HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Nice job Buddy.

Between getting married, having surgery and the Kings run, I have packed on 35 pounds in the last year or so. I am playing hockey twice a week as well but I seem to cancel out the calories I burn on the ice with a few beers after the game and eating some junk food because nothing is open later.

I started tracking my food again two weeks ago, eating much better and sure enough, I am almost 10 pounds lighter. Now I just have to get off my lazy ass and start exercising some more.

Old
08-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Diet is the most important part. If you pick up the exercise, the weight will just fall off even faster. You can exercise like a machine and if you are eating junk, you probably aren't going to lose that much weight. I guess I always realized diet was important but I just figured I'd have to make drastic changes to my lifestyle and while I have made changes, it isn't like I'm the juice man or anything. I just each<2000 calories (i'm 6 ft tall) of stuff not high in fat and loaded with sugar. I cut back the drinking but I still drink. When I drink, I drink whisky on the rocks and I try to exercise that morning in preparation. Just little things like that have made a huge difference.

Old
08-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Cutting back portion size was one of the biggest factors in me losing weight.
That and zero fast food

Old
08-07-2012, 11:14 PM
jml87

So... got into a car accident yesterday and totaled my car. I was headed down the highway in the passing lane and then all of the sudden, everyone in front of me hit the breaks. I couldn't stop and turned into the guardrail which turned out to be the best decision. I could've turned into the other lane into traffic or nailed the guy in front of me from behind and wrecked his car too. Thank God I turned left.

It really is an unspeakable feeling, like a dream as it's happening. The glass shattering and my small dog litterally went up onto the dashboard and rolled back down. I don't know how, but when everything stopped, me and my dog were completely fine. Guess it's a big testament to Honda. It was a five year old car that took all the damage and didn't leave a scatch on me.

Anyway, I made it out of the car on the passenger side after a few people helped stop traffic for me to cross the highway. The guy who I hit from behind had almost no damage to his car which is remarkable since my car looked like it had been hit by a truck. I'm happy to be ok, but still kind've sad that I lost my car. It was perfect for me and I'd just paid off the remaining money to own it. It was my first real car and the one I had in college and now it's gone.

My insurance will cover most of the payment in getting another car, but it's just so awful. I don't have a steady job right now, my parents are helping me pay for where I live. My car was the one thing I had that I could say was really mine and I really worked for. It just sucks.

Oh and also I had an old coin in my purse that I was planning to sell for some extra cash. It was worth like 100-500 dollars and I lost it somewhere in that crash, so yeah, not the best week for me.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:10 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I'm so glad that you and your dog are perfectly fine and that nobody else got hurt. While it's awful that your car got totaled, that's a trade that I would make every single time. Cars can be replaced, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

LOL. There is a volley ball player named "Destiny Hooker"

Old
08-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Old
08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
So... got into a car accident yesterday
I've been in probably close to ten car accidents now. I've honestly lost count. I know at least 2 in the past 3 years. Some more serious than others. The worst was a roll over on the highway where we flipped 3 times and landed on the roof. It was about as intense as an accident could be. After that, I never care when I get caught in traffic when there is an accident just as long as I'm not the person involved. We all walked away which was remarkable. I wish I still had a picture of the Ford Expedition I was in because the thing was a pancake. Believe me, I can relate to the hassle of car accidents but just be thankful nothing serious happened to you physically. Cars can and will be replaced.

Old
08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I've been in probably close to ten car accidents now. I've honestly lost count. I know at least 2 in the past 3 years. Some more serious than others. The worst was a roll over on the highway where we flipped 3 times and landed on the roof. It was about as intense as an accident could be. After that, I never care when I get caught in traffic when there is an accident just as long as I'm not the person involved. We all walked away which was remarkable. I wish I still had a picture of the Ford Expedition I was in because the thing was a pancake. Believe me, I can relate to the hassle of car accidents but just be thankful nothing serious happened to you physically. Cars can and will be replaced.
Yeah before it was towed away, I got a picture of it. Crazy enough, the policeman was able to drive it over to the side of the road. Pieces were falling off as he did but it was still functioning. I thought maybe they'd be able to fix it after I saw that but then they said the roof was bent which is pretty much the death sentence for cars.

My brother rolled his car a few years ago after slipping on some black ice. He totaled it too, but walked out without a scratch. We're very grateful that we've only needed to replace cars. I still can't believe my dog is fine after she flew around the car, but when it was over, she just looked at me like 'well, what did you do that for'

Old
08-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Was it just me or did I just feel an earthquake just a few minutes ago?

Old
08-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Sorry.. rolled over in bed. I'm in DTLA in a 52 story building and I felt it. Luckily I'm on the 3rd floor!

Old
08-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Sorry.. rolled over in bed. I'm in DTLA in a 52 story building and I felt it. Luckily I'm on the 3rd floor!
I remember being in my buddies high rise in San Diego during the huge quake in Baja a couple of years ago. He lives on the 28th story, it was terrifying.

Did you guys have an aftershock a little bit ago?

Old
08-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
I can't even imagine what it would be like being on the 52nd floor for something like that. I'm a month into my tenure in LA and this was my first experience feeling one...I felt it and a few of the aftershocks, but it wasn't much of anything.

4th floor of a 7 story building for the record.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
08-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

I wish I could get as excited as this guy about something.

Old
08-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I remember being in my buddies high rise in San Diego during the huge quake in Baja a couple of years ago. He lives on the 28th story, it was terrifying.

Did you guys have an aftershock a little bit ago?
Yeah it was really small. that's what she said..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I can't even imagine what it would be like being on the 52nd floor for something like that. I'm a month into my tenure in LA and this was my first experience feeling one...I felt it and a few of the aftershocks, but it wasn't much of anything.

4th floor of a 7 story building for the record.
Let me clarify, I was on the 3rd floor of a 52 story building. haha! It was pretty weak here too. The worst I've experienced on a high floor was a 5.0 a few years ago when I worked on the 25th floor of a building in DTLA.

Most EQ's are pretty uneventful. Even the big ones are over and done with in short time. The worst is when the start out slow and keep building because you are never sure how hard they are going to get. A typical response in LA is kinda like LA story, everyone just kinda looks at each other waiting for it to get worse and when it doesn't everyone just carries on. The complete opposite of what everyone has been trained to do. A few years ago I was in a two story office and a decent jolt hit and I flew under my desk like a little girl and everyone was laughing at me.

Old
08-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Let me clarify, I was on the 3rd floor of a 52 story building. haha! It was pretty weak here too. The worst I've experienced on a high floor was a 5.0 a few years ago when I worked on the 25th floor of a building in DTLA.

Most EQ's are pretty uneventful. Even the big ones are over and done with in short time. The worst is when the start out slow and keep building because you are never sure how hard they are going to get. A typical response in LA is kinda like LA story, everyone just kinda looks at each other waiting for it to get worse and when it doesn't everyone just carries on. The complete opposite of what everyone has been trained to do. A few years ago I was in a two story office and a decent jolt hit and I flew under my desk like a little girl and everyone was laughing at me.
Oh I understood what you said, I was just saying someone has to be up there and I couldn't imagine being that person.

Earthquakes are just so far out of my mind that I didn't even think about it until yesterday...I've had flooding, tornadoes, and weird once-a-century storms in Pittsburgh and...um...snow in Montana, but I've never lived anywhere near a fault line, so it's just one of those things I always tuned out. I think the most time I've ever spent thinking about one is the stretch of Simpsons commentaries where they recount going through the Northridge quake in '94.

It seems my reaction was pretty par for the course, though...I just stood there like...oh, so this is an earthquake...and then I went back to cooking.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

You are actually better off in most of the newer high rises should a real quake hit. The worst type of construction is a masonry building like a brick building or a combination of wood frame and masonry. Wood frame like a house is good because they'll move with the vibrations. The apartment buildings with tuck under parking are bad too.

But yeah, I had a friend out from Buffalo once and he nearly crapped his pants because if the shock if it. I guess the element of surprise is what gets to some people. I'd personally rather deal with that than blizzards, tornados and hurricanes that you know are coming but you never know quite how bad they'll be and they are more frequent.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Im sure this is old but it made me laugh when I saw it.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Basilisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
There were 3 out of Yorba Linda in a 12-hour span (4.5, 4.5, 3.6). Let's hope a "big one" doesn't happen out there. That place is in between 6-7 major cities.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

I'm gonna have a Netflix marathon. Can't decide between Lost and 24. My time is limited so it's gonna take a while before I finish the whole series. So, Lost or 24?

Old
08-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
Foodies In LA

Came across this food truck you all might want to try. So yummy and they change locations every week. Great lobster sandwhich or crab.

http://www.lobstatruck.com/

Old
08-18-2012, 08:18 AM
nocturn

Found this little jem on tubeyou. What a fantastic show.

I loved this show when I was a kid and its funny now to think I probably only 'got' about 10% of the comedy 35 years ago. Watching it now is seeing it for the first time through the eyes of an adult. So friggn funny...

Old
08-18-2012, 08:02 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
You are actually better off in most of the newer high rises should a real quake hit. The worst type of construction is a masonry building like a brick building or a combination of wood frame and masonry. Wood frame like a house is good because they'll move with the vibrations. The apartment buildings with tuck under parking are bad too.

But yeah, I had a friend out from Buffalo once and he nearly crapped his pants because if the shock if it. I guess the element of surprise is what gets to some people. I'd personally rather deal with that than blizzards, tornados and hurricanes that you know are coming but you never know quite how bad they'll be and they are more frequent.
I've only been to LA once in my life and wouldn't you know it, when I called home to my mom in Toronto she said we had an earthquake. I was pretty pissed.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Last edited by Gentle Ben Kenobi: 08-21-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Heidi and Frank (Minus Frosty) is going to be the new morning show on KLOS

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, August 20, 2012 - Cumulus Media's KLOS announces the return of the Heidi and Frank show to Los Angeles radio beginning September 4. The show will broadcast live Monday through Friday on KLOS from 6am to 10am PST.
"After a long and thoughtful search which overwhelmed us with great, established talent and new talent waiting to be discovered both in and out of radio, I couldn't be more pleased with the selection of The Heidi and Frank show to continue on the tradition that Mark and Brian set in place with 25 years of Hall of Fame radio,” said John Dickey, Co-COO of Cumulus Media.
The show features Heidi Hamilton and Frank Kramer. The Heidi and Frank show started their long successful run in LA as the top rated morning show on Star 98.7. CBS recognized their talent and broad appeal and hired them away to join a legendary cast of talent on the highly acclaimed 97.1 KLSX. They quickly found their voice among men and woman in LA and never looked back.
Following the success of their show on KLSX, The Heidi and Frank show grabbed an even larger stage by migrating over to the Internet. The Heidi and Frank show became the #1 paid subscriber-supported Internet show in America.
"KLOS is Rock. KLOS is the definitive iconic rock radio station in the World. It's one of those stations that evokes a feel good emotion while you're driving in you car. I'm beyond honored that Frank Kramer and I have been invited to become a part of something so legendary! The Heidi and Frank Show fans are second to NONE and I know they will be with us on this long fun ride together," said Host Heidi Hamilton.
"If it would have been any other station than KLOS, I would have said no. We have a huge following across the world and only a station as large and iconic as KLOS could lure us back to radio. To be given this opportunity is an honor and a privilege. With the continued support from my partner, Heidi Hamilton, and the fans that never left us, and the fans waiting for us to return, the next 25 years are going to be one hell of a ride," said Host Frank Kramer.
http://www.955klos.com//Article.asp?id=2516718

Closed Thread