HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?

Old
08-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Wheatking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Agreed, we've been lacking a true 1C for what seems like forever, I'd hate to give him up. That said Myers is a beast, and if he is finding his physical game that makes him all the more valuable.
I think you're being a little to polite just so Sabres fans don't jump all over you. Whether it's due to slow starts or injuries, the fact is that Myers is a 35 point/22 minute a night Dman that had a great rookie season. He's only 22 years old and there is a ton of potential to do more but he has to prove it. He's had back to back seasons that have been very average(with some good stretches).

RNH is a 1st overall pick that was at a point per game for the majority of the season while being physically not NHL ready at 18 years old. He's already a #1 center and unless someone unexpected happens, he should be a more valuable player than Myers the rest of their careers. Myers is good but he's not Doughty, Pietroangelo or Karlsson.

Then you look at the Oilers situation. They may be weak on defense today but there are players in the system(Klefbom/Schultz/Marincin) that suggest tomorrow might be a little better. The same can not be said for center. The Oilers have RNH and Gagner(who realistically, probably isn't in the long term plans) and then a huge drop off to Lander. Then who? Is Pitlick even a center? Vande Velde? Ewanyk?

At the end of the day, RNH is not the player the Oilers trade for help on the blue line and if he is getting traded, it's for a much more established #1 Dman. There isn't much to not like about Myers....but he doesn't get you RNH.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Stafford's uncle no longer works for the Oil.
Not that it matters much, but Barrie Stafford actually does still work for the Oilers. He's "Oilers Director of Special Projects" now, he's just no longer the equipment guy.

http://www.okcbarons.com/index.cfm?f...5-5eae3bf1fd20

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:16 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
No no no. Why do people even bother posting this stuff up?

Myers is a better guy than last season's stats suggest, but there's no way that Oil fans can considering this anything less than insulting.

Dubnyk at this point is just as proven as Enroth and RNH is worth way more than Myers and Enroth combined.

The only way that RNH leaves Edmonton is if an even better center comes back because 1-2 years down the line that'll probably be Edmonton's weakest position.

Jeez... I go off the grid to hang out in Thailand for a few days and I come back to this.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

EDM trades Nuge then tanks for MacKinnon

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:59 AM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Hemsky is dirty?

Thats the first time I've ever heard or read anyone ever say that about Hemsky. Truly shocking.

It's also very weird that Regher said Hemsky is a dirty player yet Regher has hours of footage on youtube of him cheap shotting players and I'd say Hemsky appears in those videos probably 15 times.

Regher was EXTREMELY dirty against Hemsky, it was nuts.
Well that makes sense doesn't it? If Hemsky did something to him a long time ago, Regehr is taking revenge. Dunno. Don't see why it matters.

bullseyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:26 AM
HiddenInLight

So I was talking hockey with somebody yestarday afternoon, and was told that his source said the rumored deal was:

To EDM:

Leopold
Adam

To Buf:

Gagner
3rd Round pick

I havnt found much to support the rumor myself, but I think the value is pretty good. You have leo and gagner both going into FA at the end of the year, and a pretty good prospect in adam. I could see the sabres turning around and moving Gagner or Ennis or Hodgeson in a separate deal.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:35 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
So I was talking hockey with somebody yestarday afternoon, and was told that his source said the rumored deal was:

To EDM:

Leopold
Adam

To Buf:

Gagner
3rd Round pick

I havnt found much to support the rumor myself, but I think the value is pretty good. You have leo and gagner both going into FA at the end of the year, and a pretty good prospect in adam. I could see the sabres turning around and moving Gagner or Ennis or Hodgeson in a separate deal.
Maybe the Sabres need Gagner to complete a trade for Ryan.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Petro Points

Quote:

To EDM:

Leopold
Adam

To Buf:

Gagner
3rd Round pick

A move to please Horcoff ? Gets him back on 2nd line and Belanger on 3rd?
@ BUF fans: Adam is not gritty but is he speedy? defensively responsible? PKer?

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
He is very good at chipping in the Garbage goals. He will chase a puck into the corners, and the coaches are trying to get him to use his size more. He started the year on buffalo's top line with Vanek and Pominville, and put in 20 points in 25 games, before Ruff decided to mess with the lines a bunch and take a wrecking ball to his confidence. He didnt finish off the year with the sabres, but looked to have gotten some of that confidence back over the summer at the prospect camp this year.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:28 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Adam's not particularly quick-footed, no. There are holes in his game, but he had success in the NHL for a period last year (first centering Vanek and Pommer, and then another hot streak with Leino and Kassian). He was the AHL ROTY a year ago, and just lost his confidence/got into a slump last season that he had a hard time breaking out of. If anyone on the Sabres is a good candidate for a change of scenery trade, it's Luke.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Angelus*
Smile Time!

I have to say I'm really impressed by Sabres fans. I admit some of us can be a bit shall we say, overzealous but you take it in stride and don't make the thread a big flame war unlike some of your divisional rivals. Instead what I got was an interesting read. Thank you.

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Most of his game is covered below. At this point he looks like a big bodied but not physical scoring line winger. He's got the knack for getting into seams and the hands/touch to finish in tight. He's not overly fast, could be helped a great deal by any sort of improvement in his footspeed, both over distance (backchecking assignments) or burst (getting to loose pucks around the net). Hands are there, has good hockey sense, just doesn't seem to have the gear to be a center at the next level.

Quote:
He is very good at chipping in the Garbage goals. He will chase a puck into the corners, and the coaches are trying to get him to use his size more. He started the year on buffalo's top line with Vanek and Pominville, and put in 20 points in 25 games, before Ruff decided to mess with the lines a bunch and take a wrecking ball to his confidence. He didnt finish off the year with the sabres, but looked to have gotten some of that confidence back over the summer at the prospect camp this year.
Agree to disagree about Adam's confidence being a result of Ruff tinkering with his lines. He had Adam as a non-productive player on that line, a guy who was overmatched by his defensive assignments, for weeks before knocking him off that unit. Question communication with Adam, sure, but Luke has to know that blown checking assignments and a complete lack of chances generated aren't going to result in ice time. It doesn't when a guy is 13, it doesn't when he's 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Adam's not particularly quick-footed, no. There are holes in his game, but he had success in the NHL for a period last year (first centering Vanek and Pommer, and then another hot streak with Leino and Kassian). He was the AHL ROTY a year ago, and just lost his confidence/got into a slump last season that he had a hard time breaking out of. If anyone on the Sabres is a good candidate for a change of scenery trade, it's Luke.
He may bounce back. Dev Camp was good for him, from what I could see of his interactions with Ruff, the rest of the coaching staff and the guys on the ice. That said, I don't think he should be too comfortable and it wouldn't surprise me if he's part of a deal to address a preceived need somewhere else in the lineup.

08-10-2012, 01:44 PM
SaskOil*
u mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I think you're being a little to polite just so Sabres fans don't jump all over you. Whether it's due to slow starts or injuries, the fact is that Myers is a 35 point/22 minute a night Dman that had a great rookie season. He's only 22 years old and there is a ton of potential to do more but he has to prove it. He's had back to back seasons that have been very average(with some good stretches).

RNH is a 1st overall pick that was at a point per game for the majority of the season while being physically not NHL ready at 18 years old. He's already a #1 center and unless someone unexpected happens, he should be a more valuable player than Myers the rest of their careers. Myers is good but he's not Doughty, Pietroangelo or Karlsson.

Then you look at the Oilers situation. They may be weak on defense today but there are players in the system(Klefbom/Schultz/Marincin) that suggest tomorrow might be a little better. The same can not be said for center. The Oilers have RNH and Gagner(who realistically, probably isn't in the long term plans) and then a huge drop off to Lander. Then who? Is Pitlick even a center? Vande Velde? Ewanyk?

At the end of the day, RNH is not the player the Oilers trade for help on the blue line and if he is getting traded, it's for a much more established #1 Dman. There isn't much to not like about Myers....but he doesn't get you RNH.
Well said!

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:

To EDM:

Leopold
Adam

To Buf:

Gagner
3rd Round pick

It's not awful, but i do think it's a bad deal for Edmonton. I wouldn't trade Gagner alone for this. Believe it or not Adam is actually only 1 year younger than Gagner, and Gagner has been the much much better pro. Leopold is a decent pickup, he can play in the top 4 or can anchor the bottom pairing, but he doesn't equal the difference IMO especially not with a 3rd rounder thrown in.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:

To EDM:

Leopold
Adam

To Buf:

Gagner
3rd Round pick

Thanks for sharing that. That trade would definitely interest me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
I have to say I'm really impressed by Sabres fans. I admit some of us can be a bit shall we say, overzealous but you take it in stride and don't make the thread a big flame war unlike some of your divisional rivals. Instead what I got was an interesting read. Thank you.
Yup, as a whole they've been very solid in this thread.

08-10-2012, 02:48 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Leopold/Adam for Gagner/3rd is a deal I would definitely do. Hell, I'd have no problem dropping the pick entirely.

Then we roll with:

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Leino-Gagner-Ott
Gerbe-McCormick-Kaleta
Ellis, Scott

McNabb-Myers
Sekera-Regehr
Sulzer-Ehrhoff
Weber, Pardy (in A)

Not sure if that's too many minutes for McNabb right off the bat, but I don't want to break up the other two pairs that were great down the stretch (Sekera-Regehr as the shutdown pair), and I think McNabb-Myers could work decently together. Myers, Ehrhoff, Sekera and either McNabb or a forward on the point at the PP, Myers, Sekera, Regehr, Ehrhoff/McNabb on the PK...very workable.

Other than FES, not sure if I want to flip Pommer and Ott to balance out those lines, but overall I like the look of that lineup.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:58 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Thanks for sharing that. That trade would definitely interest me.
Let's be honest though, BBO. You'd be interested if it was a 7th round draft pick coming back for Gagner.

theoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:08 PM
CraniumCram
Beasts of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Leopold/Adam for Gagner/3rd is a deal I would definitely do. Hell, I'd have no problem dropping the pick entirely.

Then we roll with:

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Leino-Gagner-Ott
Gerbe-McCormick-Kaleta
Ellis, Scott

McNabb-Myers

Sekera-Regehr
Sulzer-Ehrhoff
Weber, Pardy (in A)

Not sure if that's too many minutes for McNabb right off the bat, but I don't want to break up the other two pairs that were great down the stretch (Sekera-Regehr as the shutdown pair), and I think McNabb-Myers could work decently together. Myers, Ehrhoff, Sekera and either McNabb or a forward on the point at the PP, Myers, Sekera, Regehr, Ehrhoff/McNabb on the PK...very workable.

Other than FES, not sure if I want to flip Pommer and Ott to balance out those lines, but overall I like the look of that lineup.
I like the looks of this lineup, but I definitely wouldn't pair McNabb and Myers to start. Maybe down the stretch, but I can just see them making way too many mistakes. I think we need to match a responsible vet with McNabb to cover his errors. Although Sulzer and Ehrhoff have that "German Connection" thing going, I don't think that will continue forever, and I'd rather see our 10 year investment on the first line with Myers.

Myers-Ehrhoff
Sekera-Regehr
Sulzer/Leo-McNabb
Weber-Brennen/Pysyk

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
Let's be honest though, BBO. You'd be interested if it was a 7th round draft pick coming back for Gagner.
I'd prefer to get better value than that though

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post

At the end of the day, Myers just ain't that good.

He is downright slow and lacks mobility. He does a few things that will make the casual fan think he is awesome, but overall he ain't a great D, and he will never become one. Not top 20.

You say that he got a ton of potential, but what potential does a D have that is not that smart nor moves that well? And add wrists of stone to that. Sure, in a 30 team cap league, he might even be a nr 1 for some teams. Sure, he is already an awesome draft pick by Buffalo (no doubt, a huge steal). But "ton of potential"? Not a chance.

Last edited by Ola: 08-10-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:41 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I know neither team wants to trade their young stars away, but basing it off of Eklund, albeit 99% not a true rumor, still opens some discussion. What do you think?

Notice: This is a Value of, not a Proposal so it is not being made as a realistic scenario, as each team would be filling a big hole but opening another.
I thought this thread would be closed by now .

In the Future Edmonton may have to trade one of the fab 4 . However It will not be RNH . Also if Hall can make the move to Centre as we hope none will be going anywhere

The two players that will be dealt if Hall converts to a C is Hemsky and Gagner . We will be looking to a couple big bodies that are physical and can chip on offence .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

He is downright slow and lacks mobility. He does a few things that will make the casual fan think he is awesome, but overall he ain't a great D, and he will never become one. Not top 20.

You say that he got a ton of potential, but what potential does a D have that is not that smart nor moves that well? And add wrists of stone to that. Sure, in a 30 team cap league, he might even be a nr 1 for some teams. Sure, he is already an awesome draft pick by Buffalo (no doubt, a huge steal). But "ton of potential"? Not a chance.

^^^^^ ... And this is your brain on Bath Salts.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:10 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

Just proves you've never seen Myers play.Myers is a great skater, fast and smooth.Scotty Bowman has said Myers is the best big man skater he has ever seen in his life.Your right, he is slow and bad Like I said, Myers has the calder and IS on the level of Doughty,Pietrangelo etc.Myers had a better rookie season then any PLAYER from the 08 draft.Myers had only 5 less points his rookie year then Doughty+Karlsson COMBINED.And took a non-playoff team to a division title his rookie year.

Myers is a proven #1.RNH is not better at the moment, and stop discrediting Myers potential, his ceiling is higher then RNH.There is no player 6'8 that can skate,pass and shoot like Myers can.(Chara has the shot but Myers is the better skater/passer)

Last edited by La Cosa Nostra: 08-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.
La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I know neither team wants to trade their young stars away, but basing it off of Eklund, albeit 99% not a true rumor, still opens some discussion. What do you think?

Notice: This is a Value of, not a Proposal so it is not being made as a realistic scenario, as each team would be filling a big hole but opening another.
Eklund?

RNH is untouchable. /thread

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Just proves you've never seen Myers play.Myers is a great skater, fast and smooth.Scotty Bowman has said Myers is the best large sized skater he has ever seen in his life.Your right, he is slow and bad

Myers is a proven #1.RNH is not better at the moment, and stop discrediting Myers potential, his ceiling is higher then RNH.There is no player 6'8 that can skate,pass and shoot like Myers can.
The guy isn't an Oilers fan , nor did he bring up RNH, so why the need to once again trash the kid? RNH is going to make posts like this look very silly in short order, count on it.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote