Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

ORL/PHI/DEN/LAL blockbuster (2012)

Old
08-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Starsfan24
Let's Go Cubbies

vCash: 500
I know it says he won't re-sign till after the season, but IDK we would've traded for him if he wasn't going to.

Starsfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:23 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Lakers are loaded !!!

I think they'll win the NBA.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
kanuck87

Next move for the Lakers is to trade Gasol for 2 or 3 solid depth players. The bench with Jamison won't hold up. Would love to see Pau traded to the Rockets for a package that includes Kevin Martin and two of their young players ( Lamb and Terrence Jones maybe). The Rockets would do well to pair him Jeremy Lin up with an elite big man.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:31 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
Next move for the Lakers is to trade Gasol for 2 or 3 solid depth players. The bench with Jamison won't hold up. Would love to see Pau traded to the Rockets for a package that includes Kevin Martin and two of their young players ( Lamb and Terrence Jones maybe). The Rockets would do well to pair him Jeremy Lin up with an elite big man.
Would Bryant, Nash and Howard be enough to dethrone the Heat ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

http://twitter.com/RobMaher/statuses/233781019872997376
Quote:
A lot of Cowboys fans are excited tonight about the Lakers getting Dwight Howard.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Bryant, Nash, Howard as the star players. Jamison, Artest, Martin as main role players. Enough to dethrone them, imo.

The Lakers absolutely need a guy like Martin. He's a deadeye shooter who will stretch the defense if they double team Howard or Bryant.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:46 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

Quote:
there is a reason they play the games instead of crowning favs. anything can happen and there is a long road ahead for both sides before wondering too much.

KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:06 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Mike Brown is still the coach :-)

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Glad the saga is over, unreal the Magic lost two monster players to the Lakers, but I like the return...I think. think little to nothing of Howard, but whatever, I'm not a basketball fan.

08-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Bryant, Nash, Howard, and Gasol won't even be enough to dethrone the Heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
there is a reason they play the games instead of crowning favs. anything can happen and there is a long road ahead for both sides before wondering too much.
There is a long road ahead because there are still 82 regular season games and a bunch of playoff games to play but I think that road will be pretty easy for Miami. Boston is the only team that is even somewhat close to Miami and Miami has beaten the last two years. They'll be in the finals.

It's a bit tougher for LA because they have to go through OKC in the West.

Anything can happen but there are only a couple of teams that can win it all in the NBA.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:51 AM
kanuck87

With Bryant, Nash, Gasol and Howard, there likely isn't enough lineup flexibility. Sub in someone like Martin for Gasol, and it gives the Lakers tons of flexibility. Imagine both Kobe and Nash on the bench. Brown could roll out a lineup of Blake, Martin, Artest, Jamison and Howard. It's still a very solid lineup with two of their stars on the bench. Run the offense through Howard, and surround him with some decent shooters. It'll be like shootaround. Open looks everywhere.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:00 AM
KaylaJ
I like stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
There is a long road ahead because there are still 82 regular season games and a bunch of playoff games to play but I think that road will be pretty easy for Miami. Boston is the only team that is even somewhat close to Miami and Miami has beaten the last two years. They'll be in the finals.

It's a bit tougher for LA because they have to go through OKC in the West.

Anything can happen but there are only a couple of teams that can win it all in the NBA.
Miami just has to stay the course, but also not get too static. Their questions will be more like Bosh & Wade coming back from surgery, Lebron's long summer, and of course Allen's spot.

LA though is gonna be like Miami was. Who is gonna be who (i.e. who do you give the ball to in the closing seconds, learning the game plan, Brown making them all happy), dealing with Kobe's long summer and Nash's bad back all along while dealing with the rest of the West.

But then again, crazier things have happened...

KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:14 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Miami just has to stay the course, but also not get too static. Their questions will be more like Bosh & Wade coming back from surgery, Lebron's long summer, and of course Allen's spot.

LA though is gonna be like Miami was. Who is gonna be who (i.e. who do you give the ball to in the closing seconds, learning the game plan, Brown making them all happy), dealing with Kobe's long summer and Nash's bad back all along while dealing with the rest of the West.

Who do you give the ball to in the closing seconds? The same guy you've been giving the ball to for the last 10+ years and won 5 championships with. I think Nash and Howard will understand that. Finding everyone a clear-role in both th eoffense and the defense, now, that's a challenge.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Aerolanche

Quote:

Really?

08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Nalyd Psycho

Howards actually never been comfortable as the crunch time scorer. Hedo took care of that. The key is keeping Howard involved the rest of the game without pissing Kobe off.

Having Nash really makes it all simpler though.

08-10-2012, 01:35 AM
kanuck87

Why would you give Howard the ball anyways? The other team would probably foul him and force him to make two FTs to tie the game.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:32 AM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:

Really nice trade all around, each team gets benefits. Lakers team is crazy as hell, run the pick and roll with Howard being your go-to big guy and Nash being the distributer. Gotta like what Sixers did too, replacing Iguodala with a potential franchise player in Bynum. Hell, even Nuggets made out well with an underrated player in Iguodala.

JS19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:49 AM
davebenj

Ugh, I think I'm sick

davebenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

LOL. Magic getting screwed.

The Nets deal was the best out there.

So now:

LA gives up Bynum, Howard goes to LA and both walk after the season!

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan24 View Post
I know it says he won't re-sign till after the season, but IDK we would've traded for him if he wasn't going to.
He'll go to BK and Bynum will come back to LA

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:25 AM
RayLeeCharles

I do see making the finals, Kobe is aging rapidly. Nashs' playstyle might not mesh with Kobe. Howard has never been a player I would want to count in when it matters and he is coming off back surgery.

Will be interesting to watch. Can Orlando be contracted now or sent to Seattle with a new management team

RayLeeCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

This whole thing reminds me of that "Big 4" talk with the Lakers some years ago. They got Payton and Malone and that was supposed to guarantee a title. Obviously adding Howard >>>> adding an aging Malone and Payton, but the window for this team to win is tight. If there is no title in the first couple of years, I could see Howard watching Nash and Kobe on the way out and trying to push his way out again.

Despite my skepticism, I really hope this team can stop another Miami championship. If theyre all thats standing in the way of that, then god bless them.

And once again, Kupchack and the Lakers con another horrible GM and moribund franchise to build a championship contender. I feel so sorry for Magic fans that THIS is the best possible result for them.

Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:06 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Feels too much like what they did with Malone...

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

The NBA should just skip the season and start with the Conference Finals. It'll save time and energy.

Lakers vs. Thunder and Heat vs. some jobber team drawn out of a hat.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:46 AM
RECsGuy*

LeBron James: 27
Chris Bosh: 28
Dwyane Wade: 30
Ray Allen: 37

Plus: Shane Battier, Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis, James Jones, Joel Anthony

Kobe Bryant: 34
Steve Nash: 38
Dwight Howard: 26
Pau Gasol: 32

Plus: Antawn Jamison, Ron Artest

Take down the Heat? The Lakers' old, no-depth roster won't even be able to stay with the Thunder. May not even take down the Spurs or Mavericks. The West is damn good.

The window for that Lakers squad is 2 years max, which is the same timeframe young squads like OKC, Denver, LAC, Memphis, etc. are entering their primes.

Lakers will deal off Gasol and Artest for depth. Only way it extends LA's window.

BTW, Mitch Kupchak, thank you for keeping DH out of NJ. DH, Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson was a scarier proposition.

RECsGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote