lou. Very smart proposal IMO. Worst case scenario Chicago screws over a rival a little, best case they get a possible starter.
Lack can be placed in the minors at the beginning of the season and not be lost. I doubt Gillis expects him to play in the NHL this year

Old
08-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Lack can be placed in the minors at the beginning of the season and not be lost. I doubt Gillis expects him to play in the NHL this year
Yes but then he can't be recalled. Vancouve better hope injury doesn't strike. Not having a capable and avaliable #3 can be a sticky situation, as i would be shocked to see Lack clear.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Yes but then he can't be recalled. Vancouve better hope injury doesn't strike. Not having a capable and avaliable #3 can be a sticky situation, as i would be shocked to see Lack clear.
Even if he has a 2-way contract he's still acessable on waivers, and he'd probably get the same deal as Schneider, 2y 1way 900k both years

Old
08-05-2012, 07:53 PM
tony d
The man

I think Vancouver matches this. They'll probably need Lack to be their backup next year.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Hansen 36
mfw snitch

vCash: 499
Hahahahahhaha

Do it, I want the Canucks to sign him to a 2 year 2.4M contract and this would just make it cheaper

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:11 PM
mstad101

Waiver eligibility has already been explained in this thread even. Lack doesn't had the necessary games played to be waiver eligible.

This isn't NHL 12 where 1 ways and 2 ways are about waivers.

And to the Winroba, I never said or even implied to the idea that Lack was suppose to be a quality starting goaltender at his age. What I was refering to was the idea that the guy I quoted meant he believed Lack should in the NHL any way he can.

I believe Lack is an NHL back up right now, I believe he's done most of what he can prove in the A. If he does have to go back, I believe Vancouver should show him the loyalty to signing him to a 1 way as long as Lack agrees to 2 years.

Otherwise I'm willing to take my risks on Lack going to UFA next summer on a 1 year 2 way. We do have some quality in net already, and Schneider is young enough to warrant waiting for Cannata to develop.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:54 PM
McArthur

Any Brian Burke sound bytes yet? Too funny with lack, Vancouver better move luongo quick

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Why would we have no choice but to let him walk? We can easily afford to pay him $1m to play in the AHL if need be. Not to mention that if Luongo gets traded then we would use him as our backup.

Contenders don't use a guy that still isn't really all that proven as their #1 for an entire year and run for the playoffs + a rookie back-up if that goaltender falters. The moment Vancouver moves Luongo, they will make another move to pick up a back-up if the ones via Free Agency aren't worthy. That's how contending teams do business. Serious ones anyway.

Also, Lack signed the offer-sheet. He did, he wasn't forced, he wanted to. So speculate as much as you all did with the Weber stuff, maybe he wants to go somewhere he might have a better shot at a #1 job, Chicago seems like a good start.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:36 AM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Contenders don't use a guy that still isn't really all that proven as their #1 for an entire year and run for the playoffs + a rookie back-up if that goaltender falters. The moment Vancouver moves Luongo, they will make another move to pick up a back-up if the ones via Free Agency aren't worthy. That's how contending teams do business. Serious ones anyway.

Also, Lack signed the offer-sheet. He did, he wasn't forced, he wanted to. So speculate as much as you all did with the Weber stuff, maybe he wants to go somewhere he might have a better shot at a #1 job, Chicago seems like a good start.
Where are you getting this from? Lack signed an offer sheet? Link?

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:39 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:

Wtf are you talking about??

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Why?????

Lack has proven nothing, nothing at all.
I don't know if someone already jumped on this, but you do realize that the proposal is an offer sheet of 1M. Did you expect to get ANY proven asset for 1M? haha common guys

Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

Uh...what?

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:52 AM
rypper

Lack has not signed any offer sheets, this thread was about speculation.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:26 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Any Brian Burke sound bytes yet? Too funny with lack, Vancouver better move luongo quick
Why bother even posting in this thread if you have nothing to offer to the original proposal?

Seriously this borders on baiting and trolling for responses. Come back when you have something of substance to contribute to a hockey discussion or just please stay away. We don't need another thread closed and locked due to over flow of Leafer's battling Nuck fans over this subject that has all but been banned from the main proposals page.

This thread is about Lack, not Lu or Toronto or Burke or Gillis. So please stay on topic or use common sense and ignore this thread.

Old
08-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Why bother even posting in this thread if you have nothing to offer to the original proposal?

Seriously this borders on baiting and trolling for responses. Come back when you have something of substance to contribute to a hockey discussion or just please stay away. We don't need another thread closed and locked due to over flow of Leafer's battling Nuck fans over this subject that has all but been banned from the main proposals page.

This thread is about Lack, not Lu or Toronto or Burke or Gillis. So please stay on topic or use common sense and ignore this thread.
I think he thinks that a real life OS went through

Old
08-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
Lack has not signed any offer sheets, this thread was about speculation.
It's late, I thought this thread was about him actually signing one, not some dude thinking his GM should do it.

I need sleep.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:46 AM
mstad101

Quote:
It's late, I thought this thread was about him actually signing one, not some dude thinking his GM should do it.

I need sleep.
Mistakes happen, as long as we can admit them most of us will respect that. I myself was guilty of that when I thought Gionta in Montreal had a concussion last year. When it was a groin injury.

Old
08-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Stuy

Winnipeg has the Hawks 2nd and 3rd round draft picks for next year.

08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
TOML

Looks like a no go, as Lack was just re-signed by his team. 2yr deal for an AHL salary with a minimal NHL salary to go with it. Typical for prospects who haven't played a single NHL game yet. Cheers.

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 12:26 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Yeah, I was surprised he didn't get NHL money both years. He obviously has loyalty to them.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote