Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other signings...

Old
08-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I don't think there is any negotiating when it comes to signing an offer sheet from another team.

You get it, review it, and decide to sign it or not.

Assuming thats the case, why would Holgrem put one in there? It was always about the $$ anyways. I doubt it would have made a difference for Webber signing it or not.

Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:13 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Dallas was suppossedly the only team to offer two years...Boston may / could have won that competition you would think, but who knows, Chiarelli wasn't going two years anyways it seems..

Chiarelli has done great with our own guys, but honestly it looks alot like last summer where IF injuries hit we will be exposed again. He also seems to be saving that LTIR for later in the season to see IF he has to make a deal which will cost us assets instead of just money... Fingers crossed though.
Fair enough opinion. One difference is who we will have available for injury call-ups. I still think Chia will sign one more 13th forward type to compete with Caron (Jason Blake or Gilbert Brule are my calls), then we will be looking at the same offense as last season just with a Pouliot replacement. But for call-ups, instead of guys like Hamill, Hennessy, Whitfield etc. the Bruins will have Bourque (who had 20 more points than anyone else in the A last year), along with Spooner & Knight. On defense, you replace Corvo & the rentals with Hamilton & Johnson. And instead of call-ups like Bartkowski & Bodnarchuk, the Bruins now have guys like Exelby & Krug. Not huge improvement on the Bruins roster, but vast improvement in depth, IMO.

Now the big Q is in goal. Instead of having the best tandem in the league & Khudobin as the 3rd, we'll now have Rask & Doby, with one of Hutchinson or Svedberg being the call-up. Could work out, could just as easily blow up in their face.

If Tuukka & Doby do their jobs, this team will be really effin' good, IMO. If top-6 and top-4 injuries hit hard and Tuukka is shaky or injured, then it will be a dogfight.

I also would love someone to take Thomas' K off the books. Not for the opening night roster, but to accrue some real cap space to make a run at a guy like Iginla during the season without having to lose a big piece for cap reasons.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:49 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I don't think there is any negotiating when it comes to signing an offer sheet from another team.

You get it, review it, and decide to sign it or not.

Assuming thats the case, why would Holgrem put one in there? It was always about the $$ anyways. I doubt it would have made a difference for Webber signing it or not.
I believe that teams can negotiate with the player. IIRC, Burke talked with Kessel about their deal (how else would he sign hours after a trade?).

Weber was, in my opinion, dumb to sign a long-term offer with Homer after what he did to Richards and Carter.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
That sounds like a good deal.

Do you think this signing can affect our other ones in some way.
Maybe in terms of league-wide averages, but none of Looch, Rask or Marchand are good comparables for Skinner in terms of their careers or where they're at, so I wouldn't expect it to directly impact them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Makes me sick....Ridiculous 2nd contract for a Jeff Skinner...
That's why it's a bone of contention in the CBA. Make 1st contracts longer, and you don't have 21 year olds making more than top6 forwards who have been in the league for 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I wouldn`t be shocked if Seguin `s play resulting in his next contract ends up being the one that "sets the bar" for others in similair situations
That would be interesting. With Skinner at $5.2 and Tavares at $5.5, I'd say the range is pretty much set for Seguin and Hall. To really bump that range I'd think they'd have to put up Stamkos type numbers (i.e. 40+ goals / 90+ points). Is that what you see for Seggy this year?

08-08-2012, 01:07 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post

That would be interesting. With Skinner at $5.2 and Tavares at $5.5, I'd say the range is pretty much set for Seguin and Hall. To really bump that range I'd think they'd have to put up Stamkos type numbers (i.e. 40+ goals / 90+ points). Is that what you see for Seggy this year?
If Seguin scores 35 and comes in over 80 points, and leads the Bs two straight years as point scorer, all before he can rent a car by himself.......that number is starting with a 6.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:11 PM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
If he does that and goes north of 80, AND he continues to have plus numbers.. I have no problem with that.

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:42 PM
McKuato

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
If Seguin scores 35 and comes in over 80 points, and leads the Bs two straight years as point scorer, all before he can rent a car by himself.......that number is starting with a 6.
Agree. The best players get paid like it.
Makes Chia's lack of a big signing come into a focus a little more. Obviously if it wasn't for a player he liked more than what he currently has, knowing it might force him to lose a player currently on the roster, then he wasn't doing it.
Why is Skinner's contract a shock to anybody?
It's going rate in today's market and doesn't kick in until the following season.
With the centers they have now, I'd be shocked if by the end of the year Carolina fans aren't glad they have him locked up with this deal.

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:00 PM
EverettMike

When Marchand scores 30 his contract is starting with a 5, minimum.

Lucic if he scores 30 is starting his with a 6.

Seguin with a 6.

The Bs have legit top-line players that 29 other teams would salivate at (a fact we forget so often around here).

You gots to pay cash money to keep em yo!

**** bout to get real - real soon.

Old
08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
If he does that and goes north of 80, AND he continues to have plus numbers.. I have no problem with that.
So do you offer him 6 years in the neighborhood of $35mil now? If I am Chia I think I would try to sign him now, but I don`t know if Seguin would take it. In fact, based on that deal and their years last night, Seguin might already be looking at $6mil a year. I would really try to sign him to an extension now because I think there is a better chance of a salary roll-back than somehow salaries being dampened by a new CBA by next summer. What if there is a 10% rollback, for example, and Seguin goes north of 80? I think he will still demand $6mil a year next summer.

Jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
cat400

It will be interesting when the new CBA is signed to see if there are any changes to 1st and 2nd contracts in order to bring some fiscal sanity to the table.

If there are changes, will Skinner's new deal still stand?

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:00 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
North of 80 and a high plus minus is going to give Seguin a 6-7m dollar contract

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
That's why it's a bone of contention in the CBA. Make 1st contracts longer, and you don't have 21 year olds making more than top6 forwards who have been in the league for 10 years.
I don't see why that's a problem, personally.

Taken the other way, it keeps those players employed. Why pay an old guy $5M, when you can get the same production from someone much younger at half the price?

To me, if you can contribute like a $5M player, then you should be paid accordingly. I don't care if you're 21 or 31.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
I believe that teams can negotiate with the player. IIRC, Burke talked with Kessel about their deal (how else would he sign hours after a trade?).

Weber was, in my opinion, dumb to sign a long-term offer with Homer after what he did to Richards and Carter.
Kessel's case is so not the same.

Weber should be advised by a better PA outfit. What Nashville is obliged to commit to is all in numbers.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Son of Donegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
I agree totally and wouldn't be upset at all for it as long as we can get him signed for 6 years!!

I like the idea of paying Segs 6mill 4 years from now when he could potentially put up six figure point totals.

As long as Chia stays away from the 7 million dollar contract, we can still pay Lucic, Marchand and Horty fair salaries of good length.

Horton is the x-factor, so this will be a big season not just for him, but for Chia to realize what's going to happen in June/July 2013. He has to be relatively healthy and productive to get re-signed. Even if her can pot 25+ G and play 70 games...as long as he doesn't get laid out by another concussion, I am happy to have him on the squad. He was huge in the B's Stanley Cup run. That is worth investing in.

Son of Donegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Son of Donegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I don't see why that's a problem, personally.

Taken the other way, it keeps those players employed. Why pay an old guy $5M, when you can get the same production from someone much younger at half the price?

To me, if you can contribute like a $5M player, then you should be paid accordingly. I don't care if you're 21 or 31.
****, you're batting a thousand with me so far. Agree totally once again. Part of why the Bruins have been successful is that they have loaded a ton of veteran talent into the 3rd and 4th lines. Soupy, Kelly, Pevs, Paille, Thorts...all those guys are bringing a lot to the table at great value. Keep the top six hot and wild like young wolves looking to etch their names on the cup. Pay them according to their production...sounds good to me!

Viking glory!!

Son of Donegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:57 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Maybe in terms of league-wide averages, but none of Looch, Rask or Marchand are good comparables for Skinner in terms of their careers or where they're at, so I wouldn't expect it to directly impact them.

Not really Bill, I think there`s a good chance we see about the same totals with a modest increase at best however, IF, and that`s a huge IF, the PP actually makes even a modicum of improvement, ya never know, what I do feel confident in is that Seguin will show once again marked improvement in all 3 zones, which will really lead or push Chia to "examine" all his options up the middle

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Wayne Simmonds has agreed to 6 year extension with PHI. Not sure on precise AAV but hearing it's around $4M per year.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Not sure if posted already, but old friend Steve Begin invited to Flames camp on a try out.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403131

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:23 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Not sure if posted already, but old friend Steve Begin invited to Flames camp on a try out.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403131
haha, Flames fans must be ecstatic

Another solid Feaster move

Old
08-16-2012, 06:23 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Wayne Simmonds has agreed to 6 year extension with PHI. Not sure on precise AAV but hearing it's around $4M per year.
Meaning he`ll be a Coyote/Jacket/Predator in no time

Old
08-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
haha, Flames fans must be ecstatic

Another solid Feaster move
Nothing to do whit Feaster, this move as Bob Hartley written all over it...
FWIW Begin was operated to fix a long time problem, i thing its a good move, cheap 4th line leader that will leave everything on the ice.

Latendresse is also a good move by the Sens...

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:57 AM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Meaning he`ll be a Coyote/Jacket/Predator in no time
Beat me to it Andrew. My immediate thought was why would anyone bother signing a long term deal with the Flyers? Hope you like Calgary, Simmonds, when Homer sends you and three other guys there for Bouwmeester at the deadline.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Edmonton Oilers ‏@NHL_Oilers
GM Steve Tambellini announces the #Oilers have agreed to terms with forward Taylor Hall on a new seven-year contract extension

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:36 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
GM Steve Tambellini announces the #Oilers have agreed to terms with forward Taylor Hall on a new seven-year contract extension
6 per.

Offer that to Seguin RIGHT NOW!

Old
08-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Wow. Can't wait to read the terms of this!

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote