HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?

Old
08-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
For those that are claiming Sekera is such an undeniable stud at 26 whereas Paajarvi is an in and out the lineup player of no value at 21 I think you should perhaps take a look at the kids talent level and his potential. I'm surprised their has been so much pumping of this Sekera ghost yet the pummeling of a player because he put up 8 points in one game last year. Like it wasn't a glimpse of his potential in a young and talented kids future. Some of the Sabres fans are asking for the world for some aged players here. Sekera had a real breakout year last year didn't he?

I get he's a shutdown D-man but we've got an identical player in Smid. We need a top four puck mover. I just don't see a centerpiece like Gagner plus the high potential of Paajarvi being offered in return here.
The Oilers have three "top four" puckmovers in Petry, Whitney, and J.Schultz.....but unfortunately "top four" is just a nice way to say "second pairing".

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
The Oilers have three "top four" puckmovers in Petry, Whitney, and J.Schultz.....but unfortunately "top four" is just a nice way to say "second pairing".
Pysyk would the nicest addition from their squad and is an excellent disk mover with top four with top pairing potential. Top pairing being very generous. Shut down defenseman are a dime a dozen out there both potentially and currently imo. Hence the value I`ve placed on us acquiring a smooth D-man with top second pairing ability and top pairing potential. Personally I just don`t see a real deal forming here. Nick Schultz or Smid nullify the idea of acquiring Sekera and adding him to the top four to me.

What I should be saying is we need a stud on the backend just like everyone else.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Drij

Yakupov or no deal for Buffalo.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:25 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
RNH isn't getting moved.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:55 PM
SephF
See you next time

RNH is the last player the Oilers would trade, we need a center even worse than we need a defenseman. Gagner, maybe but RNH? Not a chance.

It's Eklund after all.

Based off the way the article is worded I would assume it's Gagner and Paajarvi (or Hartikainen) for Myers but that doesn't seem like enough.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

Not a fan of either team involved, but this is just a bad rumor. RNH will not be moved for anything. He is part of the answer to a team that needs one, in a big way. Also, have you looked at the Oilers Center depth? I cringed when I first looked at it--and I don't even like the Oil.

The value simply doesn't match here, as both guys are more valuable on their current team than on the other.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 08:00 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Someone needs to take this thread out back and give it the Old Yeller treatment.

SilverHaireDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 08:03 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
WOuld rather have Dom Moore than Gagner.

Gagner can stay in the Oil.
Fine by me, I'd rather wait on Gagner developing than trade him away for crap.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post

Based off the way the article is worded I would assume it's Gagner and Paajarvi (or Hartikainen) for Myers but that doesn't seem like enough.

Those 2 aren't worth anything near Myers. You want former Calder winning #1 dman? One of Hall, Eberle or RNH. And ain't no Myers + either, RNH has shown nothing to say he is worth more then Myers.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Esq.

I don't think the Oilers would consider this deal. Enroth is a good young goalie, but the Oilers brass seems high on Dubnyk, who they just signed to a pretty pricey contract, and Enroth doesn't offer a sure fire upgrade on Dubnyk.

RNH is worth way more than Myers, even though Myers has potential to be a number 1 guy and is already quite good. RNH is also the only real Top 6 center the Oilers have right now. Gagner is good, but he couldn't fill the #1 role of RNH left.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 09:01 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Those 2 aren't worth anything near Myers. You want former Calder winning #1 dman? One of Hall, Eberle or RNH. And ain't no Myers + either, RNH has shown nothing to say he is worth more then Myers.
Not sure if serious...

Being one of the best offensive rookies in a decade as an underdeveloped 18-year-old should mean something.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Djp

It is very realistic to see Buffalo and Edmonton making a trade. Edmonton needs defensive depth and Buffalo has it.

The target player would be RW Hemsky

Possibly for Sekera with other things thrown in.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 356
The Sabres are not trading Myers and the Oilers are not trading RNH. Move along everyone, nothing to see here.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Djp

Buffalo is not interested in RNH....they need a veteran Center.

I wouldnt be surpised if a side rumor surfaced of Buffalo using what they acquire and package them with other stuff in a deal for Stasny.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:21 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

So he says right in his post that it's not enough and you still feel the need to reply? And seriously? RNH not worth Myers? He's a fantastic dman, but that's just ridiculous.

This thread has definitely run its course

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
It is very realistic to see Buffalo and Edmonton making a trade. Edmonton needs defensive depth and Buffalo has it.

The Oilers need legit top pairing defenseman not bottom four guys. Don't bother saying that Sekera would be a top pairing dman on the Oilers because thats not his value. The Oilers already have Smid, Petry, Whitney, N.Schultz, Sutton, J.Schultz, Potter, and Peckham on one way contracts; with Fedun, Tuebert, Plante, Marincin, and Davidson looking to get a call up.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
The Oilers need legit top pairing defenseman not bottom four guys. Don't bother saying that Sekera would be a top pairing dman on the Oilers because thats not his value. The Oilers already have Smid, Petry, Whitney, N.Schultz, Sutton, J.Schultz, Potter, and Peckham on one way contracts; with Fedun, Tuebert, Plante, Marincin, and Davidson looking to get a call up.
What would Edmonton need to give up for a #1 D-man?

Sekera is a better D-man than many seem to think. Part of it is the role he plays in Buffalo. he plays on defensive draws. The offensive draws go to Ehrhoff or Myers. See how Sekera did in the worlds.

Old
08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
After reading the Eklund article, I don't know why you even considered the rumor to me RNH and Myers.

My first thought was Gagner and Magnus for Sekera and Enroth.

Not that you could trust anything Eklund writes anyway.
No thank you. I'd MUCH rather have Sekera than Gagner. And we don't have any NHL capable goalies in the system after Enroth. Unless Darcy's changed his mind about bringing back the Dominator.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What would Edmonton need to give up for a #1 D-man?

Sekera is a better D-man than many seem to think. Part of it is the role he plays in Buffalo. he plays on defensive draws. The offensive draws go to Ehrhoff or Myers. See how Sekera did in the worlds.
Way too much for a true #1 defenseman(which Sekera is clearly not). He's not a minute-munching physical PK shutdown defenseman. He's average second pairing.
They had a 5 year plan for this rebuild so they can afford to wait for an opportunity ie. UFA, or disgruntled player that wants out.
We also have three blue chip D prospects in Klefbom, J.Schultz, and Marincin

Old
08-08-2012, 10:10 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

Guys Buffalo already has who do/can play RW:
Vanek
Pominville
Stafford
Leino
Tropp

We need a center. A proven veteran one. Not Ales freaking Hemsky.

Old
08-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Vanek
Pominville
Stafford
Leino
Tropp

I saw that and just thought "oh man, why did someone have to bring Hemsky into this"

Old
08-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Djp

Quote:
Vanek
Pominville
Stafford
Leino
Tropp

First off...Leino is a LW. Vanek prefers to play LW

The way I see the team on the wings....LW:Vanek, Foligno, Leino...RWommenville, Stafford, and an offensive void (why the offer to Doan and trade talk about Ryan)....Armia but cant till 2013-14 season.

there has also been talk of them looking at Andrei Kostitsyn--another UFA RW..who then could fill in a spot until Armia is ready.

I have said on NUMEROUS threads buffalo first priority is a veteran #1 Center--Edmonton doesnt have that.

If they get a #1 Center...they could move Ennis to LW and Vanek to RW.

Hemsky plays RW----same position as Ryan and Doan

Old
08-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Djp

Quote:
Vanek
Pominville
Stafford
Leino
Tropp

Another thing---with such a deal done it could be they are geting assets from Edmonton that Colorado wants (Edmonton wouldnt trade with Colorado) that then they use to get Stasny.

Old
08-08-2012, 11:46 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
First off...Leino is a LW. Vanek prefers to play LW

The way I see the team on the wings....LW:Vanek, Foligno, Leino...RWommenville, Stafford, and an offensive void (why the offer to Doan and trade talk about Ryan)....Armia but cant till 2013-14 season.

there has also been talk of them looking at Andrei Kostitsyn--another UFA RW..who then could fill in a spot until Armia is ready.

I have said on NUMEROUS threads buffalo first priority is a veteran #1 Center--Edmonton doesnt have that.

If they get a #1 Center...they could move Ennis to LW and Vanek to RW.

Hemsky plays RW----same position as Ryan and Doan
The bolded is patently untrue. Leino's preferred position is RW, Ruff just likes to play everyone but Pominville on their off side. (See: Tropp, Vanek, arguably Stafford (idk what side he prefers, but I've always thought he looked better at LW))
I don't even want a veteran #1C. I don't care if we lose/suck this season nearly enough to seriously consider parting with the assets it would take to get one. We probably have all the centers we need; just they're all under 23, so we're going to have to wait a bit. Fine by me. I just want a guy who can play effective defensive minutes, because Hodgson might figure that out this season, but I wouldn't bank on it, and Ennis most certainly couldn't handle those match ups.

Belanger for...something?

Old
08-09-2012, 12:54 AM
lakai17

Horcoff fits Lindy's system.

Horcoff + Paajarvi

for

Leopold + Adam

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote