HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

red wings needs defense and forwards

Old
08-05-2012, 11:56 PM
topshelf15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Heh, it just might.
Ok so tell me what would a team like detroit offer a team like Nashville in trade for say webber

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:56 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
He might be ,but i know better now detroit doesnt need a rebuild their deep prospect pool and great young players will propell them past teams like stl and la
That is a part of the plan, laugh away. The Wings have a lot of faith in the prospects whether you like it or not. Offering Suter 90 million made sense they offered Parise 73 so not exactly the figures you are throwing around. They will need to add some D-man, but there is no panic on the forward front, they actually need to unload some current players in the bottom six now and the youth is coming in the next two or three years at the most.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Ok so tell me what would a team like detroit offer a team like Nashville in trade for say webber
Reality is gauging a price is tough because in all likelihood nothing is gonna be enough to convince Poile to trade his franchise player to his biggest rival.

Last edited by spiny norman: 08-06-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: not needed
Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:00 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
His name is Weber and Nashville would not deal him in division especially with him under contract now.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:00 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
That is a part of the plan, laugh away. The Wings have a lot of faith in the prospects whether you like it or not. Offering Suter 90 million made sense they offered Parise 73 so not exactly the figures you are throwing around. They will need to add some D-man, but there is no panic on the forward front, they actually need to unload some current players in the bottom six now and the youth is coming in the next two or three years at the most.
Its ok to have faith but to act like its a fact,is another .Detroit does need a rebuild on the blueline and will need some elite production from those top prospects if they are going to be able to run through the west .I just dont see it happening sorry detroit has just too many question marks and not enough quality nhl calbre depth

Old
08-06-2012, 12:03 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
His name is Weber and Nashville would not deal him in division especially with him under contract now.
Ok name another one ,my point is that detroit isnt deep enough to get one without crippling both their farm and their nhl team.Hense the rebuild talk by me ,a number 1 defender next to a number1 center are two of the hardest pieces to come by

Old
08-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
I just dont see it happening sorry detroit has just too many question marks and not enough quality nhl calbre depth
I would like to respond to this post... With this post

Quote:
Its ok to have faith but to act like its a fact,is another.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Ok name another one ,my point is that detroit isnt deep enough to get one without crippling both their farm and their nhl team.Hense the rebuild talk by me ,a number 1 defender next to a number1 center are two of the hardest pieces to come by
I'm pretty sure just about any team would have to cripple their farm and NHL teams to get Weber...

Poile was asking for Couturier AND Schenn, PLUS another roster player, AND two first rounders.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:06 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
I would like to respond to this post... With this post
It is a fact look at a team like boston or LA pittburg etc are you as deep a team as these .If the answer is yes then you need to have your head checked

Old
08-06-2012, 12:10 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
I'm pretty sure just about any team would have to cripple their farm and NHL teams to get Weber...

Poile was asking for Couturier AND Schenn, PLUS another roster player, AND two first rounders.
Bingo,now how should detroit handle this .My guess is by hopefully drafting and developing one .

Old
08-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
It is a fact look at a team like boston or LA pittburg etc are you as deep a team as these .If the answer is yes then you need to have you,re head checked
Umm, Detroit's prospect pool is better than any of those three teams.

Pittsburgh might be equal now, definitely have a better defensive prospect pool (Though theirs is the best in the league now) but in terms of offensive prospect pools, Detroit's is better.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:12 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
It is a fact look at a team like boston or LA pittburg etc are you as deep a team as these .If the answer is yes then you need to have you,re head checked
We have been hearing about this great decline for a decade now, sorry if I am not the first one out on the ledge. There are parts of the fan-base that are, but I remain very optimistic about the Wings long-term. Write them off at your own peril, you would hardly be the first person to show up and say this.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Bingo,now how should detroit handle this .My guess is by hopefully drafting and developing one .
By drafting and developing one what? If Weber's were available in every draft than Weber wouldn't be Weber.

Fact of the matter is in a league where Keith Yandle is considered a top pairing defender, I'm A-OK with Kronwall/Smith being our top pairing in the future years...

Old
08-06-2012, 12:13 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Umm, Detroit's prospect pool is better than any of those three teams.

Pittsburgh might be equal now, definitely have a better defensive prospect pool (Though theirs is the best in the league now) but in terms of offensive prospect pools, Detroit's is better.
They are three of the best teams in the nhl and will be for a long time ,Zetterberg and datsuk will be retired before all of these teams need to do the type of rebuild detroit needs to do to catch them

Old
08-06-2012, 12:14 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
We have been hearing about this great decline for a decade now, sorry if I am not the first one out on the ledge. There are parts of the fan-base that are, but I remain very optimistic about the Wings long-term. Write them off at your own peril, you would hardly be the first person to show up and say this.
I have said they will be competitive and will be a probable playoff team ,but the lustre has gone sorry you seem to think the shine lasts forever

Old
08-06-2012, 12:17 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Smith has top two pairing upside. He was the best of the big time Wisconsin kids while there and has been impressive as a pro. What is to say he isn't the top pairing guy?

Ouellet (Best D-man in the Q next year), Marchenko (entering his fourth season in the KHL already), Sproul (most D-man goals in the OHL), Jensen (could be a Hobey Baker finalist this year, physical and skates like the wind, similar scoring numbers to Smith in college), Backman (very big part in Sweden's WJC gold and playing well in the pros in Sweden), Almqvist (still generating Rafalski comparisons from Wings management).

It is not Pittsburgh's D system but it is far from a crater of talent.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
They are three of the best teams in the nhl and will be for a long time ,Zetterberg and datsuk will be retired before all of these teams need to do the type of rebuild detroit needs to do to catch them
You were talking about depth, not the core. Get your own story straight.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:24 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Smith has top two pairing upside. He was the best of the big time Wisconsin kids while there and has been impressive as a pro. What is to say he isn't the top pairing guy?

Ouellet (Best D-man in the Q next year), Marchenko (entering his fourth season in the KHL already), Sproul (most D-man goals in the OHL), Jensen (could be a Hobey Baker finalist this year, physical and skates like the wind, similar scoring numbers to Smith in college), Backman (very big part in Sweden's WJC gold and playing well in the pros in Sweden), Almqvist (still generating Rafalski comparisons from Wings management.

It is not Pittsburgh's D system but it is far from a crater of talent.
Again we will see but ill bet you half those kids ,dont end up being much sorry .Every team has a list of players and and stats to go along with each one of them. And fans use these to say why they will be the next great one.But for every one that makes those things happen there will be thousands that do do much

Old
08-06-2012, 12:24 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
I have said they will be competitive and will be a probable playoff team ,but the lustre has gone sorry you seem to think the shine lasts forever
My guess is this isn't the first time the luster has worn off for you. But it did for some people in the late 90's, then they would never survive the lockout or Yzerman's retirement. Yet here they still stand. Many have predicted it and I guess eventually someone will be right. But don't think it is because they are the first to report it.

Being a probable playoff team is all anyone can ask for right now in this modern NHL. For all your statements on Pittsburgh their roster has managed the same two second round exits and first round ousting this past season over the last three years. The Bruins lost their all world goalie. I have long been in the LA is going to be very good camp, but that doesn't mean you win every year. The Wings have been that way for 20 years and it has yielded four cups. Teams like Carolina, Tampa Bay and others that I didn't think were as good have snuck those in there. Why should I run around like Chicken little. I haven't even seen the team play yet, they could surprise a lot of people just in the same way you expect a decline it could go the other way. I trust Ken Holland, Mike Babcock, Jim Nill, Hakan Andersson and Mike Ilitch. I would be foolish not to.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Again we will see but ill bet you half those kids ,dont end up being much sorry .Every team has a list of players and and stats to go along with each one of them. And fans use these to say why they will be the next great one.But for every one that makes those things happen there will be thousands that do do much
Six divided in half is three.

If we get three good defenders out of that, we're more than set, sorry.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:27 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
I know that, the point is the Wings have a lot of bullets in the chamber at both D and forward with considerable upside. I don't think even half will hit, but with the amount they have they should be fine.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:29 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
My guess is this isn't the first time the luster has worn off for you. But it did for some people in the late 90's, then they would never survive the lockout or Yzerman's retirement. Yet here they still stand. Many have predicted it and I guess eventually someone will be right. But don't think it is because they are the first to report it.

Being a probable playoff team is all anyone can ask for right now in this modern NHL. For all your statements on Pittsburgh their roster has managed the same two second round exits and first round ousting this past season over the last three years. The Bruins lost their all world goalie. I have long been in the LA is going to be very good camp, but that doesn't mean you win every year. The Wings have been that way for 20 years and it has yielded four cups. Teams like Carolina, Tampa Bay and others that I didn't think were as good have snuck those in there. Why should I run around like Chicken little. I haven't even seen the team play yet, they could surprise a lot of people just in the same way you expect a decline it could go the other way. I trust Ken Holland, Mike Babcock, Jim Nill, Hakan Andersson and Mike Ilitch. I would be foolish not to.
Believe what you want ,its a free country but to crap all over someone else becuse he does bring up legit questions.Somewhat makes me question how much you really believe in what you are saying is the truth

Old
08-06-2012, 12:29 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Depth ,you know the thing detroit doesnt have much of when compared to these teams at the nhl level .Detroit does have some hopefuls and good looking players at the prospect level .But these teams have it where it counts ,and iam sure they will have a list of high scoring juniors at their prospect level
Detroit has one of the better bottom sixes in the league. They need more defenders and you aren't getting an argument there. But forward depth isn't an issue. They could use one more top 4 d-man and one more top six forward right now. Issues to be sure, but depth is pretty well covered especially up front.

By the way Nyquist and Smith actually look like very logical answers to both.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:34 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Detroit has one of the better bottom sixes in the league. They need more defenders and you aren't getting an argument there. But forward depth isn't an issue. They could use one more top 4 d-man and one more top six forward right now. Issues to be sure, but depth is pretty well covered especially up front.
Detroit stays in the playoff picture because of their forwards but they will fall fast if one of their big two goes down ,that defense looks very leaky and has too many question marks for my liking.The goaltending looks solid and iam interested to see if gustafson can recover his game

Old
08-06-2012, 12:36 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Believe what you want ,its a free country but to crap all over someone else becuse he does bring up legit questions.Somewhat makes me question how much you really believe in what you are saying is the truth
I didn't crap all over you, I am sorry you feel that way. I explained why I completely disagree with your assessment with reasons. I didn' just put up laughing faces. The Wings have legit questions I believe they will answer them. They have ever since Ilitch took over. It starts at the top and trickles right down, I have faith in that.