HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Stewart to Philly

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown09 View Post
STL would be wanting a top 4 LD. We are in a "win now" situation and although Wellwood and Read are good prospects and did well last year. It would not improve our current roster moving Stewart for one of those two plus picks.

Coburn would be our target if Stewart was the main piece and I know PHI fans would not be happy with that. Stewart is still only 24 and hit 28 goals twice. I could see him being a consistent 30-40 goal guy in his prime with a center like Giroux. Meszaros would also be an option too.
I'm a Blues' fan, and even I think there's no way on God's green Earth that Philly trades Coburn for Stewart.

Meszaros and a pick, maybe... but Coburn? November Foxtrot Whiskey.

Old
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm a Blues' fan, and even I think there's no way on God's green Earth that Philly trades Coburn for Stewart.

Meszaros and a pick, maybe... but Coburn? November Foxtrot Whiskey.
Yeah I wouldn't trade Stewart for just Mez and a pick, but no way we get Coburn either

Old
08-06-2012, 09:32 PM
lancer247

Stewart for Meszaros is really good value for both teams. Meszaros has been a lock for 35 pts most of his career and he is just turning 26 y/o which when most dmen start to hit their prime years.

Meszaros is the safer pick because even if he doesn't improve he is a big (6"2' 225lbs), physical dman that can move the puck and has a cannon from the point but he can get lost in coverage at times. He would probably do well with Hitchcock similar to how Kim Johnsson stepped his game up under Hitch.

Stewart is a higher risk because he could become John LeClaire or Dustin Penner/Mark Bell.

Flyer can add a pick or Mid-level prospect like Wellwood who would probably be a Hitchcock favorite.

Flyers would need to hope Schenn reaches his potential and sign a journeyman in the meantime to fill out their D (Hannan, Roszival).

Old
08-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Oshie97

Mez and a pick is just not enough of an upgrade, would rather take my chances on the Stewart returning to a 30 goal scorer. He had one bad yr out of three in his career, very good chance that he is more of a 30 goal scorer than a 15 dont you think?

Old
08-07-2012, 06:22 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Stewart for Meszaros is really good value for both teams. Meszaros has been a lock for 35 pts most of his career and he is just turning 26 y/o which when most dmen start to hit their prime years.

Meszaros is the safer pick because even if he doesn't improve he is a big (6"2' 225lbs), physical dman that can move the puck and has a cannon from the point but he can get lost in coverage at times. He would probably do well with Hitchcock similar to how Kim Johnsson stepped his game up under Hitch.

Stewart is a higher risk because he could become John LeClaire or Dustin Penner/Mark Bell.

Flyer can add a pick or Mid-level prospect like Wellwood who would probably be a Hitchcock favorite.

Flyers would need to hope Schenn reaches his potential and sign a journeyman in the meantime to fill out their D (Hannan, Roszival).
I think Mezz and a pick is fair value. Stewart's value is low and I don't think he fits Hitch's system. The Flyers would have to make a follow up trade, say McBain for Read to make sure the blue line is good.

Old
08-07-2012, 08:03 AM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlethal08 View Post
It would be great to get Stewart on the Flyers. Especially for something like Read and a 2nd, but it won't happen. Stewart is a soon-to-be 25 year old power forward with 2 28-goal seasons already. Now he had a pretty bad year last year, and he honestly may not be a good fit in Hitchcock's system, but St. Louis is not going to sell him at his all-time low value without giving him the chance to rebound.
I wouldn't make this trade. Matt Read is just as good and is one of the fastest skaters in the league. I wouldn't want to lose the 2nd round pick. Wellwood and a 2nd I would do, but I doubt St. Louis does.

Maybe: Wellwood, Bourdon + 3rd

Old
08-07-2012, 08:07 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
I wouldn't make this trade. Matt Read is just as good and is one of the fastest skaters in the league. I wouldn't want to lose the 2nd round pick. Wellwood and a 2nd I would do, but I doubt St. Louis does.

Maybe: Wellwood, Bourdon + 3rd
How does that improve St. Louis next year?

Old
08-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Stewart and power should never be used in the same sentence. Yes, he can fight, but no, he doesn't play physical. He floats around the perimeter.
Yeah, there were times last season in which Stewart didn't look interested in going into the dirty areas, but he does it. He was out of shape last season and he lost a lot of battles because of it. But he is physical player and he is a powerforward.

His goals coming from in front of the goalie to the hashmarks for the most part. Unless he's scoring on a slapshot coming down the wing or his saucy backhander, he's scoring from within 10 feet in front of the net.

Old
08-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

I would like to say, on behalf of Blues fans: While we appreciate Philadelphia attempting to improve both teams, at this point we do not wish to trade Stewart if Meszaros is the primary piece coming back for relatively obvious reasons.

On a personal note there is no way I would trade Stewart if Read was the centerpiece either. That trade is only made if he Blues are absolutely sure Stewart will not regain his previous scoring capacity on the Blues and they cannot find a better deal.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:04 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
Seems like pretty fair value. Blues fans will want to realize the Meszaros paired with a good defenseman plays quite well. It is when he is supposed to be the lead guy in the pairing that he falters. Seems like a great candidate to play alongside Pietrangelo.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:24 AM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Yeah I wouldn't trade Stewart for just Mez and a pick, but no way we get Coburn either
This is how I feel as well, Id rather just keep Stewart and hope he regains his form, he has only had one bad season.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

Can't trade for Meszaros now, anyway, so I don't think Philly and STL make good trading partners.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:58 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Can't trade for Meszaros now, anyway, so I don't think Philly and STL make good trading partners.
For sure. For those not in the know, Mezaros has a severed Achilles tendon, probably out for the year at least.

Old
08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Who wouldn't want Chris Stewart he's one of the best power forwards in the league, I don't care if he had a bad season last year I would love him on the pens.

Old
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
ExJbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Yeah, there were times last season in which Stewart didn't look interested in going into the dirty areas, but he does it. He was out of shape last season and he lost a lot of battles because of it. But he is physical player and he is a powerforward.

His goals coming from in front of the goalie to the hashmarks for the most part. Unless he's scoring on a slapshot coming down the wing or his saucy backhander, he's scoring from within 10 feet in front of the net.
Couldnt agree more. Its pretty amazing how much hate he gets for a down year. All the haters are going to jump back on the bandwagon next season.

Closed Thread