HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Meszaros: Achilles tendon surgery (Aug. 7); Nov. 13 update, post #260

Old
08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
Michal Rozsival
6'2' / 210 lbs / age 33

"Phoenix GM said that Michal Rozsival is on crutches, but there doesn't appear to be any stuctural damage to his knee. Rozsival wasn't able to put any weight on it after his knee collided with Dustin Brown's in overtime during Game 5 on Tuesday night. He left the ice with assistance and the Kings scored the game-winning goal the next shift to eliminate the Coyotes from postseason play." - Rotoworld May 24

Carlo Colaiacovo
6'1' / 195 lbs / age 29

"It appears as though the Blues won't retain the services of soon-to-be unrestricted free agent Carlo Colaiacovo.
St. Louis GM Doug Armstrong wants to add one defenseman to his top four going into next season and Ian Cole is slated to make the jump to the NHL. Colaiacovo registered 19 points, 73 hits and 81 blocked shots in 64 games this past season. He has now regressed for a second straight year after earning 32 points in 2009-10." -Rotoworld Jun 21

Kurt Sauer
6'4' / 225 lbs / age 31

"Sauer has been out since the season opener and he was suffering from headaches. "It's been a little too long already ... You always have to keep putting a day out there for yourself, so I'm hoping a week to 10 days," Sauer said about his potential return to the lineup. "That's what I'm hoping for because I've been on the ice two times in a row, and as long as there's not setbacks, I should be able keep going and get better and better and get more and more in shape." Sauer is a very good rearguard in real hockey but has little value in fantasy hockey." - Rotoworld Nov, 2009

Chris Campoli
6'0' / 190 lbs / age 28

"Chris Campoli was a healthy scratch for the Canadiens on Sunday and there are trade rumors circulating him going into Monday's trade deadline. The defenseman has registered six points and a minus-4 rating in 24 games this campaign, while averaging 15:19 of ice time." - Rotoworld Feb 27

Milan Jurcina
6'4' / 233 lbs / age 29

"Milan Jurcina logged 19:45 minutes in his return from a lacerated elbow on Thursday. Jurcina had four shots on goal, six blocked shots, and two hits in his return. He missed two games due to the ailment." - Rotoworld Feb 10

Radek Martinek
6'2' / 210 lbs / age 35

"Radek Martinek will not return this season because of post-concussion symptoms. The club made the announcement on Thursday night. Martinek has been sidelined since Oct. 21 and thought he would be able to return at some point, but coach Todd Richards said the defenseman suffered a setback. "It's a big blow, obviously, for our team," Richards said. "But your concern, first and foremost, is his health and his functioning as a person. The doctors felt it was in his best interest health-wise to not play again this year." - Rotoworld Jan 20

Brett Clark
6'0' / 195 lbs / age 35

"Brett Clark enters Thursday's action second in the NHL with 186 blocked shots this season. "You know it's going to hurt," he said. "But you still have to stick your neck out for the team. That's what the whole job is." Clark has been dealing with an ankle issue from pucks hitting him and is sporting a swollen bursa that is larger than a golf ball. Unfortunately that category is his only real fantasy value, as he has 14 points and a minus-25 rating this season." - Rotoworld Mar 29

Scott Hannan
6'1' / 225 lbs / age 33

"Scott Hannan (upper body) was activated from the IL on Tuesday January 17. Hannan missed four straight games due to the ailment. He blocked a shot and registered a hit in 20:19 minutes of playing time Tuesday." - Rotoworld Jan 18

Kent Huskins
6'2' / 205 lbs / age 33

"Kent Huskins isn't expected to be re-signed by St. Louis prior to July 1. It looks like he will be permitted to test the waters as an unrestricted free agent. Huskins skated in 25 games with the Blues in 2011-12, while posting seven points and a plus-9 rating." - Rotoworld Jun 21

Colin White
6'4' / 220 lbs / age 34

"Colin White was activated from the IL on Thursday January 19. He returned to San Jose's lineup for the first time since Dec. 26 because of a lower-body injury. White recorded one shot and a minus-1 rating during his 15:20 of ice time." - Rotoworld Jan 20

Mike Mottau
6'0' / 190 lbs / age 34

"Mike Mottau is expected to be available as a unrestricted free agent on July 1. The Boston Bruins are not projected to sign him to another contract before then. Mottau had two assists and a minus-11 rating in 35 games with Boston and the New York Islanders in 2011-12. He doesn't have any fantasy value." - Rotoworld Jun 12

Bell, Brendan
6'1' / 205 lbs / age 29

"The Rangers assign defenseman Brandon Bell to Connecticut of the AHL. As a spare-part defenseman, Bell has already been up and down a couple of times in the opening month. He only played one game with the parent club, which was Saturday at Edmonton. The 28-year-old is 7-21-28 in 102 games with Toronto, Phoenix, Ottawa and the Rangers." - Rotoworld Oct 2011

David Liffiton (63rd overall, 2003)
6'2' / 210 lbs / age 27
"The Colorado Avalanche have sent David Liffiton down to AHL Lake Erie. Liffiton helped the Avalanche out while a number of their veteran defensemen were sidelined. However, with Adam Foote back and the recent acquisition of Ryan O'Byrne, the Avalanche could afford to return some of their less experienced blueliners to the minors. Liffiton had one goal and 17 penalty minutes in four games." - Rotoworld Nov 2010

Scott Jackson (37th overall, 2005)
6'4' / 229 lbs / age 25
"Scott Jackson has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Jackson had five points and 47 penalty minutes in 68 AHL games last season. He will probably start the 2011-12 season in the minors." - Rotoworld Jul 2011
ow@ that list.
I really can see Holmgren signing the big dumb red retard Colin White tho.
the chances of Holmgren doing something stupid just went up. by a lot. This organization doesnt trust its young defenseman.
Lilja and Gervais playing every night?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:33 PM
AlexanderMogilny89

Buffalo has a lot of defenseman.

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:35 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

Much like Suter/Parise, I'm expecting stuff to get done if/when Shane Doan makes up his mind. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this team struggled to make the playoffs.

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:44 PM
GTopCheese

Now awaiting on the 5 year 30-35m OS for Subban

GTopCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 View Post
Buffalo has a lot of defenseman.
We're not good trading partners, at least IMO.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
We're not good trading partners, at least IMO.
Nick Cousins+2nd+4th for Brayden McNabb!!

Give them all our 2nd rounders for the next 5 years if they want!

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
MsWoof

I bet Randy Jones is brought back.

Poile must be pissing himself laughing. Wonder who he has a voodoo doll of now?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I had said that Mez and Schenn would be crucial this year. This makes Schenn even more important.

Time to give Couturier the Howe treatment?

08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post

Poile's got his own **** to worry about but thanks.

TheLegendkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post

That bridge is burnt down, I don't even think he would want to come back here lol.

Poile won't be laughing when his team is having trouble affording to stay afloat with the money owed to Weber. I really don't think Nashville is a playoff team this year. Just a gut feeling but I think they just barely make the 8th seed or miss the playoffs.

Old
08-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Poile's got his own **** to worry about but thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
That bridge is burnt down, I don't even think he would want to come back here lol.

Poile won't be laughing when his team is having trouble affording to stay afloat with the money owed to Weber. I really don't think Nashville is a playoff team this year. Just a gut feeling but I think they just barely make the 8th seed or miss the playoffs.
This and this. Poile ain't laughing at anyone right now.

I still think we have an extremely respectable defensive corps.

Timonen - Gustaffson
Coburn - Grossman
Schenn - Gervais/MAB

It's not the worst in the world.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Time to make a move.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
This and this. Poile ain't laughing at anyone right now.

I still think we have an extremely respectable defensive corps.

Timonen - Gustaffson
Coburn - Grossman
Schenn - Gervais/MAB

It's not the worst in the world.

I see this actually

Timonen-Coburn
Schenn-Grossman
Lilja-Gervais

Gus
I hope I am wrong, but this organization has shown a bad history of having little patience for young defenseman. They would rather let ****** vets clog up the bottom pairing then let the young youngs play.

Old
08-07-2012, 01:14 PM
MsWoof

Quote:

He doesn't have a job so why wouldn't he come back? The Flyers have a history of recycling players, so I expect it to happen.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:20 PM
FlyingHigh13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I see this actually

Timonen-Coburn
Schenn-Grossman
Lilja-Gervais

Gus
I hope I am wrong, but this organization has shown a bad history of having little patience for young defenseman. They would rather let ****** vets clog up the bottom pairing then let the young youngs play.
This...is what is going to happen unless a drastic change in philosophy occurs, which will not happen.

FlyingHigh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:21 PM
SuchySays

wow.. unbelievable.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:23 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:

I heard Nashville hasnt even paid him his $13m signing bonus yet...

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:28 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
i also heard that league has appologized to the Pittsburgh organization because they wont be able to get Weber signed as a UFA next offseason

Old
08-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Amateur Hour

Just ****ing sign Michal Rozsival and let things fall where they may.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Just ****ing sign Michal Rozsival and let things fall where they may.
There might be a reason he hasn't signed yet. He was injured in the playoffs last year, I think it was knee, but something keeps telling me it was the head. I am almost positive he took a knee to knee and had to be helped off the ice. He might not be fully recovered from that injury and teams are afraid to offer a contract to him.

Last edited by Prongo: 08-07-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old
08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Well he hasn't worked in a NTC/NMC yet either....that would be the biggest irony if we were forced to make a deal with Nashville afterall and fork over Couts, Schenn and god know what else since Poile has most of the leverage back again and would be looking for payback...ugh. Doubt it happens but ...

Anyway...we had questions marks with who would be consistent in generating shots from the point even with Mesz who had the best shot of all the D men after Prongs. Timonen is now the only threat back there with even getting a shot on net. Coburn again will have to step it up even more in Mesz's absence shot wise and Carle's absence puck carrying. Our only hope is that L Schenn has a massive breakthrough year and one of MAB, Gus or Manning becomes solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Krishna

Andrej Salo

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:43 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I see this actually

Timonen-Coburn
Schenn-Grossman
Lilja-Gervais

Gus
I HOPE for:

Grossmann - Coburn
Timonen - Schenn
Gus/Manning - MAB/Gus/Gervais
Lilja/Gervais

But I completely agree with the needed change in philosophy.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I HOPE for:

Grossmann - Coburn
Timonen - Schenn
Gus/Manning - MAB/Gus/Gervais
Lilja/Gervais

But I completely agree with the needed change in philosophy.
I HOPE for :

Pronger - Gus
Coburn - Grossmann
Timonen - Schenn

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
There might be a reason he hasn't signed yet. He was injured in the playoffs last year, I think it was knee, but something keeps telling me it was the head. I am almost positive he took a knee to knee and had to be helped off the ice. He might not be fully recovered from that injury and teams are afraid to offer a contract to him.
Knee-on-knee hit by Dustin Brown seconds before Penner's goal to win the WCF. It looked really bad when it happened, but after the game it was reported to be just a deep bruise and there was no structural damage. Not sure of what's been reported since, however.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote