HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL fans....also NHL fans?

Old
05-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
There is your problem. The Leafs are the perennial loosers of the NHL Switch to the Caps or NJ
Switched a long time ago, but I follow them casually- mostly Ovi and Syomin, and they've been in the doghouse for a bit. Not much fun there. And when they're not on the ice, there is little that's interesting to me. I don't really care if Caps win or lose.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:12 PM
eskies4life

vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I have a big problem with NHL´s trade policy (including CHL, AHL). NHL (CHL, AHL) gets best europeans for funny money or nothing. If NHL (CHL, AHL) pay market value for best players I would have no problem with NHL. Euro club wants 10 milions dollars for player? Of course, NHL club pays it.
We have a big problem with teams from the KHL steeling players under contract like Radulov.... but we get over it because it happens....In all honesty CHL teams dont offer the players anything except a place to live and money for day to day life... They could be making a lot more if they stayed over seas.... The only thing I have a problem with is stealing players under contract like Tatar... Other wise they are fair to sign where ever they want

But I think there will be some kind of agreement worked out between the NHL and KHL this offseason because the CBA is set to expire..

Last edited by eskies4life: 05-20-2012 at 06:17 PM.
eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Coramoor

Quote:
no, I just want free market, not monopol of NHL. It works in soccer, why not in hockey?
it doesn't work in soccer, not a single top flight soccer league is remotely balanced

Coramoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Dontthink

I look KHL games mostly and mabye 8-10 games of NHL per season. Watch matches in 4 am? Sorry, not interesting.

Dontthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:49 AM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontthink View Post
I look KHL games mostly and mabye 8-10 games of NHL per season. Watch matches in 4 am? Sorry, not interesting.
I guess that's what an average NA hockey fan would say too. The time difference is a big factor.

As for me, I have always liked NHL more, but it's starting to fade and the only tournaments that really get me pumped up are the international tournaments

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Dontthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
and the only tournaments that really get me pumped up are the international tournaments
Yes! I still remember how lived 2 weeks on Canadian time (being here in Moscow) 4 years ago because of World Championship. That was really hard especially on second week of tournament. It was amazing at final, yes, but hard. We all deserved that victory in 2008

Dontthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:09 PM
WiscMNwildfan

Time difference and access to watching hockey games make a big difference. Since I live in the U.S. I follow the NHL but I have watched some KHL games when I have to the time to follow some of the former Minnesota players in the KHL (Martin Skoula e.g.). This year I watched the Gagarin Cup and I enjoyed it.

WiscMNwildfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Vicente

I like both leagues but I am following the KHL more and more. I am European and prefer the Russian style of play and that there are so many European players in the league (less fighting, more technique).

Off course also time plays a big role. It's nicer to see games at 5PM instead of 4AM !

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Omark

Well, can't say I'm a NHL fan but I've watched finals every year, yes, in 3am...

Hopefully KHL top teams will play games against NHL teams in future too. SKA - Carolina was the best game since olympics.

Omark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 08:32 AM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omark View Post
SKA - Carolina was the best game since olympics.
That was one of the best games in a long long time. Skill and lots of passion.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

I a Russian who live in the US (Columbus, OH)....I am primarily an NHL fan (GO BRUINS GO!!!). But I also follow the KHL as well. I was a Severstal fan....but then they pulled that idiotic **** and fired my boy, Kvartalnov (huge fan) right when the playoffs started.....I guess now I will have to root for Sibir.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:13 AM
junaidhussain
Rookie User

I've only recently gotten into the NHL 1 year to be exact, going to watch the KHL this year and write about it! a lot of these teams have so much history

junaidhussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Atas2000

For me there can only be one team I can really support. So I'm following my home team in Kazan. But I watch nearly the same amount of NHL games as KHL games cheering for russian players.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:48 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
What do you mean? KHL pays for drafted kids to russian schools?? Yes, it is less than NHL does to european clubs (I have no idea if NHL pays to CHL clubs). Can you see it?? You have 3 systems of hockey - NA (Canada, USA), Russia, Europe. I dont carre how much money NHL pays to CHL clubs for Canadians/Americans. It it their problem, their system. The same about KHL pays to russian clubs. BUT another story is if NHL/KHL club drafts Europeans (or NHL club drafts Russian and vice versa). NHL pays for drafted and signed Europeans funny money, no free market but amount which NHL wants. It is not good to pay the same money for Superstar and gringer. but it is advantageous for NHL (get more kids for less money). Reason? NHL monopol. KHL pays for players from Europe if under contract. THAT IS FREE MARKET.
That is true .KHL pays a ton of money for the loans of Weihandel and Mårtensson from SEL club Linköping
The money they got from CKA St.Peterburg,was huge part of LHC¨s budget

Last edited by fredrikstad: 07-08-2012 at 08:00 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:57 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
That was one of the best games in a long long time. Skill and lots of passion.
When and where was that happen? And what was the results? Did both teams ice there best skaters?
Are there some videos from it?

Never mind. Found it on you-tube. Epic.
That Carolina coach,was that Paul Maurice,the dud thats gonna coach Metallurg Magnitogorsk coming season?

Last edited by fredrikstad: 07-08-2012 at 08:23 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:39 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
When and where was that happen? And what was the results? Did both teams ice there best skaters?
Are there some videos from it?

Never mind. Found it on you-tube. Epic.
That Carolina coach,was that Paul Maurice,the dud thats gonna coach Metallurg Magnitogorsk coming season?
IMO yes

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:55 AM
junaidhussain
Rookie User

I was wondering where the best source to get latest news on the KHL? anything would do blogs etc. Thanks

junaidhussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:29 AM
QnebO

I watch NHL because I dont see quality KHL broadcasts on TV. NHL is cooler also, and got the best finnish players. But KHL has some potentional, they play prime time, NHL plays horrible time in the middle of the night or morning. You know that youre one of the HC hockey fans, when you fail your university studies because staying up all nights and sleeping days for NHL hockey, and youre fine with it.

I probably will follow my team in NHL and Finnish league in the future too, but will start to watch more and more random KHL matches and follow the finnish players there.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:36 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
I'm an NHL fan, but in my opinion the NHL has been doing stuff that is bad for the game.

I would love to see a NHL expansion to Europe (possibly a merger with the 64 team KHL that was talked about). However, I would like to see more of what Europe has been doing in it

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 03:04 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
I watch NHL because I dont see quality KHL broadcasts on TV. NHL is cooler also, and got the best finnish players. But KHL has some potentional, they play prime time, NHL plays horrible time in the middle of the night or morning. You know that youre one of the HC hockey fans, when you fail your university studies because staying up all nights and sleeping days for NHL hockey, and youre fine with it.

I probably will follow my team in NHL and Finnish league in the future too, but will start to watch more and more random KHL matches and follow the finnish players there.
Broadcast quality is beeing worked and Omsk is already gonna have HD broadcast for the next season,so yeah its improving.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Follow both leagues, mostly Dinamo Riga and Caps games. As was said by the majority of posters, time is a big issue, so I'm left with the few WSH matches that are played at noon plus download additional 1-2 games per month from trackers. Due to other activities it's completely impossible for me to watch all 82+54 meetings. Of course, play-off runs are a different matter, my conscience won't allow me to miss any postseason action

Quote:

I can live with the quality of KHL broadcasts, mainly because I don't have to watch a lot of them, Arena Riga is close to my home

Last edited by Helpoing: 07-17-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:

And now you can't see them even if you had the money. Swedish Viasat opted to focus on Allsvenskan and the rights are too expensive for Nelonen by themselves. MTV3 already have the national team and enough other sports. Aka, there's minimal interest towards the KHL from the Finnish networks.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote