HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What cage looks best on the Re-Akt?

Old
08-04-2012, 12:02 AM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

vCash: 500
What cage looks best on the Re-Akt?

Getting a Bauer Re Akt hemet for a team order for my Junior team. The league I'm in requires a cage though and I wanna know which cage looks best for this helmet.

The ccm fm480 is obviously the most popular choice but sometimes it looks bad with certain helmets and I want to see what it looks like on a re-akt. If you have pictures that would help.

Thanks.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Vuronov

I'd imagine that the best choice of a cage would be the one that offers the best field of vision for you and that would really depend on what brand, model, and size fits and lines up with your face best.

Now speaking from a strictly aesthetic perspective, I've always liked the profile of the Bauer 9900 cage, it seems to project out a bit more in a spherical shape than other cages and I like the look. However, after trying many cages on I found that the Reebok 11K offered me the best visibility and that's the one I went with.

Vuronov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:33 AM
drivesrf

Get the re-akt cage, its light as hell and looks cool, AND it goes with your helmet.

drivesrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:32 PM
CGNY87

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivesrf View Post
Get the re-akt cage, its light as hell and looks cool, AND it goes with your helmet.
I found the bars too thick on the re-akt. I like the "flat" bars on the 9900. I loved how light the re-akt was but the 9900 seems to offer better visibilty (or lack of bar visibility).

The best advice for almost all hockey gear is "try it on and see how you like it" LOL

CGNY87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
mhkehoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGNY87 View Post
I found the bars too thick on the re-akt. I like the "flat" bars on the 9900. I loved how light the re-akt was but the 9900 seems to offer better visibilty (or lack of bar visibility).

The best advice for almost all hockey gear is "try it on and see how you like it" LOL
I will echo this. I have the Re-AKT cage and the 9900, and after a few weeks of using the Re-AKT, I am considering going back to the 9900 because the vision is better. The Re-AKT still has the oval bars, but they are definitely wider. It seems like the brighter the environment, the more noticeable the the bars are.

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

9900 is the best cage

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:26 PM
SouthpawTRK

not sure if your league allows this and although technically not a cage, this get's my vote:

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BCIIS

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:32 PM
CGNY87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
not sure if your league allows this and although technically not a cage, this get's my vote:

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BCIIS
I have seen a few people use that and here is my take on it. When if fogs up its a longer process to wipe away the fog than a normal visor. Also the clear "bars" under the visor portion distort and distract you. If you are trying to see the puck near your feet or stick handling and watching out of the corner of your eye the clear bars will get in the way.

Normal visor or full cage are the best options, IMO

CGNY87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
mhkehoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGNY87 View Post
I have seen a few people use that and here is my take on it. When if fogs up its a longer process to wipe away the fog than a normal visor. Also the clear "bars" under the visor portion distort and distract you. If you are trying to see the puck near your feet or stick handling and watching out of the corner of your eye the clear bars will get in the way.

Normal visor or full cage are the best options, IMO
I've had the same experience with that visor. The clear bars really don't show objects clearly enough to make sense of what it is, so you end up being better off with straight thinner bars (such as the Bauer 920 visor/cage combo).

I would vote for the 9900.

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote