HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?

Old
08-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?

I know neither team wants to trade their young stars away, but basing it off of Eklund, albeit 99% not a true rumor, still opens some discussion. What do you think?

Notice: This is a Value of, not a Proposal so it is not being made as a realistic scenario, as each team would be filling a big hole but opening another.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I know neither team wants to trade their young stars away, but basing it off of Eklund, albeit 99% not a true rumor, still opens some discussion. What do you think?

Notice: This is a Value of, not a Proposal so it is not being made as a realistic scenario, as each team would be filling a big hole but opening another.
There is no way Edmonton is trading their #1 center. The value of RNH to the Oil is way above the proposed trade.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:49 PM
VegasSabreFan

Doesn't make sense for Buffalo. If they make the trade the only experienced defensemen they have signed beyond this year are Ehrhoff and Sekera. And while they don't have anyone as skilled as RNH in the system, they are well stocked with young top 6 centers in Hodgson, Ennis, Grigorenko and Girgensons. They need a veteran stopgap center, and to keep Myers, not RNH.

VegasSabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:50 PM
TyKace

Something is going to happen between these two in the next few days ... But I see it being ...

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

(Either combo would work I think)

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi

TyKace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
VegasSabreFan

After reading the Eklund article, I don't know why you even considered the rumor to me RNH and Myers.

My first thought was Gagner and Magnus for Sekera and Enroth.

Not that you could trust anything Eklund writes anyway.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
HiddenInLight

This is based off of the Eklol report saying that Buffalo and Edmonton are in serious trade talks.....

Says that Buffalo is getting "young star top 6 center and a third line young player who many feel has top six potential." for " a "significant" defenseman going to Edmonton along with a solid prospect (or possibly even Enroth)"

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:54 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
After reading the Eklund article, I don't know why you even considered the rumor to me RNH and Myers.

My first thought was Gagner and Magnus for Sekera and Enroth.

Not that you could trust anything Eklund writes anyway.
I'm not sure that Gagner is a young star top six center as described in that article.....By that description it would be RNH or Eberle?

Old
08-08-2012, 02:54 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

RNH will be an absolute star in the near future and Myers will be an absolute rock on the back-end soon too but there's not reason for these two teams to make this deal.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:55 PM
VegasSabreFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyKace View Post
Something is going to happen between these two in the next few days ... But I see it being ...

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi
That's a yes from Buffalo for Enroth/Leopold, but I don't see why Edmonton does this.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:55 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
RNH will be an absolute star in the near future and Myers will be an absolute rock on the back-end soon too but there's not reason for these two teams to make this deal.
I agree.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Halpysback

Ryan Jones or Seth Jones?

And I'd comfortably take RNH over Myers.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:57 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Bandwagon since 2008

There's no reason for Buffalo to do this. I think their center depth looks great now. I like all of Hodgson, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Ennis, and Adam.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
No from both teams.

How about Pardy and a mid-round pick for Belanger?

08-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi
That looks reasonable. Leopold seems to be the most "replaceable" Sabres defenseman, since he is more of a catch-all than Regehr who has dedicated shutdown minutes and PK duty.

It's funny that everyone jumps to Nugent-Hopkins or Myers right off the bat, when it could very well be Gagner and Leopold.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post

Tough to say, Normally its harder to find a 1d as opposed to a 1c, That being said I dont see myers as a 1d. but Edmonton needs d more than a 1c. I probably dont do it from either team though.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Value might be there, although it'd take extreme overpayment to get RNH and he's as close to untouchable as you can get but it doesn't really make sense for either team. Why would the Oilers trade RNH? The Sabres have Hodgson and Ennis, as well as Grigorenko and Girgensons in the pipeline. We'd be much more content in seeing our young centers develop than trading for another great young center. RNH is the real deal, but we'd then be losing Myers and we'd have a ton of young top-six centers with great potential. If the Oilers traded RNH, Sam Gagner becomes their first line center.

Quote:

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi
What makes you so sure something will happen between these two in the next few days? I don't believe there will be much activity at all, much less having to do with Buffalo, who already made a big trade this offseason. As for the proposal, Regehr is out of the picture. I might do Enroth + Leopold or Pysyk + Leopold but if we lose Enroth, we're out a backup goalie, with very slim options left in free agency.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Value might be there, although it'd take extreme overpayment to get RNH and he's as close to untouchable as you can get but it doesn't really make sense for either team. Why would the Oilers trade RNH? The Sabres have Hodgson and Ennis, as well as Grigorenko and Girgensons in the pipeline. We'd be much more content in seeing our young centers develop than trading for another great young center. RNH is the real deal, but we'd then be losing Myers and we'd have a ton of young top-six centers with great potential. If the Oilers traded RNH, Sam Gagner becomes their first line center.

What makes you so sure something will happen between these two in the next few days? I don't believe there will be much activity at all, much less having to do with Buffalo, who already made a big trade this offseason. As for the proposal, Regehr is out of the picture. I might do Enroth + Leopold or Pysyk + Leopold but if we lose Enroth, we're out a backup goalie, with very slim options left in free agency.
Eklol put it in a report....he is just following that I believe....that was the source for this thread.

Old
08-08-2012, 03:14 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi
hmmm I think Edm passes. Paajarvi and Lander will be a part of a veryt solid 3rd line for many years

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:18 PM
TyKace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Buffalo has made it very clear they want to add ... They've been in the midst of a lot of rumours next too The Flyers. They have been pursuing Doan and Ryan for sometime now and nothing seems to be coming out of it, so why not look for Gagner and/or Paajarvi??

If Enroth ends up being part of this deal then they can always bring back Hasek to backup Miller. Hahaha

TyKace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:18 PM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
Doesn't make sense for Buffalo. If they make the trade the only experienced defensemen they have signed beyond this year are Ehrhoff and Sekera. And while they don't have anyone as skilled as RNH in the system, they are well stocked with young top 6 centers in Hodgson, Ennis, Grigorenko and Girgensons. They need a veteran stopgap center, and to keep Myers, not RNH.
this

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:25 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
In terms of team building, this helps Edmonton but I think RNH is pretty much untouchable.

I think Edmonton would be more inclined to include Hall, even then I just don't see them wanting to give up one of their Big 4 forwards.

For Buffalo, this doesn't make a lot of sense either. They lose their top d-man, backup goaltender to add to a position where they are already pretty stacked.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
In terms of team building, this helps Edmonton but I think RNH is pretty much untouchable.

I think Edmonton would be more inclined to include Hall, even then I just don't see them wanting to give up one of their Big 4 forwards.

For Buffalo, this doesn't make a lot of sense either. They lose their top d-man, backup goaltender to add to a position where they are already pretty stacked.
II 99% agree with you, except that after the draft darcy said something along the lines of "I'd rather have way too many talented centers, and be forced to play some on the wing, then too many talented wingers, and be forced to play them at center." Not exact words but something along those lines.

Old
08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Eklund has got us talking again!
The man is a genius.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:31 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Agreed. Edmonton still has a hole down the middle to fill, so RNH going anywhere is crazy. If the value is right, it's possible that Hall or Yakupov get moved though.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:31 PM
pigpen65

The 3rd post in this thread killed it. Buffalo needs a vet center. RNH would be awesome, but it makes 0 sense.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote