HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Of Nazem Kadri's Goals

Old
08-08-2012, 11:35 PM
glasses91

vCash: 500
should have used the song "PIMP"

glasses91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse99 View Post
i found it more tolerable than the "im a teenager! im deeply intricate and nobody understands me! my feelings are constantly hurt!" over the top death metal most of these videos are set to.
This is by-FAR the most overused song in montage history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOolYYe60k

As for Nazem, after reading Kyle Ciccerella's blog post about his relationship with Carlyle, I'm very hopeful that Randy sees more in him than Wilson did. Enough seasoning, open up a spot on the roster for the kid and let him show what he can do after 50 consecutive games.

Duke Silver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:40 PM
glasses91

exactly.

jvr grabo kadri?

mac kadri lupul?

kadri bozak frattin?

ANYWHERE PLZ.

Old
08-08-2012, 11:51 PM
HeroNtF

Indeed... take out that music and add in Franky "A kiss to build a dream on" !!! har har

But looking forward to this kid making the step next year. I don't want to see him in a bottom six role though, Carlyle likes to match lines, and we don't need Kadri out there playing defensively, against peoples top lines. Play him in the top 6 and let him be a terror in the other teams offensive zone.

Kulemin - grabovski - Kadri

That would be a line of heart, skill to put the puck in the net, and be defensively reliable enough for Kadri to truly become accustomed to the NHL.

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

Also would be amazing, but going to go ahead and say less likely.

HeroNtF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
What the? LR, I fixed it, not you!
you snooze you lose.

08-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
My fave is still his first shootout goal vs Thomas. Seriously, what an incredibly deft backhend. I believe Eakins was correct when he said that Kadri's skill wasn't just NHL level, it was high-end NHL skill. If he can put on good weight with Roberts, he should be primed and ready to go. Apparently Carylyle likes him unlike Ron WIlson, so that's a plus.

There's one person who has always believed in Nazem kadri....and that's Nazem Kadri.
tbh i feel like kadri is going to break out this season. Its almost cliche..

-no expectations on him
-wants to prove himself
-Strong offseason

The three key ingredients to a breakout year, and he has all three now.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Breakingbad28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
Just made a video with all of Nazem Kadri's goals in the NHL. Hope this kid goes far

thanks for the video but i wish you didn't put music and just kept the announcers voice.

Breakingbad28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Kirkpatrick

A couple of absolute beauties in the shootout against Thomas and Brodeur (and scoring on them in regulation, too!). I'm looking forward to him breaking out in the NHL.

Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

I would love the third line that we saw in the last game two seasons ago. As of right now (if JVR works out) I'd say our best forward lineup is:

Lupul - van Riemsdyk - Kessel
MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
Frattin - Bozak - Kadri
McClement - Steckel - Brown

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Hurt

Guys bashing him on music choice (even though it's not my type of music), it has to be appropriate for Forums (if he plans on posting it on here).

08-09-2012, 12:32 AM
catgoldfish

Guys got some slick hands........something we don't have on this team without him. He just needs to be with some players that can get him the puck.

catgoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
I would love the third line that we saw in the last game two seasons ago. As of right now (if JVR works out) I'd say our best forward lineup is:

Frattin - Bozak - Kadri
Getting JVR can change how our whole line up looks. Gotta like additions like that because it means you made an addition that belongs at the top of your lineup.

Carlyle has so many options now in my opinion. We already know he plans on trying JVR at center, but I personally don't think that will work out but he can still change how the whole line up works. I know Lupul and Kessel worked great together but there is still a chance JVR will have even better chemistry. If he has better chemistry then our #1 center spot is up for grabs again since we changed how it looks on the wings. Connolly could maybe work out all of a sudden again. If the chemistry all works out (big if), I would like to see a lineup like:

JVR - Connolly - Kessel (top line with 2 good goal scorers and a good playmaker, JVR and Connolly should improve the line defensively over Lupul and Bozak)
Lupul - Grabo - Kadri (sheltered scoring line that includes some players who play with that edge in Grabo and Kadri, wouldn't be an easy line to play against)
Bozak - McClemant - Kulemin (I heard Carlyle likes having 2 centers on the shutdown line so Bozak can move over to the wing, nobody on the line is overly physical but none are afraid to hit either. Everyone is solid defensively and includes Bozak and Kulemin who would be able to do a quick counter attack if the other team makes a mistake)

Bozak and Connolly could still switch though. Frattin could replace the 2nd center on the third line as well. A lot of line combinations for Carlyle to work out. Will be a very busy training camp.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:11 AM
glasses91

for some reason I like that top line?

Old
08-09-2012, 02:57 AM
rdawg1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post

Frattin - Bozak - Kadri
I like it for now BUT if JVR doesn't pan out at C, put him back on second line wing, trade Mac and give Kadri the third line spot. Mac is a decent piece in a package trade. Why not give him to vancouver as part of a deal for Luongo? all they have for a 2nd line winger is Mason Raymond, MacA could be a fringe 2nd/3rd liner for them and help out.

Either way Kadri needs to make the team, tired of having a talent like him sitting in the Marlies, he's seasoned enough IMO it's time to truly get a full season of Kadri and see what he can do. With 2nd/3rd line minutes i'd expect around 40-45 points from him this year, which is pretty solid for his first full year.

rdawg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote