HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Stefan Noesen (2011, 21st OA, OTT; traded to ANA)

Old
03-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
I see he has 7 goals and 6 assist in 5 playoff games for Plymouth.

Can anyone who pays attention to Plymouth elaborate on how he's looking?

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Samsquanch
Creep

vCash: 1300
Im not a plymouth fan by any means, but as a sens fan I've made an honest effort to watch him as much as possible this season.

I was pretty surprised/disappointed when the sens took him with their second of three first rounders last year, and once again have proved to myself why I have no business judging undrafted players. Some guys have high boom/bust potnetial, Noesen isnt one of those guys.

He might boom, but will not bust into nothing. He's the type of guy that can adapt to whatever role you ask of him, thats what makes me so sure. He's got a set of fantastic hockey tools along with a solid frame, and the hockey sense to use them. A future NHLer without a doubt.

Samsquanch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:25 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
This guy is unbelievable. Takes over the big games by himself.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:01 PM
dan1el

Stefan Noesen - top 6 upside?

Just wondering the general consensus from other fanbases. Taken 21st overall by the Sens in 2011, won't be on the team this year but could play a couple of games down the stretch.

What are your opinions on him? Do you think he has potential to be a good player in the top 6?

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Dionysus

Noesen seems to be elevating his game in the playoffs again, 5th in OHL playoff scoring with 15 points in 9 games. Anybody watching the Whalers run have an analysis of how he has looked?

Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Avengers*

What happened to Stefan Noesen?

Is this guy a bust?

Avengers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Raging Bull
Future

He blew out his knee.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Woodhouse
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengers View Post
Is this guy a bust?
Noesen tore his ACL and MCL in his left knee back in October and is out for the season.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:24 AM
The Great Dame
DSevs

I still can't believe with two first round picks the Sens took Puempel and Noesen, neither of which I think will amount to much.

But I could be very wrong.

The Great Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:25 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dame View Post
I still can't believe with two first round picks the Sens took Puempel and Noesen, neither of which I think will amount to much.

If you look at who they could have taken instead, the only player that stands out is Saad. Beyond that I guess you could argue Gibson, Jurco, Rattie and Jenner.

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:47 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dame View Post

Puempel's scored 24 goals in his first season in the AHL. Maybe not a superstar but that is pretty good for a rookie.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:55 AM
NHL Dude 120

vCash: 135
Most likely Puempel would make his NHL debut next season, he's far from a bust. If he can turn into a second line 20-30 goal scoring winger i'd be happy with that. Noesen just had bad luck with an injury give him at least a few more years and then label him a bust.

NHL Dude 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Tecumseh
Ducks Hockey is Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
Most likely Puempel would make his NHL debut next season, he's far from a bust. If he can turn into a second line 20-30 goal scoring winger i'd be happy with that. Noesen just had bad luck with an injury give him at least a few more years and then label him a bust.
It's not fair to Noesen to label him a bust. He blew out his knee pretty much right when the AHL season started. Nobody knows if he can make the jump from juniors to AHL. There was some good news lately as he sent out a tweet late week saying it was his first time on the ice since the injury.

Tecumseh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 02:26 PM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
Your expectations are a little bold there man.

03-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Benjamin
Life is suffering

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Bold for Pumpel? He can definitely be a 20-30 goal scorer. He's a pure goal scorer that'll go the the rough places.

Benjamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
If you look at who they could have taken instead, the only player that stands out is Saad. Beyond that I guess you could argue Gibson, Jurco, Rattie and Jenner.
Well there are plenty of promising guys taken behind them in 2011.

Namestnikov (nearly PPG in the AHL), Kucherov already in the NHL and Palat already in the NHL, Khokhachlev (god forgive me if I spelled him wrong), Rakell, Phillips, Nieto, Oullet, Boucher, Shaw, Gaudreau and I could go on. PLenty of very strong guys all over the draft.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 11:55 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
As an upside? Nah, not really. If he makes the NHL, which I think he will, it will have to be as a 15-20 goal scorer... as in, if he is not at that level by game 150/200, he will be out of the league. I expect him to stick, and slightly above that level. To suggest Puempel will have a 4-6 year stretch in the 20-30 goal range isn't unreasonable. Its far from a given, but its a possibility.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 11:56 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post

Namestnikov (nearly PPG in the AHL), Kucherov already in the NHL and Palat already in the NHL, Khokhachlev (god forgive me if I spelled him wrong), Rakell, Phillips, Nieto, Oullet, Boucher, Shaw, Gaudreau and I could go on. PLenty of very strong guys all over the draft.
Important to note that the Sens don't draft Russians. Whether one agrees with that philosophy or not, it is fact. Also while I agree that there are better players drafted after Noesen and Puempel, they sit firmly amongst the top group of non-NHLers from their draft.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:02 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:

Are Noesen and Pumpel not promising guys? They have more promise than some guys on that list of yours. Sucks for Noesen missing a whole year. Guy has good potential and seemed like lock to make the show but we will see how it goes next year for him. He has his work cut out in Anaheim.

MrCraigAnderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:05 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress*

big thing with puempel is staying healthy, if he hits his stride and gains his confidence back, which it looks like he has then his draft position wont look that bad, a lot of the guys people here listed taken after him arent much better..

GuillaumeLetsundress* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Latvian View Post
Are Noesen and Pumpel not promising guys? They have more promise than some guys on that list of yours. Sucks for Noesen missing a whole year. Guy has good potential and seemed like lock to make the show but we will see how it goes next year for him. He has his work cut out in Anaheim.
They are promising guys, however both have much more question marks then the guys I mentioned IMO and have not taken the steps forward the guys mentioned from me have. Puempel is on a great way back with quit surprising AHL stats considering not very promising numbers in his final year in juniors.

I like their potential, but I think quit a few 2nd rounders, and some others are above them right now. Most of the guys are not far away, but some are established NHLers (Palat, Nieto, Saad, Shaw and Jenner) and Kucherov + Gaudreau for example have a much higher potential IMO.

Old
03-28-2014, 12:32 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
They are promising guys, however both have much more question marks then the guys I mentioned IMO and have not taken the steps forward the guys mentioned from me have. Puempel is on a great way back with quit surprising AHL stats considering not very promising numbers in his final year in juniors.

I like their potential, but I think quit a few 2nd rounders, and some others are above them right now. Most of the guys are not far away, but some are established NHLers (Palat, Nieto, Saad, Shaw and Jenner) and Kucherov + Gaudreau for example have a much higher potential IMO.
And there's no problem with that, it just appeared that you were writing them off and Gaudreau may have higher potential but he has more question marks IMO. Noesen could easily become a shaw type of player but he has the offensive upside that shaw doesn't.

MrCraigAnderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Latvian View Post
And there's no problem with that, it just appeared that you were writing them off and Gaudreau may have higher potential but he has more question marks IMO. Noesen could easily become a shaw type of player but he has the offensive upside that shaw doesn't.
I don't write them off at all, the guy I quoted said "If you look at who they could have taken instead except for Saad and maybe Ritchie, Jurco, Jenner and Gibson". And I think different and see plenty of guys that I belief will have better NHL careers, however I also belief both should be able to curve out decent careers on their own.

Old
03-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Both Noesen and Puempel are much more physical with pro style games than many of the names bandied about.

For Noesen it's tough to evaluate given his entire rookie AHL season has been wiped out, but Puempel is on pace for close to 30 goals and over 100 PIM's as a rookie in the AHL. He is 3rd in the league in goals amongst rookies just behind Rattie and Pullkinen (who is a year older). Very few 20 year old rookies produce those kind of numbers in the AHL, and it's important to note Puempel was low on the depth chart early in the year on a very deep Bingo squad. He has now moved up to the top line with his play and the graduation of a few team mates (Hoffman /Stone).

As with every late 1st rounder, there will always be a few names in the 2nd round and beyond that look better, but these guys both look like solid picks for where they were drafted and are coveted prospects for each of their teams. Both are sure fire NHLers, although it remains to be seen in what role.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Woodhouse
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 162
Another long-term injury for Noesen:

Eric Stephens @icemancometh 7h
Ducks say prospect Stefan Noesen has Achilles injury and early prognosis is out four months. Was injured Saturday against Manchester.

Eric Stephens @icemancometh 6h
Rough go for Noesen, who missed majority of last season with torn knee ligaments. Had scored GWG goal Friday vs. Monarchs.

Eric Stephens @icemancometh 2m
Ducks say Stefan Noesen's torn Achilles occurred as a result of being cut by an opponent's skate blade Saturday.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote