HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Sign Tanner Pearson

Old
08-03-2012, 06:55 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Plus his name is BUD ... come on that's a HOCKEY PLAYER right there if ever there was one
Actually, it's George.

Supplies!!!!!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:30 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Most fans tend to enjoy playing with their new toys ( ie Tanner, Prokhorkin) and disregard their old ones (Holloway).
I like Holloway a lot. I think he'll be a good NHL player. But where does he fit in with the Kings now?

If DL/RH had given him a cup of coffee, he might still be with the organization right now.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Elkins signed with the Ducks.
Following Craig Johnson's footsteps...

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 04:40 AM
triplcrown

If Holloway plays in Manchester, is a standout there, and The Kings (God forbid) have
a few injuries to their FW corps, he could get a chance.

I just want to see Holloway play at least a few games with The Big Club this season.

You never know---Could be a big surprise.

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 10:35 AM
damacles1156

Bud passed the NHL deadline of his out clause. He will be playing in Euro again.

He can't come over this next season(the way I understand it anyway).

I doubt Bud is ever a King.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:38 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

I still would like to see Bud with the Kings playing on the 4th line or something.

King-Lewis-Holloway

FrozenKing18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
I still would like to see Bud with the Kings playing on the 4th line or something.

King-Lewis-Holloway
I prefer Nolan and his play along the boards over Holloway. Remember when the Kings had guys like Purcell or Moller contributing nothing while playing in the bottom six? Thankfully those days are behind us.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Let Holloway go, he's never playing for LA. He burned his bridge and the Kings have plently of players available.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:48 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Let Holloway go, he's never playing for LA. He burned his bridge and the Kings have plently of players available.

FrozenKing18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Fishhead

Bud probably should have showed a little more patience, he might have his name on the cup right now. There is no reason to think that he wouldn't have improved on his AHL numbers and gotten a call up this year. I don't blame the guy for going for the money, but he has to realize that it damaged his NHL chances. If he's waiting for a sure thing one-way contract, he won't be in the NHL until he hits UFA in 4 years or whatever.

Voynov went through the same thing. He stuck it out 3 full years in the AHL when he could have bolted to Russia for a payday. It had to be extremely frustrating for him, but he honed his game and showed loyalty to the organization, and it was rewarded with the ultimate prize.

I don't think DL would hold a grudge against Bud, but you can bet if he came back over he would have to work his way back up the ladder. He would have to have a heck of a camp for sure, if he even comes over.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:40 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Bud probably should have showed a little more patience, he might have his name on the cup right now. There is no reason to think that he wouldn't have improved on his AHL numbers and gotten a call up this year. I don't blame the guy for going for the money, but he has to realize that it damaged his NHL chances. If he's waiting for a sure thing one-way contract, he won't be in the NHL until he hits UFA in 4 years or whatever.

Voynov went through the same thing. He stuck it out 3 full years in the AHL when he could have bolted to Russia for a payday. It had to be extremely frustrating for him, but he honed his game and showed loyalty to the organization, and it was rewarded with the ultimate prize.

I don't think DL would hold a grudge against Bud, but you can bet if he came back over he would have to work his way back up the ladder. He would have to have a heck of a camp for sure, if he even comes over.
I think it hurt his chances of becoming a king for sure, but I disagree it hurt his chances on becoming an nhler. If anything, it may have helped his chances.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:48 AM
johnjm22

Quote:

Bud didn't think the organization would give him a call up even if he was the best performing forward in Manchester.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

We should change the name of this thread to "Bud Holloway".

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:48 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

Unless he plays at least 80 NHL games this, Holloway will be a Class VI UFA next off-season.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 08:12 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Unless he plays at least 80 NHL games this, Holloway will be a Class VI UFA next off-season.
Can't wait, so that people can just stop talking about him. He was never a blue-chip prospect and he will never play a game as a King. He is massively overrated.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Again LA Kings...Thank you for beating the self proclaimed best team in the NHL (Vancouver).

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote