AIH: Historical Jets WHA/1.0/2.0 Record Book: Goals Scored

Old
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
AIH: Historical Jets WHA/1.0/2.0 Record Book: Goals Scored

Hey Guys,

I don't know who has or hasn't heard about the Complete Jets' Record Book that I have been piecing together. Long story short, I have been stacking numbers on top of numbers to compile a complete history of Winnipeg Jets statistics. I have placed all the WHA, Jets 1.0 and Jets 2.0 stats onto one data sheet and excluded what happened in Phoenix and Atlanta.

Be clear, this isn't an attempt to disregard or disrespect what happened in ATL, but simply to offer Winnipegers a stat sheet that reflects what they saw.

Anyways, I plan to slam out a handful of pieces analyzing where Current Jets would and may eventually rank in various statistical categories. I will compare their stat to the Official Atl/Jets 2.0 record book and relative to Historical Winnipeg Jets.

I put this together on Goals Scored: http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2012/...s-goals-scored

My question for yall is: What will be of greater interest to you guys?

Evander Kane or Bryan Little (Eventually) passing Vyacheslav Kozlov and moving into 2nd on the ATL all time list.

or

Kane or Little or whoever scoring his 148th goal to pass Teemu in Winnipeg specific record books.

Let me know what you think. If you think I am idiot, that's cool too.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:54 PM
astrobuck

Wow, Kovy and Hawerchuk had pretty close stats as far as goals go, wouldn't have thought that.
As a Thrashers' fan, the person I feel the worst for is Slava Kozlov. Had the Thrashers stayed in Atlanta, he probably would have gotten his number retired by them.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 08-09-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: OT
astrobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:08 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrobuck View Post
Wow, Kovy and Hawerchuk had pretty close stats as far as goals go, wouldn't have thought that.
As a Thrashers' fan, the person I feel the worst for is Slava Kozlov. Had the Thrashers stayed in Atlanta, he probably would have gotten his number retired by them.
Kovy was a beast! If you consider the difference in the eras, Kovi was probably the more dominant goal scorer (maybe the most dominant goal scorer in the history of either franchise). There was a lot more than goal scoring to Ducky's game though.

It sounds like Slava was a big time fan favorite in ATL and you are probably right, I don't know if he will ever be recognized in Winnipeg the way he would have been in Atlanta. This is an unfortunate by product of the team moving.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 08-09-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: qep
truck is offline   Reply With Quote