HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?

Old
08-09-2012, 02:09 AM
sba

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Horcoff fits Lindy's system.

Horcoff + Paajarvi

for

Leopold + Adam
I'd do this

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
I'd do this
Deal!

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:55 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Holy **** this is a bad trade.

Both teams get shafted here.

Yuck.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:55 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyKace View Post
Something is going to happen between these two in the next few days ... But I see it being ...

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

(Either combo would work I think)

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi
That seems like an overpayment from us IMO. Luke Adam would be a guy that I'd like to see coming back in the trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra La La View Post
Regehr and Luke Adam from the Buffalo end.
Now we're cooking with gas! I'd still be leery of moving Paajarvi at this point, but Adam coming back would ease my worries a bit as we could use a big 2-3 C on our club.

08-09-2012, 04:09 AM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Those 2 aren't worth anything near Myers. You want former Calder winning #1 dman? One of Hall, Eberle or RNH. And ain't no Myers + either, RNH has shown nothing to say he is worth more then Myers.
Oh please. RNH has way more value the Myers.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Tra La La

things that interest me from Edmonton paajarvi, or one of marincin,klefbom,musil,and 2013 first rounder. If I were talking to Edmonton those are things I'd be asking about. I do think something is doable between Buffalo and Edmonton

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:30 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
It is very realistic to see Buffalo and Edmonton making a trade. Edmonton needs defensive depth and Buffalo has it.

The target player would be RW Hemsky

Possibly for Sekera with other things thrown in.
There is zero chance buffalo traded for Hemsky....he wouldn't make it through his first practice with the team. Regher would put a Hemsky shaped hole in the boards in the first 5 minutes. He truely hates the guy. He has said in interviews that he sees Hemsky as a dirty player (his oppinion, expressly stated) and that he holds a grudge against him for cheapshotting him when they were both young.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:48 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleLeino View Post
not sure if srs?

Gagner is crap he got like 8 points in one game which inflated his stats....Sekera is a beast
So if one of your D men have a plus 5 game , his stats are inflated . Saying it so does not make its so . While we are at it why don't we take out his 4 point games as well . Lets remove Goalie,s stats to, when they go on a long shut out streak like when a goalie has 220 minutes of shut out hockey .
He put up those 8 points you can not just take them away . if we are lets add for his time it took him to fully recover from his injury . Fair is fair .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:07 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
So if one of your D men have a plus 5 game , his stats are inflated . Saying it so does not make its so . While we are at it why don't we take out his 4 point games as well . Lets remove Goalie,s stats to, when they go on a long shut out streak like when a goalie has 220 minutes of shut out hockey .
He put up those 8 points you can not just take them away . if we are lets add for his time it took him to fully recover from his injury . Fair is fair .
Sure he had an 8 point game. Insanely good game. Let's see him play that well for the other 81 games. Then it means something. While yes, it is an accomplishment that can't be ignored, it doesn't add much to his trade value unless he can do it consistently. To use your goalie example, let's say that Lunquist gets injured, and misses 6 games. Then the backup, Biron, comes in, and gets 4 shutouts. Does that mean Biron should be considered a starting goalie without a thought that he would return to his usual level of play? No. It means that he had a very good run of games, but unless it is demonstrated over a whole season, it doesn't do much to change that he is what he is, a backup veteran goalie.

Also please note I'm not calling Gagner crap. I like him, and I have wanted the sabres to aquire him for a while.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
There is zero chance buffalo traded for Hemsky....he wouldn't make it through his first practice with the team. Regher would put a Hemsky shaped hole in the boards in the first 5 minutes. He truely hates the guy. He has said in interviews that he sees Hemsky as a dirty player (his oppinion, expressly stated) and that he holds a grudge against him for cheapshotting him when they were both young.
Wait...what?!?! Regehr thinks Hemsky is a dirty player? Regehr tried in some instances to cripple or remove Hemsky from the game (there's a youtube where he locks his stick under Hemsky's helmet and pushes his head down so Hemksy hits the boards with the top of his head) but blames Hemsky for all the rough play between the two? Wow...talk about no regard for reaction to your own dirty plays lol

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:49 AM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Wait...what?!?! Regehr thinks Hemsky is a dirty player? Regehr tried in some instances to cripple or remove Hemsky from the game (there's a youtube where he locks his stick under Hemsky's helmet and pushes his head down so Hemksy hits the boards with the top of his head) but blames Hemsky for all the rough play between the two? Wow...talk about no regard for reaction to your own dirty plays lol
I had a whole post lined up as I searched Youtube for the clip I was looking for, but this video pretty well sums up the Hemsky-Regehr situation.

I'd think someone was a dirty player if me not crosschecking them illegally from behind ended in me having doo-doo all over my face too.

iCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:41 AM
tmack224

To Buffalo:
Teemu Hartikainen
Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:
Andrej Sekera
Luke Adam

Thats my guess

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Andyber118

The Oilers will not trade Nugent-Hopkins, he's able to be the points leader of the league one day. For Myers and Enroth, you can offer Gagne,Teubert and a draft pick but they let a same kind of center go with Roy....

Andyber118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyber118 View Post
The Oilers will not trade Nugent-Hopkins, he's able to be the points leader of the league one day. For Myers and Enroth, you can offer Gagne,Teubert and a draft pick but they let a same kind of center go with Roy....
BUF is not trading Myers for anything short of a star player. Suggesting him and RNH in proposals is not very realistic if you follow the 2 teams. Both are untouchables.

The Oilers finally filled the hole of #1C, (10+ years after D.Weight). No way they are going back to Gagner\Horcoff etc as top line C.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:30 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Please understand that I am just passing along Regehr's oppinion that he stated very clearly in an interview a few years back, when asked about it specifically. I personally have no oppinion on Hemsky as I don't watch too much of the Oilers...only when they play against buffalo. That post was 100% from a video of him talking about it that somebody posted around the time that we traded for him. I was just pointing out the level of hate that Regehr holds for Hemsky.

Again, I'm not saying Hemsky is or isn't dirty at all, just that Robyn Regehr thinks he is. I appologise if it sounded as if I was.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:19 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
I'd think someone was a dirty player if me not crosschecking them illegally from behind ended in me having doo-doo all over my face too.
One of the funniest calls I've heard

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That seems like an overpayment from us IMO. Luke Adam would be a guy that I'd like to see coming back in the trade.

Now we're cooking with gas! I'd still be leery of moving Paajarvi at this point, but Adam coming back would ease my worries a bit as we could use a big 2-3 C on our club.
Being big isnt everything.
Adam had less hits then the RNH last season and just a few more then Gagner.
Adam and Gagner are also the same age and Adam's faceoff % (44%) is much worse then Gagner (48%)..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:40 PM
pigpen65

Luke Adam is as soft as a player can possibly be. I think he's also much more talented than he's getting credit for though. He had like 20 points in his first 25 games last year playing on the Sabres top line. A very poor decision by Lindy Ruff to replace him on that line when Hecht returned to the lineup completely upset Adam's season, and he was never able to get it back, which now has his value in the dumps. But it's not a talent issue, it's just a confidence issue. he'll get it back, and he'll stop being included in all of these trade proposals as a throw in.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyber118 View Post

You can have Sekera for that package maybe. Not even ****ing close to getting Myers.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I know neither team wants to trade their young stars away, but basing it off of Eklund, albeit 99% not a true rumor, still opens some discussion. What do you think?

Notice: This is a Value of, not a Proposal so it is not being made as a realistic scenario, as each team would be filling a big hole but opening another.
Normally im not one of those guys who posts /thread but this proposal calls for it.

In 2001 the oilers traded Doug Weight (good guy didnt sign the offer sheet but told the team so they could trade him). Since then the team has been waiting for a first line center.

Thats 11 years waiting and it took finishing last overall to get him.

No hole is as hard to fill as a true first line center and because of that /thread

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Jamin

Quote:

Those 2 aren't worth anything near Myers. You want former Calder winning #1 dman? One of Hall, Eberle or RNH. And ain't no Myers + either, RNH has shown nothing to say he is worth more then Myers.
Lol good one

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:53 PM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
That looks reasonable. Leopold seems to be the most "replaceable" Sabres defenseman, since he is more of a catch-all than Regehr who has dedicated shutdown minutes and PK duty.

It's funny that everyone jumps to Nugent-Hopkins or Myers right off the bat, when it could very well be Gagner and Leopold.
That is what I've been hearing. Leopold for Gagner with picks or prospects filling out the trade.

This may or may not be related to then trading Ennis or Gagner to Anaheim for Ryan.

bullseyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post

You can have Sekera for that package maybe. Not even ****ing close to getting Myers.
No chance in hell they get Sekera for that. I'm only interested in trading him as part of a package for a bona-fide top line guy, and even then only if we have to. Sekera's a ****ing stud, so unless it's Sekera+ for on of Edmonton's big names, then no thanks. (And before anyone jumps on me, I know that Edmonton isn't going to trade those guys, so it's a moot point entirely).

Add that Sekera's contract is a huge steal right now...no. I would not trade Sekera for Gagner...rather wait, give Grigs/Girgs a couple years to develop, and hold on to Sekera.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Oh please. RNH has way more value the Myers.

Myers = Calder
RNH= No Calder

Myers scored 48 points as a rookie dman and took a non playoff team to a division champion his rookie season. RNH was so good last year he led the Oilers to another #1 pick

Myers > RNH

Oiler fans were talking 2 days ago thinking they could get Myers for MPS and Gagner

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra La La View Post
things that interest me from Edmonton paajarvi, or one of marincin,klefbom,musil,and 2013 first rounder. If I were talking to Edmonton those are things I'd be asking about. I do think something is doable between Buffalo and Edmonton
Paajarvi could be available although I'd prefer to keep him TBH. That said if we see Hemsky in our long term plans then there are no openings in the top 6 for him.

Marincin and Musil could be available if we get a really solid D in return, Klefbom and our 1st wouldn't be in play unless Myers was coming back, and there's a snowball's chance in hell that that would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
To Buffalo:
Teemu Hartikainen
Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:
Andrej Sekera
Luke Adam

Thats my guess
I honestly don't know much about Sekera, I didn't watch as much Sabres games last year as I did the previous 2 seasons. Hartikainen could be trade bait if we favor Paajarvi over him (IMO we do). Adam's size down the middle would be very welcomed. Again having not seen much of them last year, is Adam not very physical? My last real viewings of him was at the WJC's and IIRC he was a big body that took the body back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
That is what I've been hearing. Leopold for Gagner with picks or prospects filling out the trade.

This may or may not be related to then trading Ennis or Gagner to Anaheim for Ryan.
I would think that we'd have to see more coming back our way given the age differential between the two.

Quote:
Myers = Calder
RNH= No Calder

Myers scored 48 points as a rookie dman and took a non playoff team to a division champion his rookie season. RNH was so good last year he led the Oilers to another #1 pick

Myers > RNH

Oiler fans were talking 2 days ago thinking they could get Myers for MPS and Gagner
Myers is a great young player, no doubt, but he has yet to repeat that kind of a season offensively and has followed up that rookie season with 37 and 23 points (albeit in 55 games which would be good for a 34 point pace over 82 games) respectively. I don't think that his value is as high now as it was 2 years ago. Young forwards like RNH usually see their production continue to trend upwards in their 2nd and 3rd seasons. While I'd be happy to have both guys on my team, IMO you are underselling RNH here.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 08-09-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote