HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

kostitsyn,huselius,langkow,arnott

Old
08-04-2012, 11:42 PM
WantonAbandon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
I have officially joined the Arnott band wagon. I wish Buffalo would forget about Doan, forget about Ryan, and just get Arnott. Put him and Ott on the same line and see what happens.
Oh make no mistake once Doan is signed Arnott will be some teams shinny silver medal.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I'm just throwing it out there, a guy who plays with two broken hands, always has something to offer as long as he can lace up a pair of skates, even if it isn't production, someone like that would be perfect on a young team or an overly soft team.
Could maybe work in Edmonton, Vancouver, the Isle or even Montreal.

Edit. Also maybe Winnipeg.
I agree with your feeling that Langkow would bring a great veteran presence to just about any locker room. He is by all accounts a great guy and he plays hard despite his size. He's also defensively sound and has shown ability in the past to put up some points. I have a feeling that Langkow would like to play a #2 or #3 center role, which is where many teams would be hesitant. I'd easily take him on the Flyers and move Talbot to the wing, where I feel he is more effective.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Oh make no mistake once Doan is signed Arnott will be some teams shinny silver medal.
Or gold depending on the price of doan

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:01 AM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Or gold depending on the price of doan
yeah, and now there talking a 5 year contract? This has gotten completely insane and now I hope Buffalo walks away before giving out another bad contract.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Langkow doesn't appear to have much left. He's small, been beaten up a lot recently, and doesn't score much. He could be a veteran 3rd line C on a lower tier team.

I bet Arnott has 3 or 4 serious offers on the table, but is waiting to see how things play out with Doan.
Arnott produced 17-17-34 in 72 GP last season; Langkow had 11-19-30 in 73 GP. Frankly, if there's interest in Arnott, there should be equal suitors for Langkow - even moreso because he's 2 years younger. While Arnott may have the better shot and is physically bigger, Langkow is a better two-way player and lauded as a leader just as much as Arnott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I'm just throwing it out there, a guy who plays with two broken hands, always has something to offer as long as he can lace up a pair of skates, even if it isn't production, someone like that would be perfect on a young team or an overly soft team.

Could maybe work in Edmonton, Vancouver, the Isle or even Montreal.

Also maybe Winnipeg.
And in Buffalo IMO - he'd provide insurance behind Ennis & Hodgson and probably cost less than Arnott.

Quote:
I have officially joined the Arnott band wagon. I wish Buffalo would forget about Doan, forget about Ryan, and just get Arnott. Put him and Ott on the same line and see what happens.
Forgetting about Doan I agree with because the money needed to sign him doesn't fit with what he'd bring as a 36-year old with a lot of wear and tear on his body.

However, there's no way I want Regier to forget about trying to get Ryan. Guys who score 30+ goals for 4 consecutive seasons, are only 25 and have a reasonable cap hit of $5.1M don't come onto the market often - the Sabres should be calling Anaheim every day about Ryan.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
I agree with your feeling that Langkow would bring a great veteran presence to just about any locker room. He is by all accounts a great guy and he plays hard despite his size. He's also defensively sound and has shown ability in the past to put up some points. I have a feeling that Langkow would like to play a #2 or #3 center role, which is where many teams would be hesitant.
He'd be a great fit in Buffalo with Pominville and Leino on his wings.

Old
08-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Bandit34

Langkow's not done yet. Hope somebody picks him up soon.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:48 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
He'd be a great fit in Buffalo with Pominville and Leino on his wings.
I've never seen an NHL player stand so still for such long periods of time on the ice. More often then not he just stood and watched. More spectator than player. His feet have become very, very slow and he doesnt move them nearly enough. It's not for a lack of want, mind you, the guy is a warrior, and there is no doubt about that. Again, I love Langkow as a player, again I think he's done. He's less mobile than Paul Bissonnette.

08-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
They are pulling a parise/suter and will all sign with the same team.
Miami? Brooklyn?

Or maybe the clippers?

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 08:24 AM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Arnott produced 17-17-34 in 72 GP last season; Langkow had 11-19-30 in 73 GP. Frankly, if there's interest in Arnott, there should be equal suitors for Langkow - even moreso because he's 2 years younger. While Arnott may have the better shot and is physically bigger, Langkow is a better two-way player and lauded as a leader just as much as Arnott.

And in Buffalo IMO - he'd provide insurance behind Ennis & Hodgson and probably cost less than Arnott.

Forgetting about Doan I agree with because the money needed to sign him doesn't fit with what he'd bring as a 36-year old with a lot of wear and tear on his body.

However, there's no way I want Regier to forget about trying to get Ryan. Guys who score 30+ goals for 4 consecutive seasons, are only 25 and have a reasonable cap hit of $5.1M don't come onto the market often - the Sabres should be calling Anaheim every day about Ryan.
Don't get me wrong, I'd take Ryan any day of the week, but Buffalo just don't have the pieces. Well, we may have the pieces but there's no way we could trade them. Plus as of right now, the Ducks are still looking foe a massive overpayment, which Buffalo can't afford to do. I just think the time to make a move is now, while everybody's waiting on Doan. Once he decides, then everyone's going to focus on Arnott.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
They had dinner. They werent partying, they werent drunk, they were awake and hungry. In this situation it's the Nashville Predator's organization that did something incredibly stupid, and not that pair of Russians.
Kostitsyn is from Belarus, not Russia.

Mystlyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:47 PM
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Belarus used to be part of the old Soviet Union

thrillermiller89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Mahleezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
nobody have news or rumours about these four players

where these guys sign

kristian huselius
andrei kostitsyn
daymond langkow
jason arnott
As a habs fan... I wouldn't mind signing Huselius to a 1 year deal around 2-2.5 mill.

Hell I'd take AK back for 1 year at the same amount.

Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd take Ryan any day of the week, but Buffalo just don't have the pieces. Well, we may have the pieces but there's no way we could trade them. Plus as of right now, the Ducks are still looking foe a massive overpayment, which Buffalo can't afford to do.
No one knows for sure what Anaheim really wants - there have been various rumors, theories and speculations that range from a 2nd line center and defenseman with NHL experience being a must to others suggesting that a group of prospects on entry level contracts. As you noted, the Sabres have plenty of the latter - it's more a question if Regier will agree to trade any of them.

Quote:
I just think the time to make a move is now, while everybody's waiting on Doan. Once he decides, then everyone's going to focus on Arnott.
Agreed - and, as I said, it's fine if the attention shifts to Arnott. I think either Moore or Langkow would be better fits in Buffalo.

Old
08-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Probably would be in Langkows best interest to retire.

Kostitsyn and Arnott are still pretty valuable players (Arnott more for a year maybe 2)

But Huselius is kinda soft, which was always the big problem for him.

That said, besides Arnott none are really a fit for the Blues, but yeah

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Miami? Brooklyn?

Or maybe the clippers?
Stayed tuned for the 1 hour special.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
tony d
The franchise

Wouldn't mind Arnott in Ottawa, he'd add some talent to our bottom 6. Husselius would be a good add too if he's healthy.

08-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post
Belarus used to be part of the old Soviet Union
Of course, that still doesn't make him "Russian" any more than the U.S. and Canada's common heritage as British colonies would make Sidney Crosby an American.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:38 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Of course, that still doesn't make him "Russian" any more than the U.S. and Canada's common heritage as British colonies would make Sidney Crosby an American.
I have a friend that was from Belarus, he considers himself Russian.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I have a friend that was from Belarus, he considers himself Russian.
And Sean Couturier was born in Phoenix but considers himself Canadian. So?

Heck, the Foligno brothers were both born in Buffalo but compete for two different countries.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:16 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Oh, in that case, BURN THE WITCH!

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:43 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Two different scenarios. Crosby was born in Canada. Kostitsyn was born in Russia. Belarus wasn't established as an independent nation until 1991, when Kostitsyn was six. I don't claim to know his thoughts on the matter, but he could very justifiably call himself Russian.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 07:52 AM
dan1el

Bring them all to Ottawa. We need to hit the floor.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Fuelled by Passion

I believe AKost was born in USSR (not Russia) in a Belorussian city, so it does make him Belorussian.
My very good friend (was born in USSR, now Belarus) told me their 2 reasons why people from Belarus would consider themselves Russians
1) They are ethnic Russians who were born and raised in Belarus (USSR)
2) In NA they just got tired to explain where is Belarus. According to my friend 99% of the times when he replies "Belarus" to a question "Where is he from" he hears "What?" So it is easier for him to say he is Russian

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote