HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012/2013 Depth Chart

Old
08-08-2012, 11:28 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
2012/2013 Depth Chart

I'm just wondering what your current depth chart is looking like with your current roster? I don't get to watch the Rangers enough as I don't have NHL live or anything and am from Michigan.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Centers: Richards-Stepan-Boyle-Halpern
LW: Nash-Kreider-Hagelin-Asham/Rupp
RW: Gaborik-Callahan-Pyatt-Asham/Rupp
LD:McDonagh-Staal-Del Zotto
RD: Girardi-Stralman-Bickel
G: Lundqvist-Biron

I think Nash will be tried on both wings. We are very weak on RD. Hopefully, Sauer recovers and can play again, because I'm not very excited to see Bickel every day. If not, I think Sather maybe does a low key trade to address the need.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:34 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Assuming no rookies (other than Kreider )and no other moves this my idea of the depth chart NOT what the lines will be:

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

McDonaugh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
Stralman-Bickel

Lundqvist
Biron

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 08-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:57 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Centers
Richards
Stepan
Boyle
Halpern
Miller?
Newbury
Kolarik
Yogan

LW
Nash
Kreider
Hagelin
Rupp
Haley
Hrivik
Bourque
Grant

RW
Gaborik
Callahan
Pyatt
Asham
Thomas
Segal

LD
McDonagh
Staal
Del Zotto
(Redden) - cannot be recalled due to cap purposes
Vernace

RD
Girardi
(Sauer)
Stralman
Bickel
McIllrath
Collins
Parlett
Delisle
Pyett

Goldie
Lundqvist
Biron
Talbot
Missiaen

We have 46 players on contracts as of now (including Miller - whose contract will slide if he remains in jr:s). 4 left up to the 50 man limit. Expect 2-3 more signings before the season starts, leaving one spot open...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

We WILL NOT win the Cup with Bickel on the back end.

That HAS to be addressed before the playoffs.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
We WILL NOT win the Cup with Bickel on the back end.

That HAS to be addressed before the playoffs.
Bickel is fine as 6/7th d-man. They probably expect Sauer to return sometime this year, and that's why they haven't made a move.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Straman
MDZ - Sauer (Bickel).

Our D is not what's going to cost us a Stanley Cup. It is very possible we could win the cup with Bickel as our #6 d-man.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Bickel is fine as 6/7th d-man. They probably expect Sauer to return sometime this year, and that's why they haven't made a move.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Straman
MDZ - Sauer (Bickel).

Our D is not what's going to cost us a Stanley Cup. It is very possible we could win the cup with Bickel as our #6 d-man.
I don't think they will make another significant move, until they have a better idea what the new CBA entails. But I will say, they are going to add another Dman. I REALLY doubt Bickel will be anything more than a 7th Dman this year.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:40 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

McD - Girardi
Staal - Straman
MDZ - Sauer (Bickel).

Expecting anything from Sauer is a mistake. If he gives the team anything, it's a bonus.

Old
08-08-2012, 12:41 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I don't think they will make another significant move, until they have a better idea what the new CBA entails. But I will say, they are going to add another Dman. I REALLY doubt Bickel will be anything more than a 7th Dman this year.
They probably will, and it's a good idea, in particular if Sauer isn't good to go. I'm just saying a #6 d-man isn't what will cost us the cup.

Old
08-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
They probably will, and it's a good idea, in particular if Sauer isn't good to go. I'm just saying a #6 d-man isn't what will cost us the cup.
If we have a 6D who the coach trusts with more than 3:46 ice time in a 3OT game, it makes McD, Staal, and Girardi play less minutes, and therefore, they will be fresher throughout the season.

Old
08-08-2012, 01:51 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
If we have a 6D who the coach trusts with more than 3:46 ice time in a 3OT game, it makes McD, Staal, and Girardi play less minutes, and therefore, they will be fresher throughout the season.
That's true, but that's also a pretty extreme example. Bickel averaged 10:26 for 51 regular season games last year, was a plus player in the +/- column and was trusted with 2nd/3rd pairing minutes for most part of the season.

Torts' confidence with him fell in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean he can't be a solid player for us this season. If he is our #6 man on defense, we'll still be fine.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
That's true, but that's also a pretty extreme example. Bickel averaged 10:26 for 51 regular season games last year, was a plus player in the +/- column and was trusted with 2nd/3rd pairing minutes for most part of the season.

Torts' confidence with him fell in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean he can't be a solid player for us this season. If he is our #6 man on defense, we'll still be fine.
I care more about what happens in the playoffs, and his ice time dropped to 5:09 in the playoffs. His shifts per game went from 13.5 a game to 6.6. It's great that Torts trusts Stu when we're playing against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it was clear that Sad Stu was not helping much at any point in the playoffs.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
I care more about what happens in the playoffs, and his ice time dropped to 5:09 in the playoffs. His shifts per game went from 13.5 a game to 6.6. It's great that Torts trusts Stu when we're playing against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it was clear that Sad Stu was not helping much at any point in the playoffs.
I care more about the playoffs too, don't get me wrong. But do you really thinks that if Stu Bickel has a season like 11/12 where he outplayed other 6/7th d-men Eminger and Woywitka, Torts will still give him five minute playoff games?

I'm not arguing that Bickel should be our 6D for 82 regular season games plus playoffs, I'm arguing he's serviceable and it won't really hurt us if he is.

If they get someone better, I'm all for it.

Old
08-08-2012, 03:03 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Expecting anything from Sauer is a mistake. If he gives the team anything, it's a bonus.
You have a good half a season to assess Sauer's progress before you really have to make a move.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I care more about the playoffs too, don't get me wrong. But do you really thinks that if Stu Bickel has a season like 11/12 where he outplayed other 6/7th d-men Eminger and Woywitka, Torts will still give him five minute playoff games?

I'm not arguing that Bickel should be our 6D for 82 regular season games plus playoffs, I'm arguing he's serviceable and it won't really hurt us if he is.

If they get someone better, I'm all for it.
I'm in the group that thinks its necessary he is upgraded before the playoffs. He can play on opening night, but I at least would expect Glen would make a deadline trade to upgrade Sad Stu.

Old
08-08-2012, 03:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
You have a good half a season to assess Sauer's progress before you really have to make a move.
Not sure what you mean. How do you have a half season when you have no idea when Sauer is coming back?

Old
08-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
For all the uproar about Brian Boyle being the 3C, I've heard very little about heading into the season with Stu Bickel entrenched as the #6 D-man. That is a far weaker link.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Vitto79

C- Richards, Stepan, Boyle, Halpern
LW-Nash, Kreider, Hagelin, Rupp
RW- Gaborik, Callahan, Pyatt, Asham
G- Lundqvist, Biron
LD- Staal, McDonaugh, Del Zotto
RD- Girardi, Sauer, Stralman
Spares- Bickel, battle for 2 spots with the below AHL bodies. Maybe sign a cheap vet D incase Sauer is not ready. one of the F below is a spare, likely Haley at this point.

AHL call ups:
F- Miller, Thomas, Hrvik, Newbury, Haley, Segal, Kolarik, Bourque, Yogan
D- Vernance, Pyett, Collins, Parlett
G- Talbot

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. How do you have a half season when you have no idea when Sauer is coming back?
I have to think the Rangers organization is operating under the assumption that Sauer isnt coming back.

If he does, great.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:00 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
You have the trade deadline imo to see if Sauer comes back or not. You can easily add a dman at that point. We can survive with Disco Stu in the regular season.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:39 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
This is probably the safest and best assumption a Rangers fan can make at this point in Sauer's career.

If the guy comes back and can be in shape (like Staal did) by the 2nd season its going to be a huge bonus for NYR in the playoffs

but he is a non factor at this point

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:53 AM
eco's bones

On Sauer--It would be nice if he could come back and play the way he is capable but I agree we shouldn't bank on it.

As for Bickel--there's an assumption here that he is what he is and is incapable of getting better. I think he has relatively limited upside but that doesn't mean he won't improve off of last season at all. He's still a relatively young guy and I'd expect some improvement. How much improvement? is more the question because it may or may not be enough. Right now the 6th D spot is a bit of a weak link but comparatively to at least most of the rest of the league if that's all you're worrying about you're in pretty good shape. If Bickel doesn't improve enough we can always look to bring someone else in.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:32 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
I'm just wondering what your current depth chart is looking like with your current roster? I don't get to watch the Rangers enough as I don't have NHL live or anything and am from Michigan.
Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Rupp - Halpern - Asham
Xtra Forward - Newbury, Haley

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Sauer
Xtra Defence - Bickel

Lundqvist
Biron

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:36 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
I thought Taylor Pyatt only played Left Wing, seems like everyone has him on the right side is he able to switch sides effectively?

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote