HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Super Glide Rink

Old
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Welcome2Hell

vCash: 500
Super Glide Rink

Has anyone ever played on this? I'm thinking about getting a bunch of friends to buy this, but would rather get opinions first. I never heard of it and i'm pretty impressed with the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJJt0ajFzOo

Welcome2Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Hell View Post
Has anyone ever played on this? I'm thinking about getting a bunch of friends to buy this, but would rather get opinions first. I never heard of it and i'm pretty impressed with the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJJt0ajFzOo
I haven't, but from what I heard it's a pretty good alternative if you don't have any ice rinks close to you. Simulates ice pretty well, but has very little glide and as a result, eats away at your skate blades 4-5 times faster than ice. That's the only downside I can recall off the top of my head.

Wonder how much it is to assemble a mini rink of that size in your video though. You should get a quote first.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
I haven't, but from what I heard it's a pretty good alternative if you don't have any ice rinks close to you. Simulates ice pretty well, but has very little glide and as a result, eats away at your skate blades 4-5 times faster than ice. That's the only downside I can recall off the top of my head.

Wonder how much it is to assemble a mini rink of that size in your video though. You should get a quote first.
Thanks that was my biggest concern on how it wears away the blades.

Welcome2Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Hell View Post
Thanks that was my biggest concern on how it wears away the blades.
Let us know the quote and dimensions if you do decide to order it.

EDIT:

Global Synthetic Ice got back to my inquiry. They said a 28' by 56' rink is a tad over $20,000 with no additional cost. Guess it's worth it if you're really dedicated to hockey and got a couple of kids who play.

Last edited by Wilch: 08-09-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote