HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #7 - Forte signs 4 yr deal

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2012, 10:58 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Agree entirely, and would add Stafford... as well as Schaub.
I love Stafford. Always have since his days at Georgia.

Big fan of Tyler Bray at Tennessee. He'd be my only college QB on the franchise guys list. If Aaron Murray were taller, he'd be there too.

Schaub isn't a builder. He's a good QB though.

It'd probably be Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Cutler, Peyton, Stafford, Ryan, Rivers, Bray, Luck, RG3, and Flacco.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:03 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I love Stafford. Always have since his days at Georgia.

Big fan of Tyler Bray at Tennessee. He'd be my only college QB on the franchise guys list. If Aaron Murray were taller, he'd be there too.

Schaub isn't a builder. He's a good QB though.

It'd probably be Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Cutler, Peyton, Stafford, Ryan, Rivers, Bray, Luck, RG3, and Flacco.
Really? I can't stand him. He's a wimp, dumb as ****, but has a great arm.

Murray is awful, most UGA fans can't stand him... he is a Grossman clone, it's scary.

First 4 I agree. Peyton 2-3 years ago, also agree, but if we're talking current Peyton, I disagree. Rivers I was on the fence with, but I think that's because he's such a tool. Matt Ryan is a game manager on a good day, nothing special about him at all, too afraid to take any chances at all or throw the ball beyond 15 yards.

Don't know much on Bray to be honest... Luck I love, but we'll see. Same with RG3.

Also not a fan of Flacco, he's lived off that defense and Rice.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:13 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Really? I can't stand him. He's a wimp, dumb as ****, but has a great arm.

Murray is awful, most UGA fans can't stand him... he is a Grossman clone, it's scary.

First 4 I agree. Peyton 2-3 years ago, also agree, but if we're talking current Peyton, I disagree. Rivers I was on the fence with, but I think that's because he's such a tool. Matt Ryan is a game manager on a good day, nothing special about him at all, too afraid to take any chances at all or throw the ball beyond 15 yards.

Don't know much on Bray to be honest... Luck I love, but we'll see. Same with RG3.

Also not a fan of Flacco, he's lived off that defense and Rice.
He's dumb, but he sees the field well, has good pocket presence and has that cannon.

That's why I said the taller thing. If he were 6'5", he'd be a stud. His height fails him.

Flacco impressed me against the Pats a lot. He showed he can carry a team if need be, though they did lose.

Rivers has bad mechanics, but everything else is golden. The guy knows how to run an offense.

Ryan needs to go to the Brady School of Quarterbacking. He has all the tools to be an incredible intermediate passer.

I've loved Luck since he was recruited by Stanford. He was my guy all the way through college. #FootballHipster

Bray reminds me of Brady. He can put balls into keyholes, has great touch, a cannon arm, makes smart throws and has good pocket presence, not other worldly like Brady though. The only knockbacks are that he can't run at all and he's skinny as hell.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
RayP

Quote:
He's dumb, but he sees the field well, has good pocket presence and has that cannon.

That's why I said the taller thing. If he were 6'5", he'd be a stud. His height fails him.

Flacco impressed me against the Pats a lot. He showed he can carry a team if need be, though they did lose.

Rivers has bad mechanics, but everything else is golden. The guy knows how to run an offense.

Ryan needs to go to the Brady School of Quarterbacking. He has all the tools to be an incredible intermediate passer.

I've loved Luck since he was recruited by Stanford. He was my guy all the way through college. #FootballHipster

Bray reminds me of Brady. He can put balls into keyholes, has great touch, a cannon arm, makes smart throws and has good pocket presence, not other worldly like Brady though. The only knockbacks are that he can't run at all and he's skinny as hell.
I'm still not sold on him long term. Only reason he might get by is because of the compliments he has. Hell, Kitna put up huge numbers with Calvin.

Yeah, Murray's height definitely kills him... but what kills him even more, is his AWFUL decision making on the field, especially when under pressure.

When I see Flacco, I just see the definition of average 90% of the time.

Rivers definitely knows how to run an offense. Yeah his mechanics suck, but he has made some average guys look great. I'll be interested to see how Vincent Jackson looks without him. I think he bombs.

Ryan does look like a young Brady, but Brady didn't have the options that Ryan has when he was younger. Two elite WRs, elite TE, and Turner was good up until last year.

I love Luck too, and really hope he succeeds. Just need to hope he keeps making good decisions, and doesn't get demolished when he scrambles. That was huge for him in college, but lets see if he can do it in the NFL.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:44 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
I'm still not sold on him long term. Only reason he might get by is because of the compliments he has. Hell, Kitna put up huge numbers with Calvin.

Yeah, Murray's height definitely kills him... but what kills him even more, is his AWFUL decision making on the field, especially when under pressure.

When I see Flacco, I just see the definition of average 90% of the time.

Rivers definitely knows how to run an offense. Yeah his mechanics suck, but he has made some average guys look great. I'll be interested to see how Vincent Jackson looks without him. I think he bombs.

Ryan does look like a young Brady, but Brady didn't have the options that Ryan has when he was younger. Two elite WRs, elite TE, and Turner was good up until last year.

I love Luck too, and really hope he succeeds. Just need to hope he keeps making good decisions, and doesn't get demolished when he scrambles. That was huge for him in college, but lets see if he can do it in the NFL.
He made that line look a lot better than it was last season with no running game. I find that to be incredibly impressive, even if he WR corps is awesome.

I could definitely see that. He's a guy that would benefit from being behind Drew Brees.

I feel he's finally broken out into what his tools say he should be.

I like Jackson, but I don't know how Freeman will do with him. I wasn't a fan of his coming out of college, and last year didn't help him.

Ryan just doesn't effectively utilize his best tools. I feel that if he were to, he'd be an elite QB.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:51 PM
RayP

Quote:
He made that line look a lot better than it was last season with no running game. I find that to be incredibly impressive, even if he WR corps is awesome.

I could definitely see that. He's a guy that would benefit from being behind Drew Brees.

I feel he's finally broken out into what his tools say he should be.

I like Jackson, but I don't know how Freeman will do with him. I wasn't a fan of his coming out of college, and last year didn't help him.

Ryan just doesn't effectively utilize his best tools. I feel that if he were to, he'd be an elite QB.
But he had soooo many attempts. Yeah his overal numbers look good, but he threw the ball so much more than anyone else.

Maybe, but I still doubt it. If he weren't the starting QB for a big time school in the SEC, no one would ever talk about him.

I haven't seen a ton of Freeman, but the little I have seen of him... I just don't see anything great out of him.

No, he absolutely does not utilize his tools at all. It's all mental for him, he's the most cowardly QB I've seen in quite a while. He NEVER takes a chance, to the point that I'd be surprised if he ever did start taking chances at this point.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:56 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
But he had soooo many attempts. Yeah his overal numbers look good, but he threw the ball so much more than anyone else.

Maybe, but I still doubt it. If he weren't the starting QB for a big time school in the SEC, no one would ever talk about him.

I haven't seen a ton of Freeman, but the little I have seen of him... I just don't see anything great out of him.

No, he absolutely does not utilize his tools at all. It's all mental for him, he's the most cowardly QB I've seen in quite a while. He NEVER takes a chance, to the point that I'd be surprised if he ever did start taking chances at this point.
I feel like Ryan would benefit so much by playing under Harbaugh. I love Mike Smith as a coach, but he just doesn't challenge Ryan.

That is true, but the Lions had no running game so it was kind of necessary.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Matt Ryan?

"Matty Ice"? More like "Matty Checkdown".

Guy is beyond overrated. Can't throw an accurate deep ball to save his sorry self. At least he has won a playoff game...not!

Old
08-07-2012, 12:03 AM
RayP

Quote:
I feel like Ryan would benefit so much by playing under Harbaugh. I love Mike Smith as a coach, but he just doesn't challenge Ryan.

That is true, but the Lions had no running game so it was kind of necessary.
Agree on Harbaugh, disagree on Smith. He hasn't shown that he has what it takes game planning wise to win in the playoffs. Yeah, he is the first Falcons coach EVER to put up back-to-back .500+ regular seasons... but they've also constantly been out coached in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Matt Ryan?

"Matty Ice"? More like "Matty Checkdown".

Guy is beyond overrated. Can't throw an accurate deep ball to save his sorry self. At least he has won a playoff game...not!
I actually think he could throw an accurate deep ball... if he wasn't afraid to throw it.

Old
08-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Flacco can really zip the ball. The perception of him would also be different if Lee Evans wasn't a brain donor.

Closed Thread