HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread - Part II

Old
08-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
Thank you so much, I went with Josi after all and am pretty happy. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season, he's going to be a real solid player for you guys!

And thank you for the hospitality I've always had a soft spot for the Preds and this offseason has brought me even closer with you folks.
I'd keep an eye on Ryan Ellis as well. He's liable to get much more PP time with Suter gone, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up with more points than Klein or Blum.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I'd keep an eye on Ryan Ellis as well. He's liable to get much more PP time with Suter gone, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up with more points than Klein or Blum.
Unfortunately Ellis had already been chosen otherwise I would have probably taken him.

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:22 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Unfortunately Ellis had already been chosen otherwise I would have probably taken him.
Don't fret. Josi is already a stud. He can only get better with a partner like Weber. Trotz already said him and Weber will be paired up during training camp.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:05 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Your avatar is hilarious

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Finnpin

Your camp invitee hungarian goalie Zoltan Hetenyi have signed a deal with Milwaukee. He is a great guy and a huge fan favourite even only beeing here for 1 year.

Jokerit Helsinki --> Milwaukee Admirals

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Your camp invitee hungarian goalie Zoltan Hetenyi have signed a deal with Milwaukee.

YES! Saw this guy at prospect camp and have been talking him up like crazy ever since (see the prospect camp thread or "ads to watch" thread). He was easily the best goalie at prospects camp. Blew Hellberg out of the water.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Finnpin

He has improved in one year a lot but is still raw...so there is still room for improvement. Zoltan is excited to go in Milwaukee and hopefully they treat him well there.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
He has improved in one year a lot but is still raw...so there is still room for improvement. Zoltan is excited to go in Milwaukee.
He definetly looked unrefined, but that is what Mitch Korn is for. He reminded my (style-wise) of Tim Thomas. A little bit small, but played an incredibly aggressive game. Challenged every shot in a big way, lots of poke checks, etc. He went into the trapazoid about three times in a 40 minute scrimmage so we need to clear that up

Old
08-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Your camp invitee hungarian goalie Zoltan Hetenyi have signed a deal with Milwaukee. He is a great guy and a huge fan favourite even only beeing here for 1 year.

Is there a source on that? Hetenyi signed a one-year extension in SM-liiga back in May. I can't find anything on a deal with Milwaukee yet.

If so, I'd suspect that Smith is locked in as the No. 1 in Milwaukee and they are looking to split Hetenyi and Hellburg this season as No. 2 in Milwaukee and No. 1 in Cincinnati...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Is there a source on that? Hetenyi signed a one-year extension in SM-liiga back in May. I can't find anything on a deal with Milwaukee yet.

If so, I'd suspect that Smith is locked in as the No. 1 in Milwaukee and they are looking to split Hetenyi and Hellburg this season as No. 2 in Milwaukee and No. 1 in Cincinnati...
What happened to Engren?

I can't find a source yet either, but it'd make sense to send Pickard over before signing him. Those pieces seem to fit.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

Jokerit website:

http://www.jokerit.com/uutiset/?nid=1906

Old
08-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Top 6 Spaling

And Jokerit twitter. I can't read Finnish, but I see the works "Hetenyi" "AHL" and "Milwaukee Admiralsin"

https://twitter.com/jokerithc/status/233946128939376640

And now Josh Cooper reports the Ads sign Hetenyi and Foss. This is legit.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Seth Lake

Thanks! I searched Google News and came up with the links as well.

Josh Cooper has it up on his blog on the TNn too now.

Looks like an AHL deal since it was announced by Milwaukee.

Jeff Foss was also signed by the Ads this morning as well. He spent time shuttling between Milwaukee and Cincinnati last season.

Hellberg will have the upper hand with an NHL deal, but will likely be asked to prove himself as well. Should be an interesting competition...

Old
08-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
What happened to Engren?

I can't find a source yet either, but it'd make sense to send Pickard over before signing him. Those pieces seem to fit.
As an RFA this summer, Engren returned to his SM-liiga team on a two-year contract. He is still Predators property, but is not available for the next year at least...

Old
08-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Finnpin

Zoltan is also followed in Hungary

http://sport.hir24.hu/jegkorong/2012...lon-folytatja/
http://www.nemzetisport.hu/jegkorong...ytatja-2162485
http://www.telesport.hu/Hirek/2012/0...folytatja.aspx
http://aspiler.blog.nepsport.hu/arch...li_az_AHL-ben/

Old
08-10-2012, 11:48 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

It still looks like Detroit is the front runner for JBo, however, Preds are mentioned as having interest as well.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20088051.html

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
It still looks like Detroit is the front runner for JBo, however, Preds are mentioned as having interest as well.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20088051.html
I want to see this happen.

The downgrade from Suter to JBo will be more than offset by the kids on the roster getting a year of experience, and we'll have a better team than we did last year, IMHO.

I wonder if he's waive his NTC to come to Nashville? He played in Florida for so long, I don't know if he'd be adverse to a non-traditional market.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
He has improved in one year a lot but is still raw...so there is still room for improvement. Zoltan is excited to go in Milwaukee and hopefully they treat him well there.
Zoltan

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I wonder if he's waive his NTC to come to Nashville? He played in Florida for so long, I don't know if he'd be adverse to a non-traditional market.
More importantly, he wouldn't be playing for Calgary anymore. That team is a sinking ship...

Old
08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I want to see this happen.

The downgrade from Suter to JBo will be more than offset by the kids on the roster getting a year of experience, and we'll have a better team than we did last year, IMHO.

If I were him, and interested in winning, I'd waive the NTC for Nashville without blinking an eye. Now if he's content on playing in Canada and simply getting a paycheck, that's another matter. I'd be all for trying to acquire JBo for the right price. From what I gather, a respectable asking price would be something along the lines of a 2nd round pick and a either good prospect or a capable/warm body defenseman.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
If I were him, and interested in winning, I'd waive the NTC for Nashville without blinking an eye. Now if he's content on playing in Canada and simply getting a paycheck, that's another matter. I'd be all for trying to acquire JBo for the right price. From what I gather, a respectable asking price would be something along the lines of a 2nd round pick and a either good prospect or a capable/warm body defenseman.
In a vacuum, that might get him, but not in real life. It's all about supply and demand. JBO is a respectable #2D or an elite #3D. There are a ton of teams that will want him, especially with the cap rising. Everyone has space, and everyone could use a guy of his skill set.

With Mez and Pronger likely out, Philly will make a run. Detroit is rumored to be involved, as they should. If he'd waive, I could see Edmonton getting in the mix. I'm not sure he is what Pitt needs on defense, but they have 9mil in cap space, and he would make their team better. San Jose has to be getting sick of 1st round exits, and a Burns-JBO pairing would look awfully good.

Bottom line is that the Flames are in a sellers market. JBO and Yandle are the only two players even close to top two defenseman available, so lots of teams will bid. It is going to take Blum+1st easily.

Old
08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
In a vacuum, that might get him, but not in real life. It's all about supply and demand. JBO is a respectable #2D or an elite #3D. There are a ton of teams that will want him, especially with the cap rising. Everyone has space, and everyone could use a guy of his skill set.

With Mez and Pronger likely out, Philly will make a run. Detroit is rumored to be involved, as they should. If he'd waive, I could see Edmonton getting in the mix. I'm not sure he is what Pitt needs on defense, but they have 9mil in cap space, and he would make their team better. San Jose has to be getting sick of 1st round exits, and a Burns-JBO pairing would look awfully good.

Bottom line is that the Flames are in a sellers market. JBO and Yandle are the only two players even close to top two defenseman available, so lots of teams will bid. It is going to take Blum+1st easily.
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the type of value they receive. It just smells like one of those deals where you wake up next to a lady you picked up at an expensive bar and think to yourself, "Uh oh, what did I do?", "I spent how much?....". There's no doubt it's a sellers market for top 4 defenseman, but he's certainly not worth what the end result will be. Then again, look what Nash got.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the type of value they receive. It just smells like one of those deals where you wake up next to a lady you picked up at an expensive bar and think to yourself, "Uh oh, what did I do?", "I spent how much?....". There's no doubt it's a sellers market for top 4 defenseman, but he's certainly not worth what the end result will be. Then again, look what Nash got.
Nash handcuffed them by limiting trade partners. Who knows, JBO could do that same.

I'm not saying I would or wouldn't pay that price, I'm saying someone will pay that (or more), so we have to be prepared to give it if he want him.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:06 AM
token grinder

philly will not offer blum and a second type package bc they dont have that. to top that they offer up a forward with the initials SC or BS

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:01 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
Zoltan

shibby!
How did everyone miss that?

The Pirates have been using that for most of the season. If you watch a game and something good happens you will see them flashing the "Z" and the fans really love it as well.

As someone that is 1/2 Hungarian, it is awesome we have someone from Hungary in camp! I missed the development camp so I can't wait for camp to open to see him.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote