HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Meszaros: Achilles tendon surgery (Aug. 7); Nov. 13 update, post #260

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2012, 02:31 PM
  #151
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Bad break for Meszaros good chance for a guy like Manning to make the jump but i dont think homer sits he will do something to help out the D.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:33 PM
  #152
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
If you make a move to improve the D homer please dont panic and trade any of the young guys..

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:35 PM
  #153
Thrice
Coyote Killer
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Probably because thy are unsure about his knee from the knee on knee with Brown this year
He didn't have a knee injury. It was a thigh bruise.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:40 PM
  #154
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 100
I guess we'll have to go on Colaiacovo or/and Roszival. Or a trade, but I wouldn't like to trade players...

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:40 PM
  #155
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,085
vCash: 500
Bourdon has reportedly been experiencing PCS until about the end of June. Until he can work out properly again and finally take some game action and being hit without experiencing a set back, he is more or less damaged good.
Bourdon has been a pleasant surprise last season showing a lot of promise but they can't really count on him right now.There is a reason why he hasn't signed an extension so far and may not be offered more than one more year when it actually happens. Rightfully so.

If Homer does not trust Gustafsson at this point and he doesn't think that either Manning or Lauridson can step up right now, he will bring in another Veteran before camp or even invite some unsigned FA on a tryout.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:40 PM
  #156
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 50
Panaccio reports that Steve Eminger has a stall at Flyers camp. WHY GOD. WHY!?

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:49 PM
  #157
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Panaccio reports that Steve Eminger has a stall at Flyers camp. WHY GOD. WHY!?
Eminger was skating on his own nothing to do with the flyers..

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:50 PM
  #158
4thline4life
The Mased God
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n philly
Posts: 2,222
vCash: 50
i agree that we should let MAB/Gus/Manning try to establish themselves to start and if it isn't working then we can make a move in season.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
  #159
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
He hasn't been signed, So i guess it's a try out. Not a terrible thing.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
  #160
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
If we just took Subban instead of Keving F'in Marshall we'd be in good shape right now.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:54 PM
  #161
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Bourdon has reportedly been experiencing PCS until about the end of June. Until he can work out properly again and finally take some game action and being hit without experiencing a set back, he is more or less damaged good.
Bourdon has been a pleasant surprise last season showing a lot of promise but they can't really count on him right now.There is a reason why he hasn't signed an extension so far and may not be offered more than one more year when it actually happens. Rightfully so.

If Homer does not trust Gustafsson at this point and he doesn't think that either Manning or Lauridson can step up right now, he will bring in another Veteran before camp or even invite some unsigned FA on a tryout.
Yup..nice way of putting it. MAB is too much of an outlier to be relied upon right now to help fill the void. This is why Tocchet's characterization of the Flyers having a serviceable D is valid and moreso now with Mesz whose health was already a question mark b/c of his back. Right now our D all around apart from the likes of Coburn has too many health questions. Carle took a lot of abuse..some warranted but the dude played a lot of games. Even Grossman is suspect IMO although others disagree...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 02:57 PM
  #162
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Panaccio reports that Steve Eminger has a stall at Flyers camp. WHY GOD. WHY!?
I'll tell you why..because of ridiculous bad luck on D with injuries and b/c we traded a number 1 pick (Carlson) for him... just bad kharma

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:04 PM
  #163
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Yup..nice way of putting it. MAB is too much of an outlier to be relied upon right now to help fill the void. This is why Tocchet's characterization of the Flyers having a serviceable D is valid and moreso now with Mesz whose health was already a question mark b/c of his back. Right now our D all around apart from the likes of Coburn has too many health questions. Carle took a lot of abuse..some warranted but the dude played a lot of games. Even Grossman is suspect IMO although others disagree...
Ya gonna disagree with grossmann. He was hands down the teams best defender till his knee got really messed up.

I cant see homer givin the kids a chance. He isnt the type of gm that allows rookie defenseman to play alot. Its either we will sign another 6/7 or homer will overpay.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:06 PM
  #164
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
I think the Flyers should just go with what they have and hope for the best. Any trade to help will require overpayment and will hurt the team in other areas. Injuries like this cannot be anticipated. Bring up the young guys and see what they have and hope for the playoffs, but the Flyers should NOT PANIC. The team does not have a good chance to win the Cup, they shouldn't try to give away the future for a chance at finishing in the top 4 in the conference.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:06 PM
  #165
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,787
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ya gonna disagree with grossmann. He was hands down the teams best defender till his knee got really messed up.

I cant see homer givin the kids a chance. He isnt the type of gm that allows rookie defenseman to play alot. Its either we will sign another 6/7 or homer will overpay.
My money is on 6/7. Homer has shown that he doesn't like overpaying in reactionary panic trades.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:06 PM
  #166
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
If we just took Subban instead of Keving F'in Marshall we'd be in good shape right now.
Or drafted Carlson instead of trading for Eminger, or not traded for Versteeg, or not traded 4 first rounders for Chris Pronger....

We have had our fun. Its time to sit and feel the pain and rebuild...no more chasing players with picks.

Sign a UFA to a short reasonable price and be done with it.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
  #167
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 100
Timonen is a great defenseman, but he's aging and can't play top minutes anymore, he will worn out before the end of the season if he does. Coburn is pretty good. Grossmann impressed, but he's not a top pairing guy, and he had injuries last year, let's hope it's not reccurent. Schenn is a question mark, but can play in the NHL for sure.

That's our "NHL regulars" on D. I like the idea of giving the kids a chance to step up, I like Gus, Bourdon, Manning... but these guys are serviceable at best. None of them has the potential to become a top pairing guy. Right now, we really need someone with some experience to take some big minutes.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
  #168
2minutes4slashing
Registered User
 
2minutes4slashing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: niota, tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The crowd at the Garden isn't necessarily known for its player evaluating acumen. And this is coming from a Rangers fan.

The hate really started with his refusal to shoot the puck on the PP. It was maddening. It kind of spiraled out of control from there. That he was somewhat overpaid didn't help. Still, his play was adequate (at worst).

If I knew he was healthy, I'd gladly welcome him back. The treatment he received at the end of his tenure in New York was baffling...and reprehensible.
I'm thinkin the NY Fans know just a bit more about the game then the Yotes fans though but hey to each their own.

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:40 PM
  #169
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ya gonna disagree with grossmann. He was hands down the teams best defender till his knee got really messed up.

I cant see homer givin the kids a chance. He isnt the type of gm that allows rookie defenseman to play alot. Its either we will sign another 6/7 or homer will overpay.
My doubts about Grossmann have nothing to do with his capabilities..it's the way he plays the game physically which I love that will most likely mean it will be difficult for him to avoid injuries..especially the way he's targeted by opposing players b/c he gets under their skin.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
  #170
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin
 
Thordic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kearny, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,903
vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minutes4slashing View Post
I'm thinkin the NY Fans know just a bit more about the game then the Yotes fans though but hey to each their own.
You've never sat in the 400's at MSG before. And this is coming from a Rangers fan. We have plenty of great knowledgeable fans, but we also have more than our share of loudmouthed idiots.

I'll let you guess who is more vocal when it comes to booing players for little or no reason.

This holds true for most sports in most cities.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:07 PM
  #171
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,636
vCash: 500
Earlier today I was wondering why there was a big deal about D-men and saw something about Mez, was confused until I saw this... ****ing **** balls of ****terton.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
  #172
2minutes4slashing
Registered User
 
2minutes4slashing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: niota, tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
You've never sat in the 400's at MSG before. And this is coming from a Rangers fan. We have plenty of great knowledgeable fans, but we also have more than our share of loudmouthed idiots.

I'll let you guess who is more vocal when it comes to booing players for little or no reason.

This holds true for most sports in most cities.
Rozival would get booed right out of Philly as well

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:13 PM
  #173
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,636
vCash: 500
If we don't get anyone else, do you think this means that Gus, MAB and Manning will probably be getting a lot of time this season?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:29 PM
  #174
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If we don't get anyone else, do you think this means that Gus, MAB and Manning will probably be getting a lot of time this season?
Lilja

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:38 PM
  #175
cheesesteak
Registered User
 
cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Couts knows we're screwed he's already practicing for the postseason.




Now let's judge his offseason progression from this photo?

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.