HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dany Heatley

Old
08-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Mouse21*

vCash: 500
Mcleod + 5th rd pick

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Mattb124

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I don't think Koivu and Parise are markedly better (if at all) than Marleau and Thornton.
I think you'd be hard pressed to argue '12-'13 Koivu or Parise will be better than '10-'11 Marleau and Thorton, but I question whether the talent level of his line mates was the issue. It seemed that Heatley's issue in SJ was constantly playing hurt and not healing as much as an overall decline. If in fact his off-season knee proceedure helps his speed a bit, we may see a rejuvenated player in October.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 06:04 PM
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
Mcleod + 5th rd pick
Cancer to the locker room anyone

ewoksonhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperposts31 View Post
When Heatley was on Atlanta and Ottawa he looked like one of the fastest guys out there, now he looks like one of the slowest players out there. I see 3rd liners pick his pockets all day. And you cant tell that he is dangling anymore because he has no speed to back it up. His dangles now are putting the puck under someones stick and instantly passing it. But please, dont let that take away from his amazing "sniping" ability. That guy can snipe.
But if he is put on the second line, He wont do too much better than last year.
I didn't see him much on Atlanta, but I never thought he was fast on Ottawa. The Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line always impressed me with their horizontal play in the offensive zone, a lot of weaving and setting up for great shots from the slot, as opposed to breaks down the wing with speed a la Kessel or Gaborik.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 06:36 PM
grN1g

Heatley didn't have to skate fast or dangle, he had spezza do all that and then feed him a perfect pass for his one-timer, or a rebound that lands right on his stick for an open net.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Kenny G

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
Heatley didn't have to skate fast or dangle, he had spezza do all that and then feed him a perfect pass for his one-timer, or a rebound that lands right on his stick for an open net.
Perfect pass or drop pass that ends up a turnover?

Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote