HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bobby Ryan

Old
08-03-2012, 12:33 AM
ninetynine*

vCash: 500
And since Couts isn't going anywhere, Ryan won't be coming to Philly, which is fine, that's too high a price.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Prongo
Beer

Ducks fans on the main board are saying Kessel+ from the leafs to get Ryan....

What the hell are those fans smoking. Kessel has actually out performed Ryan statistically over the last 4 years. Both are 4 time 30 goal scorers.

Kessel 135 goals.
Ryan 131 goal.

Kessel-261 points
Ryan-249 points.

Kessel is actually producing more on the offensive game the last 4 years. The only problem with Kessel is his contract, but that wouldn't require the Leafs to add to that trade.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:04 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Ducks fans on the main board are saying Kessel+ from the leafs to get Ryan....

What the hell are those fans smoking. Kessel has actually out performed Ryan statistically over the last 4 years. Both are 4 time 30 goal scorers.

Kessel 135 goals.
Ryan 131 goal.

Kessel-261 points
Ryan-249 points.

Kessel is actually producing more on the offensive game the last 4 years. The only problem with Kessel is his contract, but that wouldn't require the Leafs to add to that trade.
It was for Ryan and Devante Smith-Pelly, not just Ryan. Taking contracts into consideration, it's not that ridiculous to ask for Kessel+. Overpayment for sure but that's what it would take.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Broad Street Elite

I believe that Ryan won't get moved this offseason, but the deal line or next offseason are more likely. If Getz and/or Perry walk as I expect, it's full on rebuild time in Anahiem next year.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:30 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I believe that Ryan won't get moved this offseason, but the deal line or next offseason are more likely. If Getz and/or Perry walk as I expect it's full on rebuild time in Anahiem next year.
Just curious as to why you expect it.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:58 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I believe that Ryan won't get moved this offseason, but the deal line or next offseason are more likely. If Getz and/or Perry walk as I expect, it's full on rebuild time in Anahiem next year.
If a rebuild were to occur, would it be in their interest to build around Ryan or move him for "lesser" pieces and prospects/picks?

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Just curious as to why you expect it.
The team's lack of recent success and the reality that they are two of the top 5 free agents. Playing the odds that 1 of them walks away.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
If a rebuild were to occur, would it be in their interest to build around Ryan or move him for "lesser" pieces and prospects/picks?
Re-build or not, why move Ryan at all? It seems weird to me that they are even considering it.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:30 AM
wphillip560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Re-build or not, why move Ryan at all? It seems weird to me that they are even considering it.
Because he's more-or-less requested a trade:

"I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don't care. Move me ... because it's just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you're going to be the guy moved."

wphillip560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:34 AM
turkinaa

Quote:
As said above. They either have to make him feel like a franchise player who won't be traded (someone to build around) or move him (as he requested) to either get pieces that can be used for Perry/Getzlaf if retained or to restock/find a new centerpiece. It'll just come down to who they want to keep/build around.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
healthyscratch

Soemthing tells me Bobby Ryan will be wearing orange and black when/if the season starts.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:19 AM
feedingschennzy

I have a feeling that the talks stalled at the draft and we wont ultimately be seeing bobby ryan a flyer. I cant imagine anybody meeting the ducks demands, let alone the demands of their fans, who are painfully naive.

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
I have a feeling that the talks stalled at the draft and we wont ultimately be seeing bobby ryan a flyer. I cant imagine anybody meeting the ducks demands, let alone the demands of their fans, who are painfully naive.
They are simply asking for Schenn+ or Couturier+. Both of which are fair value for Bobby Ryan. Bobby Ryan is currently the best player of the three, why wouldn't you ask for a Schenn or Couturier back, especially if your goal is to get a center. It seems that most Flyer fans (and maybe rightfully so) value both those guys too much. But Ryan is a valuable player and if we held his rights, we'd want more back then Read and Mezsaros.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
They are simply asking for Schenn+ or Couturier+. Both of which are fair value for Bobby Ryan. Bobby Ryan is currently the best player of the three, why wouldn't you ask for a Schenn or Couturier back, especially if your goal is to get a center. It seems that most Flyer fans (and maybe rightfully so) value both those guys too much. But Ryan is a valuable player and if we held his rights, we'd want more back then Read and Mezsaros.
I absolutely agree with this, but Ducks fans naivety generally goes beyond their trade demands. Many of them seem to have their head in the clouds thinking that Ryan is suddenly satisfied and content because of a couple extremely general and expected comments from him.

I believe Ryan is 100% okay to remain in Anaheim, but that does not mean he isnt still annoyed and pissed off that he seems to be their most expendable core piece. Ducks fans seem to believe that because Ryan said that he's "ready to win" this season, that everything is back to normal.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:50 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Soemthing tells me Bobby Ryan will be wearing orange and black when/if the season starts.
I dont think its going to happen. The Flyers wont trade Couturier or Schenn which will mean the Flyers would have to trade multiple assets to get him. Right now due to depth issues they wont be able to.
Unless the Ducks decide they are rebuilding and take a combo of picks and prospects its not going to happen.
The Ducks arent going to take Voracek, Mez ect ect for him.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:27 PM
turkinaa

Right now the only way I see Ryan as a Flyer is if:

1) The Flyers are getting into the playoffs around the deadline and want that push (at a reduced asking price of course).

2) The Ducks retain Perry/Getzlaf and trade Ryan to reduce cap for other roster pieces (which seems like it won't happen since their asking price is still too high).

3) Trade right before or sign him as a UFA.

It's always going to come down to their asking price, how the teams play, and how badly they want to make a trade.

Old
08-06-2012, 01:28 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

I read the flyers counter offer was Simmonds Voracek Laughton and a 1st for Ryan....

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
I read the flyers counter offer was Simmonds Voracek Laughton and a 1st for Ryan....
God I hope not.

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Where did you hear this from? I hope his name doesn't have yy and rr somewhere in it.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
So...

Two forwards almost as good as Ryan and two 1sts who could become almost as good as Ryan...

For Ryan?

Meh. **** this.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:58 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

this just in: nothing is happening and people are making things up because its august and they want hits

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:36 PM
JayB

When i look our roster, i dont see any sniper players, lot of pass first guys, so i would do something like Voracek+prospect+picks for Ryan to get shoot first player who can do goals.

If Ryan isnt there for those assets i would go after next guy, wo would that be?

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Oh really?? Provide the source then. I have seen nothing of the sorts.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
So...

Two forwards almost as good as Ryan and two 1sts who could become almost as good as Ryan...

For Ryan?

Meh. **** this.
I'm sure the rumour was crap, but you're right. Ryan's a good player but he's not THAT good. I'd hesitate to trade Voracek for him, let alone add 3 key assets.

We don't need Bobby - the Greatest Player named Bobby since Orr, Hull and Clarke - Ryan. Let him rot in Anaheim and we'll wait until he's UFA and he can come home for nada.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
djlethal08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I'm sure the rumour was crap, but you're right. Ryan's a good player but he's not THAT good. I'd hesitate to trade Voracek for him, let alone add 3 key assets.

We don't need Bobby - the Greatest Player named Bobby since Orr, Hull and Clarke - Ryan. Let him rot in Anaheim and we'll wait until he's UFA and he can come home for nada.
Exactly, Bobby Ryan is a very good player, but he's not now nor will he ever be a superstar. And I personally would not overpay to bring him here.

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote