HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Projected Standings: East (8)

View Poll Results: Who will be seventh in the East?
Buffalo Sabres 16 32.65%
Florida Panthers 3 6.12%
Montreal Canadiens 2 4.08%
New Jersey Devils 7 14.29%
NY Islanders 1 2.04%
Tampa Bay Lightning 7 14.29%
Toronto Maple Leafs 1 2.04%
Winnipeg Jets 12 24.49%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2012, 02:32 AM
  #1
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,975
vCash: 833
Projected Standings: East (8)

#1: New York Rangers - 49.23%
#2: Boston Bruins - 67.27%
#3: Carolina Hurricanes - 57.69% (in the tiebreaker), 44.93% originally
#4: Pittsburgh Penguins - 78.05%
#5: Philadelphia Flyers - 68.63%
#6: Washington Capitals - 82.93% (Tiebreaker), 35.42% (Original)
#7: Ottawa Senators - 42.86%

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 05:00 AM
  #2
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,190
vCash: 500
I'm voting for Winnipeg, but I'm kind of torn between the Jets and the Panthers.

Hammer79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:42 AM
  #3
Mason10
Bacon
 
Mason10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Jets

Mason10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:55 AM
  #4
Anzes Eyes
5th line centre
 
Anzes Eyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Tampa Bay

Anzes Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:56 AM
  #5
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,050
vCash: 500
The correct answer is New Jersey. One player, even the calibre of Parise, isn't going to make them a non-playoff team... Their division is excellent against the field year in and year out.

Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:24 AM
  #6
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
LOL how is Buffalo better than Tampa or New Jersey. Hodgson is their number one center right now

Mitts McCann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:30 AM
  #7
Pseudonymous*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
LOL how is Buffalo better than Tampa or New Jersey. Hodgson is their number one center right now
Youre mentioning their only real big flaw. Their 2nd line that was put together towards the end of last year lit things up (foligno, ennis and stafford), and their 1st line is also very good. With their 2nd line coming together and having the chemistry they did, that leaves hodgson centering the two top players, so he hardly has to carry the line (think morrison with naslund and bert) . all their missing is one piece on their team, yes its a major piece but these are predictions for standings and to be honest, theres 0 way they dont fix that hole during the season or who knows, maybe before the season, their owner isn't afraid to spend money

They also have high end prospects that might be nhl ready this year, a great goaltender and pretty good D. I predict Ennis (center) could get near a point a game this year.

They were barely out of the playoffs last year and lost more man games to injury (to top players) than any other team (probably). They also got rid of an overrated/undersized center and picked up a checking winger who is capable of putting up nearly as many points. which gives them the extra grit they needed

While they still need to replace the C position, i have no doubts with their top 6 being as good as it is, their d being good and their goaltending being good and not being as unlucky with injuries, there is no question they are a playoff team


Last edited by Pseudonymous*: 08-06-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Pseudonymous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:46 AM
  #8
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
I want Montreal but I know its unlikely.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
  #9
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,975
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Youre mentioning their only real big flaw. Their 2nd line that was put together towards the end of last year lit things up (foligno, ennis and stafford), and their 1st line is also very good. With their 2nd line coming together and having the chemistry they did, that leaves hodgson centering the two top players, so he hardly has to carry the line (think morrison with naslund and bert) . all their missing is one piece on their team, yes its a major piece but these are predictions for standings and to be honest, theres 0 way they dont fix that hole during the season or who knows, maybe before the season, their owner isn't afraid to spend money

They also have high end prospects that might be nhl ready this year, a great goaltender and pretty good D. I predict Ennis (center) could get near a point a game this year.

They were barely out of the playoffs last year and lost more man games to injury (to top players) than any other team (probably). They also got rid of an overrated/undersized center and picked up a checking winger who is capable of putting up nearly as many points. which gives them the extra grit they needed

While they still need to replace the C position, i have no doubts with their top 6 being as good as it is, their d being good and their goaltending being good and not being as unlucky with injuries, there is no question they are a playoff team
Hodgson will most likely be on a line with Pominville and Vanek this coming season, so he won't be exactly relied on for both offense and defense. I can see the Sabres sneaking into the playoffs, but that depends on how healthy the roster is and how well the FES line will continue to play.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:59 AM
  #10
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Youre mentioning their only real big flaw. Their 2nd line that was put together towards the end of last year lit things up (foligno, ennis and stafford), and their 1st line is also very good. With their 2nd line coming together and having the chemistry they did, that leaves hodgson centering the two top players, so he hardly has to carry the line (think morrison with naslund and bert) . all their missing is one piece on their team, yes its a major piece but these are predictions for standings and to be honest, theres 0 way they dont fix that hole during the season or who knows, maybe before the season, their owner isn't afraid to spend money

They also have high end prospects that might be nhl ready this year, a great goaltender and pretty good D. I predict Ennis (center) could get near a point a game this year.

They were barely out of the playoffs last year and lost more man games to injury (to top players) than any other team (probably). They also got rid of an overrated/undersized center and picked up a checking winger who is capable of putting up nearly as many points. which gives them the extra grit they needed

While they still need to replace the C position, i have no doubts with their top 6 being as good as it is, their d being good and their goaltending being good and not being as unlucky with injuries, there is no question they are a playoff team
I can see at least five teams in the east that got better. Buffalo has gotten worse. They didn't make the playoffs last year and they're not making them this year. Hodgson is a complete liability on the ice. He gives up twice as many scoring chances than he creates. I see him falling out of favor with Lindy. You win up the middle. Buffalo has nothing in the middle.

Mitts McCann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 12:05 PM
  #11
Pseudonymous*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I can see at least five teams in the east that got better. Buffalo has gotten worse. They didn't make the playoffs last year and they're not making them this year. Hodgson is a complete liability on the ice. He gives up twice as many scoring chances than he creates. I see him falling out of favor with Lindy. You win up the middle. Buffalo has nothing in the middle.
The Ennis/stafford/Foligno were a point per game players after they were formed (or just short of), thats their second line.

Their top line includes Vanek and Pominville, whether you guys are down on Hodgson as a player or not, if you dont think he can put up numbers and keep those two going, youre crazy. its the season we're talking about, not the playoffs. Theres also the fact that Hodgson is still growing as a player and i expect him to come out more improved, as is the case with most highly skilled rookies

This talk reminds me of this quote:

Quote:
"When women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes;
when they do not love us, they give us credit for nothing, not even our virtues."
When hodgson is on our team, nothing but praise and thinking he should get a bigger role, on another team, he shouldn't be NEAR the top 2 spots. Same regarding Ott, when its the canucks that might get him, he gets hyped up but when hes the player that they get when they lose roy, all of a sudden buffalo is going to be worse. hah, theres 0 chance they have the key injuries they did last year, that automatically makes them a much better team. they also had some grit issues which were filled

Roy got to play 19+ minutes a game, play in all scenarios which gave him inflated stats, hes not a true #1 center either.


nevermind all this because this is predictions for end of season standings and their gm will fill that one hole they have and acquire another C. im sure as of now, they want to assess hodgson's growth and Girgensons/Grigorenko, i believe one of them is going to get a shot at a spot this year.

Whatever, ill come back at the end of the season and bump this thread and quote your post


Last edited by Pseudonymous*: 08-06-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Pseudonymous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 01:22 PM
  #12
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,975
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I can see at least five teams in the east that got better. Buffalo has gotten worse. They didn't make the playoffs last year and they're not making them this year. Hodgson is a complete liability on the ice. He gives up twice as many scoring chances than he creates. I see him falling out of favor with Lindy. You win up the middle. Buffalo has nothing in the middle.
Pommer will be able to compensate for Hodgson's defensive liabilities, while Vanek will actually be able to finish on Hodgon's passes.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:53 PM
  #13
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
The Ennis/stafford/Foligno were a point per game players after they were formed (or just short of), thats their second line.

Their top line includes Vanek and Pominville, whether you guys are down on Hodgson as a player or not, if you dont think he can put up numbers and keep those two going, youre crazy. its the season we're talking about, not the playoffs. Theres also the fact that Hodgson is still growing as a player and i expect him to come out more improved, as is the case with most highly skilled rookies

This talk reminds me of this quote:



When hodgson is on our team, nothing but praise and thinking he should get a bigger role, on another team, he shouldn't be NEAR the top 2 spots. Same regarding Ott, when its the canucks that might get him, he gets hyped up but when hes the player that they get when they lose roy, all of a sudden buffalo is going to be worse. hah, theres 0 chance they have the key injuries they did last year, that automatically makes them a much better team. they also had some grit issues which were filled

Roy got to play 19+ minutes a game, play in all scenarios which gave him inflated stats, hes not a true #1 center either.


nevermind all this because this is predictions for end of season standings and their gm will fill that one hole they have and acquire another C. im sure as of now, they want to assess hodgson's growth and Girgensons/Grigorenko, i believe one of them is going to get a shot at a spot this year.

Whatever, ill come back at the end of the season and bump this thread and quote your post
Keep being a Cody fan boy. It doesn't take an NHL scout to see how poor Hodgson was from the offensive blue line and out. He was brutal. A liability. He had worse numbers in Buffalo than he did here and he played mostly with Vanek. Obviously he'll get points but I actually watched most of his games in Buffalo and he was awful for the most part. I can't see his lateral movement or acceleration improving and his awareness in the defensive zone is like I said "brutal" It'll be hard to generate scoring chances when he's mostly running around in his own end. He had 85% offensive zone stars in Van. Why is this? Because Gillis and AV knew how atrociousness he was and they were trying to mask his deficiencies while increasing his offensive production so they could get his value up and it worked admirably. We got a steal of a trade and I laugh every time someone says Gillis lost the Hodgson trade. Only morons thought Hodgson deserved more ice time here. The wool was pulled over your eyes. Gillis did a masterful job that even the fans were duped. Ennis and Foligno are still major question marks. Pominville had a revitalizing season but his previous years his affect on the game was diminishing. I don't see him putting up the same numbers and I dont see him nullifying Hodgsons embarrassing defensive play. For every goal they score they'll give up two.

Mitts McCann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 02:56 PM
  #14
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Pommer will be able to compensate for Hodgson's defensive liabilities, while Vanek will actually be able to finish on Hodgon's passes.
Go look at Cody's advanced stats than come talk. Yes he'll get more assist playing with Vanek but that's if they can get the puck safely out of their zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBAk7362Ikw

I dont think it was the hit that gave him bambi legs. He's had them his whole career.

Mitts McCann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
  #15
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,975
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Go look at Cody's advanced stats than come talk. Yes he'll get more assist playing with Vanek but that's if they can get the puck safely out of their zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBAk7362Ikw

I dont think it was the hit that gave him bambi legs. He's had them his whole career.
I wasn't saying Hodgson was awesome in his own end, but I think Pommer will help that line out on the defensive side of the rink.

Not to say that that is a really good first line though...

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
  #16
Pseudonymous*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Keep being a Cody fan boy. It doesn't take an NHL scout to see how poor Hodgson was from the offensive blue line and out. He was brutal. A liability. He had worse numbers in Buffalo than he did here and he played mostly with Vanek. Obviously he'll get points but I actually watched most of his games in Buffalo and he was awful for the most part. I can't see his lateral movement or acceleration improving and his awareness in the defensive zone is like I said "brutal" It'll be hard to generate scoring chances when he's mostly running around in his own end. He had 85% offensive zone stars in Van. Why is this? Because Gillis and AV knew how atrociousness he was and they were trying to mask his deficiencies while increasing his offensive production so they could get his value up and it worked admirably. We got a steal of a trade and I laugh every time someone says Gillis lost the Hodgson trade. Only morons thought Hodgson deserved more ice time here. The wool was pulled over your eyes. Gillis did a masterful job that even the fans were duped. Ennis and Foligno are still major question marks. Pominville had a revitalizing season but his previous years his affect on the game was diminishing. I don't see him putting up the same numbers and I dont see him nullifying Hodgsons embarrassing defensive play. For every goal they score they'll give up two.
Cody fanboy? I think youre generalizing and using your opinion of most of the hodgson fanboys around here and putting that on me. Just because i said something half decent about it doesn't make me a fanboy. Im not even that high on the guy. But I think anybody who thinks the game as smart as him can do well enough in between two great players to make it into the playoffs.

Ennis is not a question mark, foligno, sure.

Pseudonymous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
  #17
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13,000
vCash: 500
I just can't believe BUF is more of a playoff team over NJD.

vanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 07:59 PM
  #18
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I just can't believe BUF is more of a playoff team over NJD.
I don't think either are playoff teams. NJ is dropping because they lost Parise, and were a 6th place team last year so they don't have much margin for error. I don't think Kovalchuk can carry a team alone. If he could, Atlanta would have had a more successful franchise.

Hammer79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:15 PM
  #19
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
I don't think either are playoff teams. NJ is dropping because they lost Parise, and were a 6th place team last year so they don't have much margin for error. I don't think Kovalchuk can carry a team alone. If he could, Atlanta would have had a more successful franchise.
But to say that the Sabres are going to be higher than them simply because the Devils lost one player? I don't know...

And hey may have been a 6th place team, but that's only because of their super-strong division. Look at the standings. Points-wise they were tied for 4th in the conference.

vanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.