HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marcus Johansson

Old
08-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Not only my team. You can make a case for almost any team with Young core.

Let's say for a team like Detroit(Sadly, Iginla isnt the piece between Detroit and Stanley.), SJ, Vancouver and NJD..
But outside of that I don't see the real benefit of it.
I am not seeing how this has anything to do with the basic point of "Making a blanket statement that Johansson is of greater value than Iginla is inaccurate."

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Kershaw

I'd take Iginla for Johansson. Easily.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'd take Iginla for Johansson. Easily.
Yeah, well you also have a crapitals picture in your profile.

There's no way I trade MoJo for 1 year of Iginla.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Which is probably perfectly fair... for your team.

The point remains. Your team is not the only team. There are other teams that have different needs. Therefore such a blanket generalization is inaccurate - and given that said inaccuracy has to do with the value of a fan favorite potential Hall of Fame player, it's particularly egregious.

A little more circumspection might be called for in the future.
They are the only team with Marcus Johansson.

The Caps with Johansson and another player at half Iginla's $$ are way ahead of the game.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Yeah, well you also have a crapitals picture in your profile.

There's no way I trade MoJo for 1 year of Iginla.
I had no idea Iginla is a UFA next year. NVM. I'd rather have Johansson. If Iggy was signed for 2-3 yrs, I'd rather have him.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:57 PM
MalcontentCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
The last thing he'd be traded for is a winger, when we've got two prospects with top line potential in Kuznetsov and Forsberg. If Mackan's gone, the biggest holes would be a long term solution at 2C and a LD partner for Green. For him to be traded, IMO, it would be in a package to fill one of those holes long term.
I think the long term plan is to keep Ribs at the 2nd line C for a few more years until Kuz takes it over. I think MJ90 plays better on the wing anyway. Forsberg and Kuz may be top line players someday but they won't be on the top line for the Caps this year. So if the Caps trade MJ90 I think they would look to find a top line player for Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Caps don't need a high priced D partner for Green. Carlson/Green and Orlov/Alzner is a fantastic and balanced top four.

MalcontentCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcontentCapsFan View Post
I think the long term plan is to keep Ribs at the 2nd line C for a few more years until Kuz takes it over.
How can the Caps make Ribeiro the long term solution at 2C before he even plays a game for them? Who knows if he'll fit in with the team, if he'll want to stay, if he'll do well... Moving Johansson without answers to any of those questions would be totally irresponsible.

As for Kuznetsov, he's a winger who plays center only when necessary. Not a prime candidate for 2C.

Quote:
I think MJ90 plays better on the wing anyway. Forsberg and Kuz may be top line players someday but they won't be on the top line for the Caps this year. So if the Caps trade MJ90 I think they would look to find a top line player for Ovechkin and Backstrom.
He's played center his whole career. Just because he hasn't filled out his frame yet and he hasn't learned how to win faceoffs doesn't mean that's not his primary position. Trading him leaves major doubts about the 2C, and trading him for a top line winger to hold over the position for a couple years is very shortsighted. You don't move a guy at his age, with his potential, and at a position of need unless you're filling another significant need that you have no other way to fill. Finding another top 6 winger to hold us over until Kuznetsov and Forsberg arrive is pretty simple - just sign Kostitsyn. Finding a 2C to take over if Ribeiro leaves would be a lot more difficult - just look at who was available in FA this year (that would be Jokinen and no one else).

Quote:
Caps don't need a high priced D partner for Green. Carlson/Green and Orlov/Alzner is a fantastic and balanced top four.
The problem is that Alzner's the only one who plays the left side. For those four to be our top four, someone would need to play their off side. As far as who we've got on the left side after Alzner: Hamrlik is ancient and gone after this year, Schultz is terrible, Erskine isn't a top 6D, and we don't have any prospects that we can reasonably expect to reach the top two pairings. If the Caps want a long term solution for the second pairing LD, it's going to have to come from outside the organization.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Without an extension for Ribeiro, no way the Caps move Johansson. Especially given how much thinner the Caps' top six is compared to previous seasons. No longer do we have players like Fleischmann and Fehr forced into third line roles.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote