HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXXI: There is no Spoon (mod note re: election | Post #986)

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Hella cute. Except her back muscles are intimidating as ****: http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Iw.../470_2410576.0

Old
08-08-2012, 09:10 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
And you aren't following Doctor Who on FB? Currently running contest for greatest female on show. Quarter finals:

Rose vs Donna
and
Sarah Jane vs Leela
Sarah Jane is obviously, but I love Donna Noble and I can't stand Rose. I like Martha way more than Rose too. I don't know why people like Rose so much.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:53 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
US hurdler Lolo Jones is a babe.
She's hot, but totally psycho.

Old
08-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
US hurdler Lolo Jones is a babe.
all I see is A-Rod

Old
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM
bluefunnel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
And you aren't following Doctor Who on FB? Currently running contest for greatest female on show. Quarter finals:

Rose vs Donna
and
Sarah Jane vs Leela

Definitely Sarah Jane. I didn't care much for either Rose or Donna(or Martha even, while I do love the return of Doctor Who, I just haven't grown attached to any of the companions).

Old
08-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:

Rose vs Donna
and
Sarah Jane vs Leela

Sarah Jane with Donna as a close second

Old
08-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Spacemania
Recovering Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Sarah Jane with Donna as a close second
since when did you get that avi man, and where did you get it?

When you do things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.
Old
08-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
since when did you get that avi man, and where did you get it?
Googled it.
Recently, my newest obsession is an old fighting arcade game Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3) and I searched the character I was the best at. Nothing special.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:55 AM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Soooo...I just put a class 10 microsdhc card in my phone and it's made a big difference so far in speeding everything up. I recommend it.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:42 AM
KirbyDots

Just beat Mass Effect 3. Thought the game was great, the ending was beautifully done and I can't understand all the fuss over it.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:28 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Just beat Mass Effect 3. Thought the game was great, the ending was beautifully done and I can't understand all the fuss over it.
You got a new ending man, it's the old ending everyone was pissed about. They changed it substantially.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
You got a new ending man, it's the old ending everyone was pissed about. They changed it substantially.
I'm aware of the extended cut differences I saw the old ones too, not bad at all.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:19 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
I'm aware of the extended cut differences I saw the old ones too, not bad at all.
They made zero sense, literally. The old endings had massive, massive plot holes. If you like them then frankly you are the kind of person that doesn't pay much attention to continuity. Not insulting you or anything, a lot of people don't get wrapped up in the details, but a lot of us do, and the details of that ending were completely non existent.

Without the knowledge of the extended endings, answer these questions:

1) How did your squad mates get from being on earth to the Normandy while Harbinger was sitting there blasting the crap out of everyone. Add in the "Everyone is dead!" comments as well (because I think he would have noticed the Normandy suddenly landing and picking up survivors). This was all fixed in the extended version.

2) How did Anderson get on the Citadel if "everyone is dead!"? How did he get past you, in a hallway that clearly has no alternate paths, without seeing you? Not really fixed still, but I guess they are going with the 'walls are moving' comment, even though we never see walls moving...

3) If you destroy the mass relays, didn't you just strand a gigantic portion of the galaxies population in our solar system with no hope of ever returning home? Fixed in the extended cut.

4) It's cute that the Normandy crash lands on a nice looking planet, but the game went out of its way to make it clear that dextro-DNA based lifeforms (Tali, Garrus) cannot consume carbon based life, and vice versa. So basically you just doomed Tali and Garrus (both possible love interests, and popular ones) to starving to death while watching their friends eat. Nice. Fixed in the extended cut.

5) You spent 3 games building up a massive galactic fleet to battle the Reapers only to have it make no difference what-so-ever in the ending. You are not given any unique choices, any extra options or dialogue, nothing. The only different is if you do the bare minimum you don't get the synthesis ending (space magic) which really doesn't make a lot of sense anyway (takes away peoples right to choose, sure seems similar to indoctrination) plus, space magic.

6) The Starchild. Introducing a new character at the 11th hour to attempt to explain all the inconsistencies you created by firing the lead writer and changing the path of the story is a cheap cop-out. It doesn't even make a lot of sense, if the Starchild has been on the citadel all this time, why didn't he just activate the damn relay in the 1st game? It only makes sense if it was another Reaper trick, which is somewhat supported by his voice changing to Harbingers when you reject his options in the extended ending, but still then why did he even offer you those choices?

I could go on, for quite awhile actually, the ending was god awful. It answered long standing questions with vague and completely unrealistic answers. It did not reward you for your dedication and hard work, it did not provide a 'variety' of endings based on your decisions throughout the game. It was, frankly, one of the worst endings in video game history (relative to the quality of the game before it). The extended versions made it better, but I still think they could have done much, much better.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
They made zero sense, literally. The old endings had massive, massive plot holes. If you like them then frankly you are the kind of person that doesn't pay much attention to continuity. Not insulting you or anything, a lot of people don't get wrapped up in the details, but a lot of us do, and the details of that ending were completely non existent.

Without the knowledge of the extended endings, answer these questions:

1) How did your squad mates get from being on earth to the Normandy while Harbinger was sitting there blasting the crap out of everyone. Add in the "Everyone is dead!" comments as well (because I think he would have noticed the Normandy suddenly landing and picking up survivors). This was all fixed in the extended version.

2) How did Anderson get on the Citadel if "everyone is dead!"? How did he get past you, in a hallway that clearly has no alternate paths, without seeing you? Not really fixed still, but I guess they are going with the 'walls are moving' comment, even though we never see walls moving...

3) If you destroy the mass relays, didn't you just strand a gigantic portion of the galaxies population in our solar system with no hope of ever returning home? Fixed in the extended cut.

4) It's cute that the Normandy crash lands on a nice looking planet, but the game went out of its way to make it clear that dextro-DNA based lifeforms (Tali, Garrus) cannot consume carbon based life, and vice versa. So basically you just doomed Tali and Garrus (both possible love interests, and popular ones) to starving to death while watching their friends eat. Nice. Fixed in the extended cut.

5) You spent 3 games building up a massive galactic fleet to battle the Reapers only to have it make no difference what-so-ever in the ending. You are not given any unique choices, any extra options or dialogue, nothing. The only different is if you do the bare minimum you don't get the synthesis ending (space magic) which really doesn't make a lot of sense anyway (takes away peoples right to choose, sure seems similar to indoctrination) plus, space magic.

6) The Starchild. Introducing a new character at the 11th hour to attempt to explain all the inconsistencies you created by firing the lead writer and changing the path of the story is a cheap cop-out. It doesn't even make a lot of sense, if the Starchild has been on the citadel all this time, why didn't he just activate the damn relay in the 1st game? It only makes sense if it was another Reaper trick, which is somewhat supported by his voice changing to Harbingers when you reject his options in the extended ending, but still then why did he even offer you those choices?

I could go on, for quite awhile actually, the ending was god awful. It answered long standing questions with vague and completely unrealistic answers. It did not reward you for your dedication and hard work, it did not provide a 'variety' of endings based on your decisions throughout the game. It was, frankly, one of the worst endings in video game history (relative to the quality of the game before it). The extended versions made it better, but I still think they could have done much, much better.
To start I have been a fan of Bioware since the original Baldur's Gate and Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite game series, so believe me when I say that that I take the story very seriously. The continuity of Mass Effect is important but the meaning of the game as a work of art is the crux of the matter. I would go into detail on each of your notes but I need to be getting back to work making art, the nitpicks are noted but seem a bit anal to me.

This is a fairly good review of the endings in my opinion.
http://badassdigest.com/2012/08/06/f...mass-effect-3/

Old
08-09-2012, 01:34 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

http://imgur.com/a/glI58

A whole bunch of high-res images of Curiosity on Mars

Mashed together, you get this

Old
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Preview from the first color panorama as well from Curiosity

Old
08-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

where are the cylons!?

Old
08-09-2012, 02:06 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Someone should totally photoshop the Transfromers shadow from the first movie and be like damn it came it true!

Old
08-09-2012, 02:43 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
To start I have been a fan of Bioware since the original Baldur's Gate and Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite game series, so believe me when I say that that I take the story very seriously. The continuity of Mass Effect is important but the meaning of the game as a work of art is the crux of the matter. I would go into detail on each of your notes but I need to be getting back to work making art, the nitpicks are noted but seem a bit anal to me.

This is a fairly good review of the endings in my opinion.
http://badassdigest.com/2012/08/06/f...mass-effect-3/
I find the 'game as a work of art' argument to be pretty weak, considering the person that laid out the plot for the series was let go and a couple of producers (non artists) rewrote the ending based on direction from EA. The original purpose for the reapers had nothing to do with synthetics (which makes little sense since the Reapers ARE synthetics), it had to do with dark energy. Supposedly dark energy was slowly destroying the galaxy and the Reapers were created to solve the problem in some way. This is why in ME1 and 2 we had all the talk about suns collapsing prematurely, etc.

The fact is the end of the game did little to answer any questions the game had asked, did not present itself in a consistent (with the rest of the story) or intelligible way, and from an artistic perspective was extremely shallow and trite.

Old
08-09-2012, 03:42 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

John Williams (composer) kicks butt!! Midway March and 1984's Olympic themes used in Gold Medal winning Individual Dressage Grand Prix Freestyle. (Along with themes from American composer of "The Great Escape" sound track, and the great British composer's "Pomp & Circumstance".)

Old
08-09-2012, 04:00 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3565
There is nothing on the internet today.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:45 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

kgoradio 6:40pm via TweetDeck Man falls asleep on airport baggage belt, goes through X-Ray http://t.co/2MJWWD6N

Old
08-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Spacemania
Recovering Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
where are the cylons!?
don't you know?

we are the Cylons

Old
08-09-2012, 11:38 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
don't you know?

we are the Cylons

I just recently found out that I was a Cylon, myself. Is there a hotline to call?

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
08-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Janney

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
I just recently found out that I was a Cylon, myself. Is there a hotline to call?
If you look like Tricia Helfer then feel free to call me...

Closed Thread