HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Parks & Rec Season Premiere ^_^

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66871 View Post
I loved the first and second Bourne movies. Even the third one was pretty good. But it seems like they are just rehashing the same plot. Not sure I can sit through another one.
ill rent it most likely. I like Renner.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
ill rent it most likely. I like Renner.
i take it you've seen this.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:41 PM
invictus

I dislike Renner. I think because of how much I hated The Hurt Locker and how overrated it was.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
I dislike Renner. I think because of how much I hated The Hurt Locker and how overrated it was.
I thought it was solid but ya, overrated. I don't think that's his fault. I like him when he does interviews and stuff though. He was living in gutted houses while he and a friend bought them, redid them and flipped them during the production of that movie. He had a gym membership because his house didn't have running water.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
i take it you've seen this.
I hadn't seen that no. He was in a pretty terrible aquafina commercial.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:20 PM
invictus

Quote:
fun fact: Tom Brady, Barry Bonds and Lynn Swann all graduated from the same high school. my high school's rival.
Did your school produce anyone of note?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I thought it was solid but ya, overrated. I don't think that's his fault. I like him when he does interviews and stuff though. He was living in gutted houses while he and a friend bought them, redid them and flipped them during the production of that movie. He had a gym membership because his house didn't have running water.
Yeah, it definitely isn't his fault. But, much like in sports, I give myself a pass on irrationally disliking famous people

Old
08-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Did your school produce anyone of note?
Daniel Descalso on the St. Louis Cards.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

Yeah, it definitely isn't his fault. But, much like in sports, I give myself a pass on irrationally disliking famous people
completely acceptable.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:37 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Filling forms out electronically is a massive pain in the ass.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
08-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Daniel Descalso on the St. Louis Cards.
So no?
Mine produced swin cash

Old
08-09-2012, 10:40 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Old
08-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

Holy **** the that Dwight Howard trade is insane. The gotta be a record kind of move with how big it is and how many teams are involved. The lakers are stacked as **** now.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post

Lil Wayne is pretty talented actually. This just sounds like a case of "the music I like is better than the music you make so f off". Aren't you the dub step guy?

Old
08-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Lil Wayne is pretty talented actually. This just sounds like a case of "the music I like is better than the music you make so f off". Aren't you the dub step guy?
oh I miss the Lil Wayne battles I heard all the time teaching in Pittsburgh. Half of them love him the other half say he's terrible. I was just happy to hear that thinking Eminem is the best rapper is reasonable and doesn't make me a racist

Old
08-10-2012, 09:54 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Dubstep? No no. I like all Electronic music. Lil Wayne talented? His lyrics are complete ****.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:25 AM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Dubstep? No no. I like all Electronic music. Lil Wayne talented? His lyrics are complete ****.
You don't become one of the most successful musical artists ever without being talented. Whether you like the guy or not, there is no denying he is talented and has worked very hard. Plain and simple. He's worth about $95M, so I'd say he has done quite well for himself.

Just because you don't like a certain kind of music doesn't mean that everyone else should have that belief.

Music taste is subjective at the end of the day.

That person who got all those "likes" on Facebook for posting the diatribe against Nicki Minaj? To them, it's probably the highlight of their life.

To Nicki Minaj? She is busy inking multi-million dollar sponsorship deals with Pepsi, raking in millions of dollars per year, and boarding a lot of private jets. I think she'll just be fine.

Last edited by cassius: 08-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old
08-10-2012, 10:32 AM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
You don't become one of the most successful musical artists ever without being talented. Whether you like the guy or not, there is no denying he is talented and has worked very hard. Plain and simple.

Just because you don't like a certain kind of music doesn't mean that everyone else should have that belief.

That person who got all those "likes" on Facebook for posting the diatribe against Nicki Minaj? To them, it's probably the highlight of their life.

To Nicki Minaj? She is busy inking multi-million dollar sponsorship deals with Pepsi, raking in millions of dollars per year, and boarding a lot of private jets. I think she'll just be fine.
Just because someone is popular (Lil Wayne) doesn't make them any good.

Gangstarr (Guru), Most members of the Wu Tang, Biggie, Eminem, Big L, Nas, AZ, Slug, Biggie, Pac, Big Pun, etc. These are all talented lyricists. Lil Wayne? Lol...Doesn't even belong in the same conversation. I'd even throw Styles P into the conversation of rappers who make Lil wayne look like a joke.

He's mainstream garbage.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
Just because someone is popular (Lil Wayne) doesn't make them any good.

Gangstarr (Guru), Most members of the Wu Tang, Biggie, Eminem, Big L, Nas, AZ, Slug, Biggie, Pac, Big Pun, etc. These are all talented lyricists. Lil Wayne? Lol...Doesn't even belong in the same conversation. I'd even throw Styles P into the conversation of rappers who make Lil wayne look like a joke.

He's mainstream garbage.
People like different music styles... and just because you don't like certain music artists doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. At the end of the day, taste in music is all subjective.

People like different stuff. I really don't know what else to say.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
KapG

Quote:
People like different music styles... and just because you don't like certain music artists doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. At the end of the day, taste in music is all subjective.

People like different stuff. I really don't know what else to say.
aboslutely, I agree.

I am still of the opinion that Lil Wayne is garbage though, lol.

No offense is meant.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:14 AM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
aboslutely, I agree.

I am still of the opinion that Lil Wayne is garbage though, lol.

No offense is meant.
Yeah I agree he's pretty horrible too... that rap-rock album was one of the godawful things ever.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:39 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
You don't become one of the most successful musical artists ever without being talented. Whether you like the guy or not, there is no denying he is talented and has worked very hard. Plain and simple. He's worth about $95M, so I'd say he has done quite well for himself.

I really don't care how much he's worth, the guy writes absolute **** lyrics and can't sing worth a damn. Here's a portion of his song A Milli

Iíma millionaire
Iím a young money millionaire, tougher than Nigerian hair
My criteria compared to your career just isnít fair
Iíma venereal disease like a menstrual bleed

Threw the pencil and leak the sheet of the tablet in my mind
Cuz I donít write **** cuz I ainít got time
Cuz my seconds, minutes, hours go to the all mighty dollar
And the all mighty power of dat chit cha cha chopper

LIL WAYNE - A MILLI LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/a-milli-lyrics-lil wayne.html#ixzz23A6pPdUn

That's just ****.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

I can't believe people are saying Lil Wayne is talented, and that success = talent.

This thread took a swan dive into a pile of horse ****.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:51 AM
End of Line
Human After All

If you want to hear good Hip-Hop, this is someone I graduated with and is brilliant. I usually loathe Hip-Hop but this is great.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:53 AM
johnniewalker

Lil Wayne is awful. Hip hop has taken such a nosedive in the past decade. It's terrible.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Shady Machine

Dang haha I didn't mean to blow up this thread. I used to be a pretty big music snob. I still dislike most mainstream music because many of them aren't talented lyricists or vocalists. Many have co-writers or don't write any of their music. However, as I've aged I realize how pointless of an argument it is so make fun of other people for liking certain music or bashing artists who I think aren't talented.

I never said Lil Wayne is a talented lyricist but he has talent. It takes talent as a performer to make it in the mainstream and stay there. He may not have nearly as intricate, intelligent, or impressive lyrics as many underground hip hop artists, but it's not like he is a one hit wonder or acclaimed fame through youtube like the Call Me Maybe girl for example.

Most mainstream pop music is very much about image and flashy, easy to digest lyrics and sounds. I don't care for it but I understand why people like it and I guess I just don't see the point in ****ing about it. What would be better would be to show people good pop music with meaningful lyrics, messages, etc.

I also used to get pissed when bands I liked made it to the mainstream. I'd call them sell outs and move on. But now I see that is the only way "good music" from my perspective gets to other people. Take for example the band Fun. I have been listening to Nate Reuss (lead singer) for nearly 10 years. I loved the Format (his old band) and used to go to shows with 30-40 people. He put out 4 awesome records IMO and finally, because of a Glee cover, they are all over the radio (the song is "We Are Young").

I still find myself getting annoyed when people are like "OMG I love this new band Fun." but what good does that do? Music means different things to different people. We should embrace what we like and educate others on finding new bands or artists that promote meaningful subject matter.

As far as the role model thing goes I definitely agree that most pop artists are bad role models. They should be held accountable, but it's really up to parents to educate their children on what's important. I know when I'm a dad some day, I sure as hell won't be letting my son or daughter walk around singing Keisha or Lil Wayne.

Closed Thread