HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2012 Olympics

Old
08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
After the first goal for canada, they claimed the game was done.

Guess not
who is they?
I watched the game from beginning to end. Did not hear that at all.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brozgalov

vCash: 500
Great ending for Team USA, but I honestly think Canada won that game. The call on the goalie was abysmal, only to be followed by a worse call on the handball... Canada should have still had the 3-2 lead at that point. Doesn't mean we couldn't have tied it up still... just sayin.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
who is they?
I watched the game from beginning to end. Did not hear that at all.
see the 3 threads that were talking about the game

08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
Great ending for Team USA, but I honestly think Canada won that game. The call on the goalie was abysmal, only to be followed by a worse call on the handball... Canada should have still had the 3-2 lead at that point. Doesn't mean we couldn't have tied it up still... just sayin.
I missed the play but someone told me about it; it sounds like something goalies do or push the envelope on all the time without penalty. Unless she was warned for doing it earlier it seems like an odd call.

08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I missed the play but someone told me about it; it sounds like something goalies do or push the envelope on all the time without penalty. Unless she was warned for doing it earlier it seems like an odd call.
Not sure if she was or not, but the announcers said she was warned for it at least once during the game and before the game

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:51 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
oh, thought you meant commentary.
there is a reason why I usually stay away from in game threads on the main board.
I bet the word rigged was used 8 billion times as well

Old
08-06-2012, 04:55 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
that was a brutal call, the handball was a brutal call. When a guy in the NBC studio (former soccer player forgot his name) said he had never seen that before you know it was bad. Definite real bad break for Canada. they played their ***** off for sure.

Old
08-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
oh, thought you meant commentary.
there is a reason why I usually stay away from in game threads on the main board.
I bet the word rigged was used 8 billion times as well
There was indeed a lot of mad people.. But to be honest, Tancradi should have been out of the game.. She had a yellow card given to her in the game and still had about 8 or 9 fouls which some were deserving of a card.

Plus Morgan and Wambach were constantly tackled in the 18

The terrible reffing was a lot closer than canadians are admitting

Old
08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
There was indeed a lot of mad people.. But to be honest, Tancradi should have been out of the game.. She had a yellow card given to her in the game and still had about 8 or 9 fouls which some were deserving of a card.

Plus Morgan and Wambach were constantly tackled in the 18

The terrible reffing was a lot closer than canadians are admitting
I know it was a tough call to make, but I dont think the referee was going to send Canada down to 10 players in a game of that magnitude. It was a physical game on both sides. Probably as physical of a game as you are going to see in womens soccer.
Canada's coach was whining about the USA's tactics of blocking on set pieces and it ended up being Canada being the more physical team on set pieces for the match.

Old
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Well, after the 2-3 it didn't look too good.

As for the free kick, I think it's an iffy but not a horrible call. Although granted, I don't think I've ever seen that one called before.
The penalty call was pathetic, however. Especially since there was a similiar situation earlier in the US box.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 05:45 PM
sycamore

Probably gonna get flamed for this, but man I can't stand Wambach and to a lesser degree Solo. This is Alex Morgan's team now. Hope that whatever the result of this Olympics that Wambach and Solo realize they are old and unpopular and step the ******* down.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
Probably gonna get flamed for this, but man I can't stand Wambach and to a lesser degree Solo. This is Alex Morgan's team now. Hope that whatever the result of this Olympics that Wambach and Solo realize they are old and unpopular and step the ******* down.
LOL
Wambach is playing some of her best soccer in the last few years.
Solo is still a good goaltender as well. 360 minutes of shutout soccer before a great player ended the streak for Canada.
Alex Morgan is awesome, but there is some great chemistry between Wambach and Morgan.

Old
08-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Well, after the 2-3 it didn't look too good.

As for the free kick, I think it's an iffy but not a horrible call. Although granted, I don't think I've ever seen that one called before.
The penalty call was pathetic, however. Especially since there was a similiar situation earlier in the US box.
Different situations. With the american handball, her hands were by her side in a natural position.. with the canadian one, it hit 2 different players.. the girl who the ball hit 2nd had her hands out from her body

Old
08-06-2012, 05:59 PM
sycamore

Quote:
LOL
Wambach is playing some of her best soccer in the last few years.
She's also an unapolgetic you-know-what and sets a bad example for young girls everywhere. Team needs more Mia Hamm's, Julie Foudies, Brandi Chastains, and Alex Morgans -- pretty, intelligent, charismatic and and above all FEMININE women who can play the game and provide decent role models for our youngsters.

Old
08-06-2012, 06:06 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
She's also an unapolgetic you-know-what and sets a bad example for young girls everywhere. Team needs more Mia Hamm's, Julie Foudies, Brandi Chastains, and Alex Morgans -- pretty, intelligent, charismatic and and above all FEMININE women who can play the game and provide decent role models for our youngsters.
I must be a huge ******* having grown up watching Lindros.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
it would be pretty boring if all women soccer players acted the same way

Old
08-06-2012, 06:12 PM
sycamore

Quote:
And don't call me a bigot because I know Rapino is also a you-know-what but I have nothing but respect for Rapinoe because a) she's a hero for her cross against Brazil in the World Cup last year b) she's not nearly in your face as Wambach. Rapino knows her role, shut's the h*** up and goes about her business. Its just Wambach that need to go -- and I know deep down all of you guys agree.

Old
08-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

The USA vs Canada game is about to be replayed on NBC Sports for those who missed it

Old
08-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh, it's just extra time

Old
08-06-2012, 06:38 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
And don't call me a bigot because I know Rapino is also a you-know-what but I have nothing but respect for Rapinoe because a) she's a hero for her cross against Brazil in the World Cup last year b) she's not nearly in your face as Wambach. Rapino knows her role, shut's the h*** up and goes about her business. Its just Wambach that need to go -- and I know deep down all of you guys agree.
No I dont. I think shes awesome. I hope she never changes.

Old
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Jray42

vCash: 86
Quote:
lol nope.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:16 PM
sobrien
Oshie Hipster

Quote:
Just because it's a different example doesn't make it a bad one. Women's soccer is a lot tougher than apparently you think, a tough role-model isn't a bad thing to have.

Quote:
not at all.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:09 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Just watched it... un-****ing-believable. I am by no means a fan of 'football' - but sweet jesus, those calls ****ed the Canadian women's' team.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 10:41 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Just watched it... un-****ing-believable. I am by no means a fan of 'football' - but sweet jesus, those calls ****ed the Canadian women's' team.
no! never! it didn't!

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

also

james duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie
It gets worse. FIFA investigating comments made by Cdn soccer players post-game about ref. Suspensions for bronze medal game a possibility.