HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2012, 12:37 AM
no name

vCash: 500
Blanton's FIP is far better than his ERA. His BaBip is through the roof too. He's been the most unlucky pitcher in baseball. He also has the best K to BB ratio. Blanton is a fly ball pitcher and it will translate better at Chavez Ravine than in Philly. His WAR is better than any pitcher not name Kershaw.

Old
08-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

You got to love Vin getting AJ Ellis to trend on twitter, the man has power. Couldnt be happier for AJ.

I like the Blanton pick up as well. Getting him out of that bandbox and back into a pitchers park will do wonders for him.

Old
08-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Blanton is a great pick up, League was a great pick up, Victorino was a great pick up.

Even going after Lee (even if it is pointless), and proving it was all financials holding them back and not Colletti being incompetent is a great move....

Dare I say...I think we might have a contender on our hands in a few years if the team continues to be agressive like this.

Old
08-04-2012, 06:30 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
You got to love Vin getting AJ Ellis to trend on twitter, the man has power. Couldnt be happier for AJ.

I like the Blanton pick up as well. Getting him out of that bandbox and back into a pitchers park will do wonders for him.
This year Blanton:

Home: 4.59 ERA
Away: 4.59 ERA

It's not the park. Trust me I've watched this guy for 4 years. He's been good this year overall. I think the best since 2008. He has really good numbers when he's on but then other times he gives up 6 or 7 runs in a blowout. There's a reason the Phillies couldn't get any prospects for him and had to give him up for free.

Old
08-04-2012, 06:34 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
This year Blanton:

Home: 4.59 ERA
Away: 4.59 ERA

It's not the park. Trust me I've watched this guy for 4 years. He's been good this year overall. I think the best since 2008. He has really good numbers when he's on but then other times he gives up 6 or 7 runs in a blowout. There's a reason the Phillies couldn't get any prospects for him and had to give him up for free.
His FiP is 3.69. That is almost a full earned run differential. Disregard the away numbers. His home park is killing him. By the way, his career numbers in Chavez Ravine are remarkable.

Old
08-04-2012, 06:50 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
His FiP is 3.69. That is almost a full earned run differential. Disregard the away numbers. His home park is killing him. By the way, his career numbers in Chavez Ravine are remarkable.
That's great, you look at the stats, I'll judge by my own two eyes. He's only played the Dodgers 6 times his whole career, that's a rather small sample size.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

If we were to re-sign Victorino, I don't think he'd be willing to move to LF permanently. I just wish Ethier and Kemp would put their ego aside. Kemp is really a RF and Ethier should move to LF.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Regardless of Blanton and his quality, he is better than Fife. Ergo, we got an upgrade when we could.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Regardless of Blanton and his quality, he is better than Fife. Ergo, we got an upgrade when we could.
#whynotjustcallupZachLee

Old
08-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
#whynotjustcallupZachLee
Same reason the Kings didn't call up Tofolli when he was 18.

The guy is 20 years old. Most major league starters don't get going on a consistent basis til about 23-24. You can't wreck the kids confidence like that. Especially with someone as hyped as Lee. Maybe next year he gets called up but let him work on his secondary pitches in the minors for the rest of the season.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Same reason the Kings didn't call up Tofolli when he was 18.

The guy is 20 years old. Most major league starters don't get going on a consistent basis til about 23-24. You can't wreck the kids confidence like that. Especially with someone as hyped as Lee.

Meh. He's not gonna develop well in Albuquerque. I really hope they don't wait until he's 23 to call him up. That is WAY too long for a 1st round pick. Plenty of pitchers were called up at age 20-21. Halladay, Sabathia, King Felix, Cain, Kershaw, Bumgarner, just to name a few. If anything, his confidence will get better if he gets called up ASAP. Toffoli wasn't a high draft pick so getting called up right away wouldn't have made sense. Lee was a 1st rounder out of high school and he already had a full year in the minors last year.I don't see the comparison.

Tony Gwynn got DFA'd? Why? It should've been Uribe or Kennedy. Having a 4th OFer and an extra speed off the bench is very important. Just let Sands learn how to play 1B.

EDIT: I just looked at his stats and he has a 6 ERA in AA. So you have a point. But I really do hope we don't have to wait that long for his call-up. I'd like to see Chris Reed as a September call-up, though.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Crap, Hanley just hurt his left foot. Hopefully it's just a boo-boo and the pain is gone by tomorrow.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:55 PM
no name

Quote:
Meh. He's not gonna develop well in Albuquerque. I really hope they don't wait until he's 23 to call him up. That is WAY too long for a 1st round pick. Plenty of pitchers were called up at age 20-21. Halladay, Sabathia, King Felix, Cain, Kershaw, Bumgarner, just to name a few. If anything, his confidence will get better if he gets called up ASAP. Toffoli wasn't a high draft pick so getting called up right away wouldn't have made sense. Lee was a 1st rounder out of high school and he already had a full year in the minors last year.I don't see the comparison.

Tony Gwynn got DFA'd? Why? It should've been Uribe or Kennedy. Having a 4th OFer and an extra speed off the bench is very important. Just let Sands learn how to play 1B.

EDIT: I just looked at his stats and he has a 6 ERA in AA. So you have a point. But I really do hope we don't have to wait that long for his call-up. I'd like to see Chris Reed as a September call-up, though.
Most of these guys on your list are college arms.

Lee is not ready. He has very little pitching experience prior to being drafted and has struggled immensly since being rushed. He has good mechanics and stuff but he only has one plus pitch at the moment and he's working on a couple others.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Kennedy is on the DL so he cannot be designated for assignment until he comes off DL and is put back on the active roster. They are already assuming he is gone once he comes off. Cruz has been too good to justify keeping Kennedy to back up Ellis. Also Herrera > Kennedy imo if we needed an emergency call up 2nd baseman.

Uribe...well I guess we need someone to laugh at.

Old
08-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Most of these guys on your list are college arms.

Lee is not ready. He has very little pitching experience prior to being drafted and has struggled immensly since being rushed. He has good mechanics and stuff but he only has one plus pitch at the moment and he's working on a couple others.

No they weren't. All of those guys I mentioned were high school draftees. Well, Felix was signed as a 16-year old free agent and he made his MLB debut at 19. The other guys I mentioned spent only 1-2 full years in the minors after getting drafted at 18. Zach Lee is not ready this year, I agree. But he better be next year.

Old
08-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
No they weren't. All of those guys I mentioned were high school draftees. Well, Felix was signed as a 16-year old free agent and he made his MLB debut at 19. The other guys I mentioned spent only 1-2 full years in the minors after getting drafted at 18. Zach Lee is not ready this year, I agree. But he better be next year.
That's ridiculous. Let's give Lee a couple years at AA before saying "he better be ready."

Old
08-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

What the hell. Tired of getting trolled by Colorado.

Old
08-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
What the hell. Tired of getting trolled by Colorado.
You're surprised? Arizona embarrassed the **** out of them and they scraped out a sweep (which obviously sounds weird) against a terrible Cubs team.

The Rockies have the worst pitching staff in all of baseball...and this pathetic team can't even score one run against them.

Old
08-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Kennedy is on the DL so he cannot be designated for assignment until he comes off DL and is put back on the active roster. They are already assuming he is gone once he comes off. Cruz has been too good to justify keeping Kennedy to back up Ellis. Also Herrera > Kennedy imo if we needed an emergency call up 2nd baseman.

Uribe...well I guess we need someone to laugh at.
If Uribe isnt gone when Kennedy comes back I am going to take to the streets. I sometimes wonder if he is still on the roster because the entire front office enjoys making fun of Ned for signing him.

Old
08-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Old
08-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
>>>>> Me watching this game

>>>>>>>

Old
08-08-2012, 06:48 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
If we were to re-sign Victorino, I don't think he'd be willing to move to LF permanently. I just wish Ethier and Kemp would put their ego aside. Kemp is really a RF and Ethier should move to LF.
What?

Old
08-08-2012, 06:51 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
If Uribe isnt gone when Kennedy comes back I am going to take to the streets. I sometimes wonder if he is still on the roster because the entire front office enjoys making fun of Ned for signing him.
Are you surprised?

Ned kept Eugeni0.00 Velez around the entire season last year.

Old
08-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
What?
What? You don't believe me?

Old
08-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Flour Child