HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Financial Situation

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
  #251
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,563
vCash: 500
Competitive offer as in Minnesota pays him half of what we offered in 3 years. Probably more than that.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 05:41 PM
  #252
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Competitive offer as in Minnesota pays him half of what we offered in 3 years. Probably more than that.
ding ding ding

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 06:17 PM
  #253
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Well, that doesn't sound promising. I just hope this gets resolved before the season in a way that doesn't hinder the on-ice product.

Saugus is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 01:32 AM
  #254
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,567
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Man this really stinks

I hope Prokhorov buys the team and keeps them in the area

Edit: Very Smart post from the Mainboard .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
The team is not in jeopardy, but the ownership is. If he doesn't have enough money to pull it through, someone else with more money will recognize a bargain when the price falls low enough that a new owner can buy low and sell high. It takes money to make money.
This is what I expect to happen


Last edited by Devils Trap: 08-08-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Devils Trap is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 07:31 AM
  #255
devilsblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
1)Have we yet paid back the advance from the NHL?

2)Is getting another advance an option?

3)Are there any other big payments out there that need to be made aside from this $80 mil? If there answer is no here, and all JVB needs is another $20 mil, then I'd think he's in a pretty good position.

devilsblood is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 07:47 AM
  #256
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,563
vCash: 500
Why would we have to pay back the NHL for the advance for money due to NJ?

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 08:28 AM
  #257
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
1)Have we yet paid back the advance from the NHL?

2)Is getting another advance an option?

3)Are there any other big payments out there that need to be made aside from this $80 mil? If there answer is no here, and all JVB needs is another $20 mil, then I'd think he's in a pretty good position.
A advance is not a loan.

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 09:07 AM
  #258
Devils Unseen Hand
Registered User
 
Devils Unseen Hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ocean County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
This is where not offering a "Special" 3rd Jersey to Devils fans, stating that the profits would help the team with that $20 shortfall is hurting them. I feel us fans would buy them up to help out the franchise.

Devils Unseen Hand is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 09:45 AM
  #259
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
This is where not offering a "Special" 3rd Jersey to Devils fans, stating that the profits would help the team with that $20 shortfall is hurting them. I feel us fans would buy them up to help out the franchise.
the math:

$20,000,000 / $300 = about 70K

So selling 70,000 jerseys will have a total of $21M but they need profit totaling $20M.

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 09:47 AM
  #260
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,024
vCash: 500
Maybe a bake sale?

JimEIV is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 09:49 AM
  #261
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Fund raising time guys, get the players out there to sell some cookie dough door to door!

MadDog172430 is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 09:52 AM
  #262
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,024
vCash: 500
Maybe a couple of those Firehouse pancake breakfast or Fish Fries? How many Firehouses are there in New Jersey??? I'm sure 20 million could be raised...Or a walk-a-thon --- For some reason people like to walk to help causes...A walk-a-thon might do it.

JimEIV is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 09:55 AM
  #263
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,563
vCash: 500
take it out of players' pockets

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 10:31 AM
  #264
Devils Unseen Hand
Registered User
 
Devils Unseen Hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ocean County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
the math:

$20,000,000 / $300 = about 70K

So selling 70,000 jerseys will have a total of $21M but they need profit totaling $20M.

I'm not saying that it would their Cure-All for their problems. However, had they started selling them back during the playoffs, I would be almost certain that between the jerseys, sweatshirts & T-shirts of the 3rd alternate, they'd would be close enough to having all the monies needed at this time.

Again, poor marketing of the Devils is coming to haunt them. Many of you blow-hards mocked me when I said August 14th was going to be a dark day for the Devils "should" they not get their ducks in a row. We're less than a week away from that date with the Devils $$$ problems still a looming.

Devils Unseen Hand is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 10:35 AM
  #265
DEVILSEBO
Corners vs Cubes
 
DEVILSEBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
Maybe a couple of those Firehouse pancake breakfast or Fish Fries? How many Firehouses are there in New Jersey??? I'm sure 20 million could be raised...Or a walk-a-thon --- For some reason people like to walk to help causes...A walk-a-thon might do it.
How about a carwash featuring the Devils dancers? Ala Bad Teacher. Bring the boom box and the $1 bills and cha ching!!!!

DEVILSEBO is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 10:58 AM
  #266
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
I'm not saying that it would their Cure-All for their problems. However, had they started selling them back during the playoffs, I would be almost certain that between the jerseys, sweatshirts & T-shirts of the 3rd alternate, they'd would be close enough to having all the monies needed at this time.

Again, poor marketing of the Devils is coming to haunt them. Many of you blow-hards mocked me when I said August 14th was going to be a dark day for the Devils "should" they not get their ducks in a row. We're less than a week away from that date with the Devils $$$ problems still a looming.
You believe a third jersey is one of the big solutions to the problem

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:12 AM
  #267
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
I'm not saying that it would their Cure-All for their problems. However, had they started selling them back during the playoffs, I would be almost certain that between the jerseys, sweatshirts & T-shirts of the 3rd alternate, they'd would be close enough to having all the monies needed at this time.

Again, poor marketing of the Devils is coming to haunt them. Many of you blow-hards mocked me when I said August 14th was going to be a dark day for the Devils "should" they not get their ducks in a row. We're less than a week away from that date with the Devils $$$ problems still a looming.
I wasn't mocking you with my fund raising ideas...honestly. I was just fooling around.

But on the subject of blow-hards, if you're going to blow at all, shouldn't it be hard? I mean who has even heard of a blow-lite...no one wants that.

JimEIV is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:29 AM
  #268
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,979
vCash: 500
We have a third jersey already, people that want to buy the green and red jerseys can, one way or another.

And why would it be a dark day if VBK went under? If he's really broke we should be happy when the process of getting a new owner can finally start. It's not as if VBK going under = team moving. That's not happening.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:29 AM
  #269
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,563
vCash: 500
how is it a dark day? I don't even see how we are affected especially with a lockout.

Get a new owner and move right on through.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:30 AM
  #270
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,024
vCash: 500
Maybe a blow-moderately is reasonable compromise?

JimEIV is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:34 AM
  #271
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso
 
ZadorovNJD*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 10,199
vCash: 500
My hockey team always did bottle drives to raise money. Just need to hit up every single house in NJ.


Kovalchuk should chip in the $20M.

ZadorovNJD* is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:43 AM
  #272
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,160
vCash: 500
people would suddenly have an extra $150 to spend because it is helping the franchise

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:46 AM
  #273
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,563
vCash: 500
I want to vote him Poster of the Year. Him and Krishna can go toe to toe. As a blowhard, I would enjoy this.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:48 AM
  #274
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I want to vote him Poster of the Year. Him and Krishna can go toe to toe. As a blowhard, I would enjoy this.
this is you


kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:52 AM
  #275
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
this is you

Where is that pump attached?

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.