HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How is Fisher doing in Nashville?

Old
08-05-2012, 08:31 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
How is Fisher doing in Nashville?

Hey all, Sens fan coming in peace.

Always liked your team. Too bad you lost Suter, but I was very happy to see you stick it to Holmgren by matching the Weber offer sheet. Small market, shmall market.

Just wondering how Mike Fisher is doing in Nashville since the trade? I think I speak for most Sens fans when I say that we love and respect Fish, both for his play on the ice as well as his work in the community. And he is a genuine nice guy. How is he doing in Nashville, on and off the ice?

Peace all!

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM
thecloser

20+ goals this season. Works hard. And one the citizen award (not sure the actual name of it) in Vegas this year. He's doing quite well.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:51 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Fisher is fitting in nicely. I wish we had a better center so he could drop down to the second line, but he is doing the job he is asked to do every night.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 325
Fisher is pretty much the most perfect person on the planet from all I can gather. In all seriousness he's been fantastic for us. Like TMI said above, I wish we could get a first line center so Fish Daddy could be bumped down to a more natural second liner role, but whatever the case, he's handled his role very well. Last year he actually was only 1 goal and 2 points shy of career highs, while playing in 7 less games than the season he set the marks in.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:25 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

He had a few games where he got caught loafing on defense, but he scored timely goal after timely goal and worked his ass off in April and May. Very satisfied with him overall.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:29 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Thanks for the responses folks! Glad to hear that he's fitting in so nicely and playing so well for you guys. Has he been active in charity work in the community like he was in Ottawa?

Old
08-07-2012, 08:42 AM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Thanks for the responses folks! Glad to hear that he's fitting in so nicely and playing so well for you guys. Has he been active in charity work in the community like he was in Ottawa?
Yes...he is all about charity work here in Nashville. The city has welcomed him with open arms and almost every woman in Nashville just loves Mike Fisher. My wife even has his jersey.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:57 AM
ilikeblocks

He's arguably the most popular/best known predator in town. Hopefully he's a pred for life - he's already established amazing roots in the community.

Nashville's kind of like a small town/big town mix of a Canadian city though.

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:31 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
Yes...he is all about charity work here in Nashville. The city has welcomed him with open arms and almost every woman in Nashville just loves Mike Fisher. My wife even has his jersey.
Yeah, I'm not really surprised. He's always been very selfless and giving with his time. As for the ladies, not surprised there either. I think every female in Ottawa from the age of 3 to 103 had their heart break when the trade was made. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
He's arguably the most popular/best known predator in town. Hopefully he's a pred for life - he's already established amazing roots in the community.

Nashville's kind of like a small town/big town mix of a Canadian city though.
Sorry, just had to say that, out of context, that has a very different meaning.

Old
08-07-2012, 01:29 PM
ilikeblocks

Quote:

Sorry, just had to say that, out of context, that has a very different meaning.
So true . Goes right up there with my "Sexual Predators" chant I like to pull out when we're winning by a few goals.

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 06:09 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not really surprised. He's always been very selfless and giving with his time. As for the ladies, not surprised there either. I think every female in Ottawa from the age of 3 to 103 had their heart break when the trade was made. LOL

I believe it. Last year a group of girls from Petersborough in their younger 20's I'd say all came down to a Preds game with a big poster showing their love for Fisher.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
I'm doing very well. Thanks for asking!

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:16 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I believe it. Last year a group of girls from Petersborough in their younger 20's I'd say all came down to a Preds game with a big poster showing their love for Fisher.
Some guys have all the luck. Good looking, rich, plays hockey for a living, famous, lusted over by girls worldwide, and Carrie Underwood. He must have been set on fire by his momma in a previous life to build up all that bad karma to offset all the good he gets now. LOL But really, ya gotta love Fish.

Has he learned to not shoot for the chest all the time now? (I'll let you fill in the blanks about how Sens fans ran with that joke after he hooked up with Carrie).

Last edited by TMI: 08-08-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: no
Old
08-08-2012, 04:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Guys, let's leave the sexual references to Carrie Underwood out of this thread. They are married. I think everyone knows what married couples do (sometimes. rarely, in many cases )

Old
08-11-2012, 12:01 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

In case anyone has a problem with my warning, it isn't just me killing the fun because I have no sense of humor. It's clearly written in the site rules that sexually-oriented discussions are prohibited.

Quote:
4) Offensive Posts, Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material. This includes "Victim Pictures" of people and animals after they have been through some form of bodily trauma, "Goatse" - Photographic picture featuring the rear end of anatomy, "Tubgirl" - Photographic picture featuring creative uses of anatomy and liquids, and pedophilic jokes (ones about having sex with children). Nude and semi-nude images are not to be posted here. That includes your avatar. These are not "Babe" forums for displaying content that belongs in swimsuit calendars or lingerie catalogues.
Do not circumvent the obscenity filter by using numbers or characters such as ! or $. A word's exclusion from the obscenity filter does not mean its usage is endorsed. If it's offensive, don't use it.
We have members from different countries, religions, and cultural backgrounds. Even if you express a point of view that is very popular in your culture, it may generate a negative reaction from members in another part of the world so please exercise tact.
We allow children as young as 13 to post on this forum. There is no reason we should allow that kind of conversation for children to read.

Old
08-11-2012, 06:19 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

i appologise for any tears caused.

treat him well. Giving him up still hurts.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i appologise for any tears caused.

treat him well. Giving him up still hurts.
Danishh, thanks for posting that. Never easy to hear about kids passing too soon, but good to see that both Elgin and Mike made each other a little bit better.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote