HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Buff for ___ (all Byfuglien trade talk HERE)

Old
08-10-2012, 01:11 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Go look down the threads and read the statistical analysis thread. The biggest problem for Buff was that Enstrom was away from him for almost 20 games.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Daddy Longlegs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouRyanNash View Post
only good trade bait if he comes back to Chicago
Okay. Who from Chicago would come back in return?

Daddy Longlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

I hope he can stay in good shape. Other than that, I like the guy.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:27 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouRyanNash View Post
only good trade bait if he comes back to Chicago
We'll do Toews for Byfuglien straight up

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
We'll do Toews for Byfuglien straight up
Just about to say this lol.

I like Buff, but I'd like him alot more if he hit like he did in that game vs Columbus.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:17 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

There is better trade bait on this team then Buff.

His contract is not overly favorable to allot of teams.

Besides, I like what he brings to the Jets. I don't want to see him traded.
He is more valuable to us, then what he could get in a trade for him.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Crazed Fan

Love him. not everything, but he is a unique player and can put up a lot of points on a team that needs points.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:34 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
There is better trade bait on this team then Buff.

His contract is not overly favorable to allot of teams.

Besides, I like what he brings to the Jets. I don't want to see him traded.
He is more valuable to us, then what he could get in a trade for him.
Buff's contract isn't too bad.

$5.2 Mill is below what he would currently get on the open market.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:54 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
Okay. Who from Chicago would come back in return?
Trade him and Hainsey to Chicago at the Deadline......For wait for it........2013 1 st and 4 th round pick for Buff and 2014 2nd and 3 rd pick for Hainsy.......

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Bob E

A goal scoring winger would be nice.

Bobby Ryan?

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
I hope he can stay in good shape. Other than that, I like the guy.
I assume you mean get rather than stay......

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:40 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
A goal scoring winger would be nice.

Bobby Ryan?
Am I the only one who thinks the Jets are deeper at forward than they are on D this year. They can't afford to move a top4 D man at this point.

Old
08-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the Jets are deeper at forward than they are on D this year. They can't afford to move a top4 D man at this point.
nope i am in that boat.

Buff will only be expendable when we A) sign a dman [we're not likely to get one as good as him for his contract so that seems like a pointless option] or B) Bogosian steps up to take the #1 RHD Spot and Trouba steps up to fill the 2nd RHD spot.

Option A seems pointless and Option B is at least 2 seasons away ( more likely 4).

I don't want Postma, Redmond, or Stuart playing more then sheltered 3rd line minutes for at least another year either so I'm against trading Buff for depth reasons, not to mention I think he is horribly undervalued by some fans do to his "memorable" failures, which tends to blow them out of proportion.

If we WERE to trade Buff this year, I'd want a lesser NHL dman this year ( Someone at least as good as hainsy, preferably better) and good prospect back, not one high quality forward.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
nope i am in that boat.

Buff will only be expendable when we A) sign a dman [we're not likely to get one as good as him for his contract so that seems like a pointless option] or B) Bogosian steps up to take the #1 RHD Spot and Trouba steps up to fill the 2nd RHD spot.

Option A seems pointless and Option B is at least 2 seasons away ( more likely 4).

I don't want Postma, Redmond, or Stuart playing more then sheltered 3rd line minutes for at least another year either so I'm against trading Buff for depth reasons, not to mention I think he is horribly undervalued by some fans do to his "memorable" failures, which tends to blow them out of proportion.

If we WERE to trade Buff this year, I'd want a lesser NHL dman this year ( Someone at least as good as hainsy, preferably better) and good prospect back, not one high quality forward.

Stop answering for me!
I think one of Postma or Redmond could fill second spot in 2-3 years IF they develop to their full upside... hopefully one can because I don't see Trouba there (unsheltered top QoC minutes) for another 4 years at least.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:05 AM
EpicGingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I literally laughed when I saw the topic title as the most recently posted topic on the main board and felt the need to come in here and make sure you were all aware of my reaction.
I'm a Jets fan and I thought the same way...

If Byfuglien and Enstrom can stay together for the greater part of the year, which statistically is when they were better, then I have no problem keeping Buff here, and would rather him than Kane.

As of last year it's their D that needs the most improvement, and if he can (hopefully) make smarter decisions, which he had more of towards the end of the year, then I think he's a great asset due to his size, and the mould that TNSE wants to make.

EpicGingy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Yes, we do have forward depth. Though an upgrade in size, youth and skill would be nice, too. Jets are terribly thin at RW, though I agree, moving Buff solely for a forward does leave a BIG hole in our top 4.

I would say Buff is sticking around for a couple of years, though when Trouba is ready, I think he'll be moved.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:29 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Yes, we do have forward depth. Though an upgrade in size, youth and skill would be nice, too. Jets are terribly thin at RW, though I agree, moving Buff solely for a forward does leave a BIG hole in our top 4.

I would say Buff is sticking around for a couple of years, though when Trouba is ready, I think he'll be moved.
Hahah big.... lol
Our D will come a long way if all (or even some) of our top 4 play more than the 56-66 games they dressed for.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
nope i am in that boat.

Agree with both of your guys.

Buff has his warts, but he also brings a lot to the table. Trading him right now would create a bigger problem then it would solve unless we added to him and got a better defenseman in return.

I for one and not ready to give up on Buff after watching his game change throughout the season and hearing Noel say that Buff was on board with the coaching staff going into next year. Let's see what both Buff and Toby can do next year. Both seem to have their detractors, but both could come out and be much better next year.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Daddy Longlegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I honestly think we should trade Antropov and thorburn for Crosby and Malken. Let's at least try to get them
Although your trade proposal is obvious sarcasm, you should make sure to always use the sarcasm emoticon. I didn't the other day when I proposed buff+3rd for Stamkos+1st (obvious sarcasm) and had some regulars on here jump all over me for it?

Old
08-10-2012, 12:59 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Totally agree. I hear some much about this magical kool-aid, yet I haven't seen TNSE come out on many issues and express their POV, in fact TNSE is notorious for withholding the Kool-aid.
Don't you guys know there is a Kool Aid tap right at the statue of Timothy Eaton????

I stop by there every week for a drink of TNSE Koolaid - tastes great!

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Daddy Longlegs

Here are some trades I'd try to execute to move buff:

Buff+2nd for Marc staal

Buff+1st for Matt Duchene

Buff+1st or 2nd for Bobby Ryan

Buff+ scheifele + 1st for Tyler Seguin

Buff for Micheal Granlund

Buff for Travis Hamonic

Buff+ Scheilele+? pick for Logan Couture

Buff + scheifele + 3rd for Dougie Hamilton (and we could have just taken him straight up instead of
Scheifele)

There may be a couple more. But that's what I deem my "semi-realistic wish list for Dustin Byfuglien. And if you haven't guessed by now, scheifele doesn't blow my hair back either.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Here are some trades I'd try to execute to move buff:

Buff+2nd for Marc staal

Buff+1st for Matt Duchene

Buff+1st or 2nd for Bobby Ryan

Buff+ scheifele + 1st for Tyler Seguin

Buff for Micheal Granlund

Buff for Travis Hamonic

Buff+ Scheilele+? pick for Logan Couture

Buff + scheifele + 3rd for Dougie Hamilton (and we could have just taken him straight up instead of
Scheifele)

There may be a couple more. But that's what I deem my "semi-realistic wish list for Dustin Byfuglien. And if you haven't guessed by now, scheifele doesn't blow my hair back either.

I am very excited that you aren't running the team. Most of these trades look like train wrecks. You repeatedly have the wrong team adding.

I said before that I think trading Buff at this point would be a bad move, especially if you trade him for players that could be had far cheaper. Like him or not, Buff is a 1st pairing D and one of the best offensive D men in the league. He would hold HUGE value if traded.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Daddy Longlegs

Quote:
I am very excited that you aren't running the team. Most of these trades look like train wrecks. You repeatedly have the wrong team adding.

I said before that I think trading Buff at this point would be a bad move, especially if you trade him for players that could be had far cheaper. Like him or not, Buff is a 1st pairing D and one of the best offensive D men in the league. He would hold HUGE value if traded.
So it sounds like you are saying that I under-estimated Buffs value? Okay, weather you want to trade him or not, throw me a couple of buff trades that YOU think are fair value.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Pretty much this.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:53 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
So it sounds like you are saying that I under-estimated Buffs value? Okay, weather you want to trade him or not, throw me a couple of buff trades that YOU think are fair value.
I will not as I don't think it would be wise to trade him and I find hypothetical trades about players that aren't known to be on the trade block to be a waste of time.