HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with Karaoke on Tuesdays!

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Kent C Tugood
Not Quite Dead Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningwood View Post
we just did our season ticket draft and I got first pick again, first game I took was New Years Eve( wife's b-day), then home opener, NYR,CBJ,BUF, OTT FLA, and EDM pre-season, pretty happy with the games I got, mostly Saturday afternoon games for the wife, might even get my 5 year old to her first game. Let's get this CBA BS over with
New Years, and Home Opener on the same draft? Not a bad pull. I do not think my draft will be so fortunate.

Old
08-08-2012, 12:12 AM
blues10

vCash: 500
Quote:
we just did our season ticket draft and I got first pick again, first game I took was New Years Eve( wife's b-day), then home opener, NYR,CBJ,BUF, OTT FLA, and EDM pre-season, pretty happy with the games I got, mostly Saturday afternoon games for the wife, might even get my 5 year old to her first game. Let's get this CBA BS over with
Very nice. No one can ever get the 1st pick in our draft 2 years in a row as we rotate yearly. 1st pick last season is last pick this year (4th) and the 2nd pick from last season moves to #1. 4 to 3, 3 to 2. Reverse order for playoff tickets. So if you have last pick in the regular season draft you get 1st pick for the playoffs. Obviously the person with the #1 playoff pick last season never got to use it.

OT - Rod Black sure enjoys when the USA wins medals. Could be the US's biggest cheerleader north of the border.

Old
08-08-2012, 01:07 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:

Our ticket group picked our draft order but I told them we will not draft actual games until the CBA is done because it would be a mess to deal with if any games are lost due to a lock out........so we will wait until the dust settles then everyone knows the games they pick are games they will actually get to attend

Old
08-08-2012, 09:01 AM
buggs
get off my lawn

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofarmer View Post
Just heard on NPR the other day that the awards are fully taxable down here and that medal winners are frequently when they jump several tax brackets. Story also mentioned that UK athletes get an exemption for their awards and that some politician here (Galifianakis?) is trying to introduce legislation for a similar exemption.
Thanks for the clarification on the US situation. $100K here would drop the athletes in the top tax bracket for Canada (well, Manitoba anyway) so no surprise to see the difference there as well.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Our ticket group picked our draft order but I told them we will not draft actual games until the CBA is done because it would be a mess to deal with if any games are lost due to a lock out........so we will wait until the dust settles then everyone knows the games they pick are games they will actually get to attend
We were willing to take our chances, but I imagine that a lot of groups will be waiting like yourself, if there is a lockout we will have to do this all over

Old
08-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
Very nice. No one can ever get the 1st pick in our draft 2 years in a row as we rotate yearly. 1st pick last season is last pick this year (4th) and the 2nd pick from last season moves to #1. 4 to 3, 3 to 2. Reverse order for playoff tickets. So if you have last pick in the regular season draft you get 1st pick for the playoffs. Obviously the person with the #1 playoff pick last season never got to use it.

OT - Rod Black sure enjoys when the USA wins medals. Could be the US's biggest cheerleader north of the border.
Even I thought it was unfair to give me the opportunity to get first pick again but I wasn't going to argue. JUst lucky I guess, not only that but the daughter of the main STH picked playoff order last spring and pulled my name as wellSo I'm gauranteed the first playoff game no matter what.

Old
08-08-2012, 10:51 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Ahh last day of my holidays damnit! Ah well one month till College Football and NFL starts! Hopefully NHL top but that does not seem likely

Old
08-08-2012, 02:01 PM
buggs
get off my lawn

Quote:
We were willing to take our chances, but I imagine that a lot of groups will be waiting like yourself, if there is a lockout we will have to do this all over
We'll probably do our draft ahead of time in early September. But we already have an agreement to re-draft with the same draft order if a lockout changes the schedule.

I'm curious to see what TNSE does with the tickets though. Will they send out "the box" again with the tickets ahead of time or will they wait until an agreement is signed? It's only ten days from the expiry of the current CBA until the first home preseason game.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:44 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Even I thought it was unfair to give me the opportunity to get first pick again but I wasn't going to argue. JUst lucky I guess, not only that but the daughter of the main STH picked playoff order last spring and pulled my name as wellSo I'm gauranteed the first playoff game no matter what.
My group picked awhile ago as well, and I managed to get NYE (always my first choice) as well, I picked first last year and 4th this year, but it was a snake draft so not a big problem. Got a Pens game for Crosby as well, Canucks, Habs, Leafs, Rangers, Flyers. Not bad overall. If there is a shortened season we'll just have to re-pick, not a big deal.

Old
08-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

i don't know if anyone noticed this...

You know how you can tell the team that won the Stanly cup is NOT in a hockey hotbed, or that the sport has suddenly gained relevance where it once had none?

The answer of course...is google:

Old
08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
videofarmer
thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
You know how you can tell the team that won the Stanly cup is NOT in a hockey hotbed, or that the sport has suddenly gained relevance where it once had none?

The answer of course...is google:

Old
08-09-2012, 09:55 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

So we won the bronze
good for those girls

Old
08-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
#FreeHutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
So we won the bronze
good for those girls
So happy for them. It's not the gold, but at least it's some recognition of their awesome effort.

Hope like hell they play a game in Winnipeg for the 2015 WC.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:47 AM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 880
outshot 25-5 but still pulled it off..

Proud of these ladies!

Old
08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
So we won the bronze
good for those girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
So happy for them. It's not the gold, but at least it's some recognition of their awesome effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
outshot 25-5 but still pulled it off..

Proud of these ladies!
The soccer gods evened things out for the girls and I am thrilled for them!! They were completely dominated today but Footie can be a cruel beast, today we were on the other side of the ledger.

Today was a big upset and a medal is a huge result for our girls.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:35 AM
buggs
get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
The soccer gods evened things out for the girls and I am thrilled for them!! They were completely dominated today but Footie can be a cruel beast, today we were on the other side of the ledger.

Today was a big upset and a medal is a huge result for our girls.
I actually feel bad for France as they legitimately outplayed our girls by quite a margin. But that was karma coming back for the Canadians who got hosed in the semi.

It will be interesting to see what FIFA does now that the match is over.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post

I hope we beat the USA to win the 2015 WC here in Canada, that would be EPIC

08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
I actually feel bad for France as they legitimately outplayed our girls by quite a margin. But that was karma coming back for the Canadians who got hosed in the semi.

It will be interesting to see what FIFA does now that the match is over.
To me it seemed like Canada was still rattled by what happened to them against the US. It's hard to get over something like that and I just think they still looked a little defeated out there. But I do agree it was almost like karma, and glad the women pulled it off.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

I know this really means nothing but we might have the ugliest prospects in hockey.

Sutter and Scheifele? One more uggo and we could form the 'woof' line

Old
08-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

NHL 13 presentation overhaul.

Have to admit this is looking really good. That broadcast camera makes it look quite real.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
puck stoppa

Glad to see the girls get a medal. When I was student teaching years ago, I remember Desiree Scott being in Grade 10 and walking cirlces around the boys during soccer in PE. I was thinking, who is this girl? Nice to see her make it to the Olympics and get a medal.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
NHL 13 presentation overhaul.

Have to admit this is looking really good. That broadcast camera makes it look quite real.

I have taken a couple year break from the franchise - got tired of all hype and then you play the game and it's essentially the same. I might pick this one up though.

The new Hitman game looks phenomenal too.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

John Herdman is awesome! I say we fire Noel and hire him - who cares if he knows anything about hockey

Old
08-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Wintersleep and Elliott Brood at the Garrick in November... YES!

Old
08-09-2012, 05:48 PM
turbodaze

Is this jersey fake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TANNER-GLASS...#ht_3422wt_932

I want to get a Winnipeg Jets jersey but I live in the USA. IS this real or fake? If it is, how much should I offer for it?

NOTE: it is signed...

Closed Thread