HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Meszaros: Achilles tendon surgery (Aug. 7); Nov. 13 update, post #260

Old
08-07-2012, 02:31 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

vCash: 500
Bad break for Meszaros good chance for a guy like Manning to make the jump but i dont think homer sits he will do something to help out the D.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:33 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

If you make a move to improve the D homer please dont panic and trade any of the young guys..

Old
08-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Probably because thy are unsure about his knee from the knee on knee with Brown this year
He didn't have a knee injury. It was a thigh bruise.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:40 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
I guess we'll have to go on Colaiacovo or/and Roszival. Or a trade, but I wouldn't like to trade players...

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dats81

Bourdon has reportedly been experiencing PCS until about the end of June. Until he can work out properly again and finally take some game action and being hit without experiencing a set back, he is more or less damaged good.
Bourdon has been a pleasant surprise last season showing a lot of promise but they can't really count on him right now.There is a reason why he hasn't signed an extension so far and may not be offered more than one more year when it actually happens. Rightfully so.

If Homer does not trust Gustafsson at this point and he doesn't think that either Manning or Lauridson can step up right now, he will bring in another Veteran before camp or even invite some unsigned FA on a tryout.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Panaccio reports that Steve Eminger has a stall at Flyers camp. WHY GOD. WHY!?

08-07-2012, 02:49 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Eminger was skating on his own nothing to do with the flyers..

Old
08-07-2012, 02:50 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
i agree that we should let MAB/Gus/Manning try to establish themselves to start and if it isn't working then we can make a move in season.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

He hasn't been signed, So i guess it's a try out. Not a terrible thing.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
FLYguy3911

If we just took Subban instead of Keving F'in Marshall we'd be in good shape right now.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:54 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Bourdon has reportedly been experiencing PCS until about the end of June. Until he can work out properly again and finally take some game action and being hit without experiencing a set back, he is more or less damaged good.
Bourdon has been a pleasant surprise last season showing a lot of promise but they can't really count on him right now.There is a reason why he hasn't signed an extension so far and may not be offered more than one more year when it actually happens. Rightfully so.

If Homer does not trust Gustafsson at this point and he doesn't think that either Manning or Lauridson can step up right now, he will bring in another Veteran before camp or even invite some unsigned FA on a tryout.
Yup..nice way of putting it. MAB is too much of an outlier to be relied upon right now to help fill the void. This is why Tocchet's characterization of the Flyers having a serviceable D is valid and moreso now with Mesz whose health was already a question mark b/c of his back. Right now our D all around apart from the likes of Coburn has too many health questions. Carle took a lot of abuse..some warranted but the dude played a lot of games. Even Grossman is suspect IMO although others disagree...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:57 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I'll tell you why..because of ridiculous bad luck on D with injuries and b/c we traded a number 1 pick (Carlson) for him... just bad kharma

Old
08-07-2012, 03:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Yup..nice way of putting it. MAB is too much of an outlier to be relied upon right now to help fill the void. This is why Tocchet's characterization of the Flyers having a serviceable D is valid and moreso now with Mesz whose health was already a question mark b/c of his back. Right now our D all around apart from the likes of Coburn has too many health questions. Carle took a lot of abuse..some warranted but the dude played a lot of games. Even Grossman is suspect IMO although others disagree...
Ya gonna disagree with grossmann. He was hands down the teams best defender till his knee got really messed up.

I cant see homer givin the kids a chance. He isnt the type of gm that allows rookie defenseman to play alot. Its either we will sign another 6/7 or homer will overpay.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I think the Flyers should just go with what they have and hope for the best. Any trade to help will require overpayment and will hurt the team in other areas. Injuries like this cannot be anticipated. Bring up the young guys and see what they have and hope for the playoffs, but the Flyers should NOT PANIC. The team does not have a good chance to win the Cup, they shouldn't try to give away the future for a chance at finishing in the top 4 in the conference.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ya gonna disagree with grossmann. He was hands down the teams best defender till his knee got really messed up.

I cant see homer givin the kids a chance. He isnt the type of gm that allows rookie defenseman to play alot. Its either we will sign another 6/7 or homer will overpay.
My money is on 6/7. Homer has shown that he doesn't like overpaying in reactionary panic trades.

achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
If we just took Subban instead of Keving F'in Marshall we'd be in good shape right now.
Or drafted Carlson instead of trading for Eminger, or not traded for Versteeg, or not traded 4 first rounders for Chris Pronger....

We have had our fun. Its time to sit and feel the pain and rebuild...no more chasing players with picks.

Sign a UFA to a short reasonable price and be done with it.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Timonen is a great defenseman, but he's aging and can't play top minutes anymore, he will worn out before the end of the season if he does. Coburn is pretty good. Grossmann impressed, but he's not a top pairing guy, and he had injuries last year, let's hope it's not reccurent. Schenn is a question mark, but can play in the NHL for sure.

That's our "NHL regulars" on D. I like the idea of giving the kids a chance to step up, I like Gus, Bourdon, Manning... but these guys are serviceable at best. None of them has the potential to become a top pairing guy. Right now, we really need someone with some experience to take some big minutes.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
2minutes4slashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The crowd at the Garden isn't necessarily known for its player evaluating acumen. And this is coming from a Rangers fan.

The hate really started with his refusal to shoot the puck on the PP. It was maddening. It kind of spiraled out of control from there. That he was somewhat overpaid didn't help. Still, his play was adequate (at worst).

If I knew he was healthy, I'd gladly welcome him back. The treatment he received at the end of his tenure in New York was baffling...and reprehensible.
I'm thinkin the NY Fans know just a bit more about the game then the Yotes fans though but hey to each their own.

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

My doubts about Grossmann have nothing to do with his capabilities..it's the way he plays the game physically which I love that will most likely mean it will be difficult for him to avoid injuries..especially the way he's targeted by opposing players b/c he gets under their skin.

Old
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minutes4slashing View Post
I'm thinkin the NY Fans know just a bit more about the game then the Yotes fans though but hey to each their own.
You've never sat in the 400's at MSG before. And this is coming from a Rangers fan. We have plenty of great knowledgeable fans, but we also have more than our share of loudmouthed idiots.

I'll let you guess who is more vocal when it comes to booing players for little or no reason.

This holds true for most sports in most cities.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:07 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Earlier today I was wondering why there was a big deal about D-men and saw something about Mez, was confused until I saw this... ****ing **** balls of ****terton.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
2minutes4slashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
You've never sat in the 400's at MSG before. And this is coming from a Rangers fan. We have plenty of great knowledgeable fans, but we also have more than our share of loudmouthed idiots.

I'll let you guess who is more vocal when it comes to booing players for little or no reason.

This holds true for most sports in most cities.
Rozival would get booed right out of Philly as well

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:13 PM
SolidSnakeUS

If we don't get anyone else, do you think this means that Gus, MAB and Manning will probably be getting a lot of time this season?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:29 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If we don't get anyone else, do you think this means that Gus, MAB and Manning will probably be getting a lot of time this season?
Lilja

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:38 PM
cheesesteak

Couts knows we're screwed he's already practicing for the postseason.

Now let's judge his offseason progression from this photo?

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote