HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

7 million in Cap Space

Old
08-06-2012, 08:02 AM
jamers
bleep bop bloop

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
It would have to be made of mostly $1 bills so that the sack stands more than 6' tall and the rest can be coins so its not as soft as most of the team.
It would have great net presence on PPs.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:30 AM
cardiffgiant
Movin' on up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
Well besides the fact that Briere has a NTC and won't move b/c his kids can't leave NJ, he's on the latter side of playing age and most of the Sabres are younger.
I strongly recommend being more careful when you throw around the word "can't". People will read the above and naturally assume that Briere's children are under some kind of tractor beam enforced court order to remain in NJ.

I would just hate for everyone to be confused.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Eichel15
A DJ saved my life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Eichel15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
I strongly recommend being more careful when you throw around the word "can't". People will read the above and naturally assume that Briere's children are under some kind of tractor beam enforced court order to remain in NJ.

Aren't you clever. For all I know, his kids would be detained at the border. So maybe "can't" is correct. Do you have details of his divorce settlement to clarify for us? If not, then "can't" could very well be true for Danny.

Eichel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:48 AM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post

Most divorce agreements that split custody require court approval for the children to be moved away from one spouse or the other. The reason being that courts go through a lot of trouble to set up custody agreements, and if one parent or the other can just shuttle the kids to the other side of the country and effectively make the custody schedule meaningless, it would make the court effectively incompetent to handle custody matters. So you see a lot of people being hauled in to court for moving their kids out of state when a custody agreement is in place. Danny is most likely subject to the same standard custody terms.

Be careful what you decide to get snarky about, you just might be wrong.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:10 PM
cardiffgiant
Movin' on up!

Thank you very much for your concern, but I'll get snarky about whatever I feel like. Obviously there are scenarios that would allow for the Briere children to leave the state border, yet I am able to understand what was meant in the original post.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:14 PM
joshjull

Folks lets get back to hockey and away from divorce court.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
I want Briere back. Dude's still got some sick hands. Still a top line center at almost 35. It would be a better move than signing Doan.

Leino-Briere-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Vanek-Hodgson-Ott
Kaleta-McCormick-Tropp
Briere? I wouldn't mind him being on the team for the next 3 yrs.

He has one yr left to pay out 7 million. Then his $ drops to 3 million in 2013-14, then 2 million 2014-15. If some how they were able to make that trade work and he moved his nmc. My question would be what would Briere' cap hit be for the remaining years he would have left with the Sabres? Would it be 4 mill. or would it be the same cap hit he had with Philly 6.5 mill.

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 07:52 PM
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 View Post
Briere? I wouldn't mind him being on the team for the next 3 yrs.

He has one yr left to pay out 7 million. Then his $ drops to 3 million in 2013-14, then 2 million 2014-15. If some how they were able to make that trade work and he moved his nmc. My question would be what would Briere' cap hit be for the remaining years he would have left with the Sabres? Would it be 4 mill. or would it be the same cap hit he had with Philly 6.5 mill.
Same cap hit. It is consistent throughout the life of the contract.

ManuelCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote