HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers 'step up' offer for Bouwmeester

Old
08-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Zilo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
The salary cap potentially going down will have little impact to do with Bouwmeester. Stajan and Babchuk would easily be moved before him to clear room. Thats 6 million in cap savings right there.
The Anton cannot be moved, unless he asks for it.

Zilo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
The Hendog

A bidding war between Philly and Detroit is exactly what the Flames need!!! Get max value in trading JBO

I don't know if I even care anymore if it creates a hole on our D this year if it gets the Flames back multiple young talent and/or high picks etc.

Rolling with a offense style team for the year and hope Kipper can stand on his head!

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
BrawlFan

What really sucks for Philly is that if they would have gotten Weber and Mesz wasnt injured the rumoured deal for Bobby Ryan for Cobourn would have been done and they would be in pretty good shape.

Sidenote: why isnt Philly trying to get Bernier or something? Goaltending > Defensman in terms of troubles for Philly.

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
What really sucks for Philly is that if they would have gotten Weber and Mesz wasnt injured the rumoured deal for Bobby Ryan for Cobourn would have been done and they would be in pretty good shape.

Sidenote: why isnt Philly trying to get Bernier or something? Goaltending > Defensman in terms of troubles for Philly.
Who rumored that we were trading Ryan for Coburn?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Dennis Wideman played 24 minutes per game at last season. You already have the replacement for Bouwmeester.
Hardly a replacement (and I'm not particularly a fan of Bouwmeester). Wideman isn't known for his defensive abilities which is what the Flames will lose if they deal Bouwmeester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Honestly, I think Bouw is going to shine wherever he ends up. (that includes if he stays here)

I have a feeling the right coach can turn his game way up.
At this point in his career....he is what he is. A guy who can eat a ton of minutes and be solid defensively (though not without his flaws in that department).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:50 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post

A) Where did you hear a Ryan for Coburn rumor? I never saw that at all.

B) Defense > Goaltending on list of problems at this point

C) Bernier needs to play, not sit behind Bryz. That's a role for a veteran.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:52 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
These articles don't tell us anything new at all. This is just rehashing the redwings interest from another article that's already got it's own thread and adds in that the blues showed interest earlier this summer. I would think this can be merged with the Detroit thread...

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Broad Street Elite

Geez, the title of this thread is really misleading if its based solely on the quoted material in the first post.

In order to 'step up' an offer, don't you already have to have an offer on the table? References seem to indicate that the Flyers are interested and may produce an offer over the coming days.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:56 PM
ShootIt

The most important question is:
Does Jaybos dad approve of a trade?

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:57 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Geez, the title of this thread is really misleading if its based solely on the quoted material in the first post.

In order to 'step up' an offer, don't you already have to have an offer on the table? References seem to indicate that the Flyers are interested and may produce an offer over the coming days.
yeah, the title is pretty much pure BS. He has quotes around the "step up" portion, but the article only mentioned that Detroit may have stepped up the offer. The rest of the title should say, Blues/Predators showed interest months ago. This thread is basically the same as the other detroit thread.

"Red Wings 'step up' offer for Bouwmeester, Blues/Predators also showed interest months ago.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post

Yea. Seems like the author trying to get some reads in.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:59 PM
vanwest

What you see is what you get with JBo at this stage. A decent defensive defenceman who eats up huge minutes but has limited offence and is overpaid. Given the dearth of top 4 defencemen on the market this is probably a good time for Calgary to move him for some offensive help and to create some cap space for the future. He should garner a decent return but his stock has certainly fallen since he was last on the market.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:00 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Thought it was something new... nope. Rehash.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102 View Post
Some speculation I saw on twitter yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NHL_Insider_

What do you guys think?
I think JBO has a full NTC. That's what I think.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Paul Holmgren is ************ Holland like no other this offseason . If I wasn't a huge Wing's fan I'd find it hilarious.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
I would even take it a step further. I would wait until the start of training camp, that's when we'll start to see the real fireworks.
Yup. I think you guys will get a good return if it happens. Det and Philly need to add some defense if they are gonna be contenders this year. They are also teams that are always pressured to win by their fanbases too. They could very well give you guys a ransom for Bow.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
mercury

Meszaros is not out for the season, as far as anyone knows. I can see the Flyers being interested in J-Bo, anyway, but he would immediately have the highest cap hit on the team. Might need to make another move to fit Meszaros back in if he returns, right?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:05 PM
416Leafer

Moving Bouwmeester is a good start. Does it make them less competitive? Of course. But being less competitive than "Not Competitive" when it makes you a better team in the longterm obviously makes sense.

Getting good value back for Bouwmeester, Kipper, Iginla, Tanguay, etc in the next 1-2 years will give Calgary a drastically better looking future in 2-3 years than if they just held onto those guys. They're not going to win with this current group, and given the age structure of the core guys, they don't have enough time to build around them anymore. Their time is out in Calgary IMO, at least if they want to do whats best for the team longterm.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:06 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Which is why I say we should go for Rozsival at like 2 to 2.5M (considering his health). He's cheap enough, he's big enough and can help fill the #5/#6 gap a bit with someone actually with NHL experience.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Paul Holmgren is ************ Holland like no other this offseason . If I wasn't a huge Wing's fan I'd find it hilarious.
You should be glad, unless you want your precious playoff streak to end.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:14 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalken View Post
You should be glad, unless you want your precious playoff streak to end.
Oh yes, that's why Detroit wants him. To end their playoff streak. Maybe they want to aim for 3 1st overalls? Hmmmm

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Shwag33

Ohhh please flyers sign him.... crosby has continually abused him through his career.

Shwag33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
SvenBartschi27

mid - late 2013 first round pick

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
BrindamoursNose

I can't see J-Bo wanting to come to Philadelphia. His personality won't fit the city.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Oh yes, that's why Detroit wants him. To end their playoff streak. Maybe they want to aim for 3 1st overalls? Hmmmm
If Oilers got 3 straight 1st overalls and are going for a 4th.. Why would Jbo suddenly make the playoffs?

Things never change in hockey, you didn't know?

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote