HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins #11 prospect

View Poll Results: Who is our #11 prospect?
Kenneth Agostino (20, Yale/ECAC) 1 0.80%
Teddy Blueger (17, Shattuck St. Mary's/USHS) 24 19.20%
Nick D'Agostino (22, Cornell/ECAC) 6 4.80%
Ben Hanowski (21, St. Cloud State/WCHA) 18 14.40%
Tom Kühnhackl (20, Niagara IceDogs/OHL) 56 44.80%
Matia Marcantuoni (18, Kitchener Rangers/OHL) 11 8.80%
Dominik Uher (19, Spokane Chiefs/WHL) 5 4.00%
Keven Veilleux (23, Wilkes-Barre/AHL) 0 0%
Scott Wilson (20, UMass-Lowell/Hockey East) 1 0.80%
Matt Zatkoff (25, Manchester/AHL) 3 2.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Slabber Chops

vCash: 500
What? No gravy??

Why no love for Hanowski??

Slabber Chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Kovifan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post
Marcantuoni was looked at as a 1st rounder before injuries derailed him last season, so to me, he has the highest upside of anyone left. As someone mentioned about Kuhnhackl, Marcantuoni's game is such that, even if he doesn't hit his ceiling, should still be able to contribute at the NHL is a lesser role. I picked him.
This is why I voted for him. If he stays healthy he can contribute down the line most likely.

Kovifan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Milliardo

I really loved the Marcantuoni pick, I just have that Rico Fata feeling about him. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:22 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
I really loved the Marcantuoni pick, I just have that Rico Fata feeling about him. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.
I actually do too. I wouldn't regret the pick at all, but the question marks around him are big. Injuries and hockey sense.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

I'm excited about Macaroni's, but I've noticed a lot of question marks too. I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but he seems to do everything off the rush and doesn't tend to crash the net a whole lot or get open in the slot to get a shot off much. But I'm sure missing large chunks of the last few season can put a hamper on all of that.

But he seems to have a great work ethic and the tools to succeed, so hopefully he can put them together. I'll be interested in seeing how Etem does in the higher leagues, because he sounds like a pretty similar player with the same kind of issues.

Hans Rutherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Mr. T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
But he seems to have a great work ethic and the tools to succeed, so hopefully he can put them together. I'll be interested in seeing how Etem does in the higher leagues, because he sounds like a pretty similar player with the same kind of issues.
My viewings of Macaroni are limited to Youtube, but from what I can see, he and Etem aren't really that similar. Both are really dynamic skaters, but that's it. The "Etem lacks hockey sense" meme pops up here periodically (often in Beau Bennett discussions) but it's greatly exaggerated. Guy needs to work on his defense, not his creativity, playmaking etc.

Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:13 AM
wej20

Here's Brock at OHL Prospects views on Marcantuoni

Quote:
Matia Marcantuoni - Kitchener Rangers
Definitely worth the gamble in the 4th round IMO. A lot of talent, but also a ton of questions. Firstly, can he stay healthy? He's missed a lot of time during his short OHL career with a bevy of injuries (shoulder, concussion, ankle). More importantly, can he stay healthy while playing the type of game he needs to play to be successful? When he's at his best, Matia is a physical and high energy winger, but this past season he kind of shied away from that with all the injury problems he was having. Secondly, what type of offensive player can he truly become? He's got a ton of speed, and the puck skill to dangle, but the jury is out as to whether he has the natural instincts to be a terrific goal scorer. Basically, he needs to find a niche as an offensive player. The Rangers are going to be counting on him to provide consistent secondary scoring this year. He'll likely see time in all situations, so he's going to be put in a good position. If he stays healthy, I'd definitely expect a rebound year of 50-60 points.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Milliardo

I'm a bin fan of players with good hockey sense (offensive hockey sense) and normally, those are the players that play on the pp normally.

Speed is very valuable in today's NHL, so there's that. But hockey sense can't be taught, so I hope he can round out the rest of his game. The skills are there, but players without great hockey sense usually leave me wanting more. We'll see, he's in no hurry, he's a project and I hope he can stay healthy.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote