HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

[OFFICIAL] - Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2012, 02:43 PM
  #326
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Me to, I look forward to seeing Baertschi beat out Yakupov for the Calder!
^ This one.

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
  #327
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,648
vCash: 1220
I would not be surprised in the least if that happened. Baertschi is a legitimately awesome prospect. Hopefully he packs up and leaves after his ELC

5RingsAndABeer is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 08:17 PM
  #328
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I would not be surprised in the least if that happened. Baertschi is a legitimately awesome prospect. Hopefully he packs up and leaves after his ELC
I heard Hall is a Flames fan

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
  #329
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 50
Griffin Rienhart agrees to an ELC with the New York Islanders.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=639090

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM
  #330
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Griffin Rienhart agrees to an ELC with the New York Islanders.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=639090
I still think he was the best defenseman in this years draft I see a ton of D.Keith in him.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 04:51 PM
  #331
Bear61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I still think he was the best defenseman in this years draft I see a ton of D.Keith in him.
I would have to agree, I was hoping that we would trade up to draft him...

I also see some similarities with the Reinhart brothers and the Staal brothers...

Bear61 is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 02:05 AM
  #332
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
I really don't know where to ask it so **** it:

What would it take for Toronto to get JayBo? I think he'd be a good fixture alongside Dion. He's capable of eating up minutes it looks like and from Flames fan evaluations he's exactly what we'd need to go with Phaneuf.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 05:21 AM
  #333
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 50
I see a lot of Paul in Griffin

but seriously

Sean Monahan is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 05:56 PM
  #334
Bear61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
I really don't know where to ask it so **** it:

What would it take for Toronto to get JayBo? I think he'd be a good fixture alongside Dion. He's capable of eating up minutes it looks like and from Flames fan evaluations he's exactly what we'd need to go with Phaneuf.
For starters... The Leafs would have to take Stajan back...

Seriously though, there is a history of the Flames getting burned on trades with the Leafs, and I am sure Feaster is quite aware of that... He would not make another deal with Toronto that would repeat that trend...

While I agree that JBo could be a good pairing with Phaneuf, Burke is a shrewd trading partner, he usually comes out ahead (except with a certain Boston trade) and is not likely to give Calgary a good enough return to make a trade viable... I might be wrong, but I just can't see it happening...

Bear61 is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 09:12 AM
  #335
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
http://www.theschoolphilly.com/break...orn-achillies/

Meszaros had a torn achillies and just had surgery to fix it, this is the same injury that kept Zajac out for almost a year they may want another defenseman.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 11:24 AM
  #336
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
http://www.theschoolphilly.com/break...orn-achillies/

Meszaros had a torn achillies and just had surgery to fix it, this is the same injury that kept Zajac out for almost a year they may want another defenseman.
Bouwmeester's value is at all time high now.

I hope Feaster cash in on this

Sean Monahan is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 02:43 PM
  #337
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
Seriously the only guy I'd want out of Philly would be Couts, which I doubt will happen. Gus and a 1st would be ok, but still not enough to make me bite.

Johnny Hoxville is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 06:17 PM
  #338
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Bouwmeester's value is at all time high now.

I hope Feaster cash in on this
While it may be an all time high I am very skeptical of moving him as I think Hartley with do wonders with him and I doubt we can get a player to replace him.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 09:21 AM
  #339
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
not NHL related, but former Flames 1st rounder Jesper Mattson has retired. He was the 18th overall pick in the '93 draft.

Played for the Saint Johns Flames for 2 1/2 seasons before going back to Sweden. played a total of 753 SEL games in his career.

Fleury14 is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 03:41 PM
  #340
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,786
vCash: 67
Apparently Bettman is talking about a lock-out now. How do the owners justify shutting down the sport after it gained so much momentum over the past few years. Didn't they have a record audience during the playoffs?

MarkGio is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 05:18 PM
  #341
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
I think he was more just putting to bed the idea that the season could go on without a new CBA and continuing to play under the terms of the old CBA for the time being, as Fehr/the NHLPA had previously suggested.

Fleury14 is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM
  #342
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,304
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
I think he was more just putting to bed the idea that the season could go on without a new CBA and continuing to play under the terms of the old CBA for the time being, as Fehr/the NHLPA had previously suggested.
This. He just wants to clarify the magnitude of not having a new CBA going into the season.

I'd imagine it's partially due to that he couldn't implement a new CBA half way through the season

Janks is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 06:24 PM
  #343
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,786
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
This. He just wants to clarify the magnitude of not having a new CBA going into the season.

I'd imagine it's partially due to that he couldn't implement a new CBA half way through the season
They could play through the old CBA and then negotiate during the season, allowing for a solid, well negotiated CBA coming into the 13-14 season.

MarkGio is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
  #344
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
The owners are the idiots, they are the ones offering these ludicrous deals and then they turn around and complain about them. They will be really stupid if they let another lockout happen. The only thing the owners need protection from is themselves.

Johnny Hoxville is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 08:52 PM
  #345
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,786
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
The owners are the idiots, they are the ones offering these ludicrous deals and then they turn around and complain about them. They will be really stupid if they let another lockout happen. The only thing the owners need protection from is themselves.
I have no sympathy for the owners what so ever. If the players get locked out, I really hope they go over seas and continue their career. I'd rather watch the CHL than the owner's NHL. It would be a league built by greedy, petty children.

MarkGio is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 09:13 PM
  #346
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
Exactly, how can you feel sorry for the Kettle?

Johnny Hoxville is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 09:19 PM
  #347
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,288
vCash: 336
God I'll be so pissed if there is a full season lockout. **** that, **** the owners. Let em play. Hopefully they get it resolved soon, personally I'm thinking it will end up being a shortened season.. Although if I had it my way it would be done tomorrow and that's that lol

tmurfin is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 09:24 PM
  #348
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
God I'll be so pissed if there is a full season lockout. **** that, **** the owners. Let em play. Hopefully they get it resolved soon, personally I'm thinking it will end up being a shortened season.. Although if I had it my way it would be done tomorrow and that's that lol
If there is another lockout I won't "give up" on the nhl but instead of buying jerseys I will be buying more nfl stuff/ saving up to travel instead.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 10:06 PM
  #349
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,288
vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
If there is another lockout I won't "give up" on the nhl but instead of buying jerseys I will be buying more nfl stuff/ saving up to travel instead.
I won't give up either.. But I imagine I will be investing in a WHL online pass or whatever to get my fix lol

tmurfin is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 03:55 PM
  #350
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 50
According to TSN, the Oilers are close to re-signing Taylor Hall.

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.