HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 01:44 PM
izzys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
I don't get it. How will it hurt the league if accusations are proven correct? I'd say it levels the playing field.

I can't imagine the league would have announced the sanctions without having sufficient evidence and anticipating an appeal.
It will hurt the league becuase you keep put accusations out there like this you will never get an american to come over again

Old
08-10-2012, 01:45 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I don't get it. How will it hurt the league if accusations are proven correct? I'd say it levels the playing field.

I can't imagine the league would have announced the sanctions without having sufficient evidence and anticipating an appeal.
Teams are start slinging accusations all over the rink just to get others in trouble. It won't really matter if the accusations are true it will just create for a mess. Branch and the other teams have forgotten their biggest competition aren't teams in their own league but the NCAA. This will open the door for top prospects to spurn the OHL and go to the NCAA because now the NCAA can negatively recruit against the OHL. Fans can laugh all they want at Windsor but what happens if Trouba goes to play for Michigan, looks like the accusation of the Michigan Daily helped. Branch has really created a huge mess now and this isn't to say Windsor shouldn't get punished if the allegations hold water but Branch is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:47 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Yes...because that NEVER happens. You know, laying accusations on someone and not having proper evidence. NEVER!
as if the OHL has ever been a place for consistency in the form of penalties. The Spits only get a fine for a hazing incident but for offering inducements to draft picks they get fined and lose draft picks the OHL if anything is consistent.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Libbs

I want to see this evidence.

Over the years, it's easy to see that Dave Branch can not be trusted. I'm not about to take his word for it here.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Teams are start slinging accusations all over the rink just to get others in trouble. It won't really matter if the accusations are true it will just create for a mess. Branch and the other teams have forgotten their biggest competition aren't teams in their own league but the NCAA. This will open the door for top prospects to spurn the OHL and go to the NCAA because now the NCAA can negatively recruit against the OHL. Fans can laugh all they want at Windsor but what happens if Trouba goes to play for Michigan, looks like the accusation of the Michigan Daily helped. Branch has really created a huge mess now and this isn't to say Windsor shouldn't get punished if the allegations hold water but Branch is cutting off his nose to spite his face.
I disagree with you.

There will always be rumour and inuendo on both sides of this recruiting tug-of-war. If the OHL doesn't police it, and stand by it's rules it is essentially condoning the behaviour. Not to mention, how do teams in the league compete amongst themselves if these allegations remain out there and are not investigated and proven true or false?

Old
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

It's only cheating if you get caught.

Old
ness180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I'd guess Campbell and the attempt at the Schmaltz brothers - they seem too keen on NCAA route, mother is a professor at Wisconsin, father played(?) at N.Dakota.
Who knows if we'll ever get the truth but it was heavily rumored that Jordan Schmaltz was offered cash to bail on his NCAA commitment. Campbell and Fowler would be my other guesses.

And correct about Schmaltz's father. His dad played for North Dakota's football team. An uncle of Jordan's also played football at North Dakota.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:52 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I disagree with you.

There will always be rumour and inuendo on both sides of this recruiting tug-of-war. If the OHL doesn't police it, and stand by it's rules it is essentially condoning the behaviour. Not to mention, how do teams in the league compete amongst themselves if these allegations remain out there and are not investigated and proven true or false?
We will see after the appeal and if the ruling stands how many top american players will bolt for the OHL now. If the ruling stands and Trouba plays for Michigan that's number 1 on the list.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Very true PP31,very true

Old
08-10-2012, 01:58 PM
izzys

i just find it funny every time branch disaplinces the spitfire it has to be harsh and send a strong message

my question is why always the spits ?

when kas got hes 20 games

like come on branch your a joke bud

Old
08-10-2012, 01:58 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
Its funny becuase you dont think this happence everywhere ahahahha your a joke if you think windsor is the only one who did this

branch just has a hard on for windsor and it will never change its all good becuase i would still bet that we will be fine
Really? Are you that ridiculous?

Because I think you should man up and blame your organization, instead of the league means I think Windsor is the only team doing this? Haha

Not at all. I'm certain others do it, Including the team I cheer for. Difference being if they were punished I'd say Shame on them. You though? Every misfortune in Windsor is Branch's fault.

Give your head a shake bud.

The fix is in folks, the fix is in.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
We will see after the appeal and if the ruling stands how many top american players will bolt for the OHL now. If the ruling stands and Trouba plays for Michigan that's number 1 on the list.
Kids will continue to choose OHL. Not all US kids are keen on US college hockey.

The fact remains the top-rated kids will always weigh the chances at pro hockey early or college hockey later, going forward. No-one can dispute that the CHL is the fastet way to the NHL for the gifted few, and some American kids will continue to see it as a viable alternative to waiting on the college development model.

The only things that may change is either more covert recruitment or teams finally drawing the line on enticements in order to draw top players.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Really? Are you that ridiculous?

Because I think you should man up and blame your organization, instead of the league means I think Windsor is the only team doing this? Haha

Not at all. I'm certain others do it, Including the team I cheer for. Difference being if they were punished I'd say Shame on them. You though? Every misfortune in Windsor is Branch's fault.

Give your head a shake bud.

The fix is in folks, the fix is in.
The great part about this board is the option "add to ignore list." I should give this a try. It's obvious you're trying to be a troll and not interested in having a discussion.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Jackman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I want to see this evidence.

Over the years, it's easy to see that Dave Branch can not be trusted. I'm not about to take his word for it here.
What possible reason would Branch have for fabricating a story like this? I understand some people are upset because Rychel was the one that got caught, but I'm not at all surprised given his fascination with US players.

So Windsor has an associate coach that assaults kids at bars on road trips and a GM that cheats and an assistant coach that is the BIL of the owner. Awesome.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Jackman

So was it Pappa, Kelso or Trenholm that squealed? Timing seems awfully suspicious. My guess is Trenholm.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:19 PM
ORYX

Quote:
The great part about this board is the option "add to ignore list." I should give this a try. It's obvious you're trying to be a troll and not interested in having a discussion.
I'm trolling? I asked why the blame was being placed on Branch for the punishment levied, and not the organization doing the crime....

Thats like blaming the courts for sending the murderer to jail. If you blame the court people are going to ask you why.

If you're going to read between the lines of my post and put words in my mouth in response to a perfectly fair post, then go ahead and ignore me, it would confirm that you yourself arent willing to accept what has occured in any capacity and are fine with simply blaming others outside the organization.

Windsor is due an appeal, which they have announced they will use. We will know once that appeal is heard whether the OHL jumped the gun or not. I suspect not personally, but wouldnt be shocked if the fine/loss of picks is reduced after hearing from Windsor.

But my questions remains, why are many Windsor posters placing blame on Branch and not their teams management?

If asking that all too controversial question is trolling, then I'd rather not waste my time trying to find perspective from the fans most affected by this situation.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Spits will appeal but if Branch is the judge, jury and executioner I doubt the ruling gets overturned. If that's the case you trade Braithwaite, Posa, Pavelka, Czinder and any 19 year olds to get picks and start the process over. You can't look to take this year seriously after these allegations and possible penalties.
these are not allegations and possible penalties. They are a done deal or they wouldn't be announced. case closed. Live with your mistakes and move forward. Others have done the same and will face the music as well. Branch is bringing integrity back to league. I stand up and applaud him

Old
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman View Post
What possible reason would Branch have for fabricating a story like this? I understand some people are upset because Rychel was the one that got caught, but I'm not at all surprised given his fascination with US players.

So Windsor has an associate coach that assaults kids at bars on road trips and a GM that cheats and an assistant coach that is the BIL of the owner. Awesome.
Geeze...where to start?

Old
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman View Post
So was it Pappa, Kelso or Trenholm that squealed? Timing seems awfully suspicious. My guess is Trenholm.
This qualifies as the dumb post of the year

Old
big papa

But are these fines heavier with recent allegations against the Kitchener Rangers for lobbying Jacob Trouba, to choose the CHL route over the NCAA.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:26 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
Branch is bringing integrity back to league.
I challenge anyone to read that comment and not chuckle.

Old
ORYX

Quote:
I wouldnt go as far as saying Trouba is number 1 on the list.

He has always been adament about NOT coming to Kitchener. It was likely the UMD vs. Kitchener Rangers issues that put the final nail in that coffin, not this incident.

But you're right, I'm sure the 'defectors' will be a plenty. Windsor is without a doubt, not the only one breaking the rules, they are just the only ones caught thus far.

Perhaps they strayed a little far, who knows, the details havent come out.

At the same time, it isnt fair to the teams that have been investigated and cleared to say they are doing it as well, as those allegations have been cleared, while those against Windsor resulted in this.

The same board that has found Windsor guilty in this case, have found the Allegations against Kitchener in regards to Trouba as false and in no way has Kitchener broken any recruiting rules in that case.

Old
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
But are these fines heavier with recent allegations against the Kitchener Rangers for lobbying Jacob Trouba, to choose the CHL route over the NCAA.
The Rangers were conveniently cleared of any wrong doing today...

Branch must have been sick of the constant whining, crying and complaining from Steve Spot.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:27 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
these are not allegations and possible penalties. They are a done deal or they wouldn't be announced. case closed. Live with your mistakes and move forward. Others have done the same and will face the music as well. Branch is bringing integrity back to league. I stand up and applaud him
Actually there's an appeal process so until the appeal is filed and heard these are just possible penalties. Branch bringing integrity back to the league isn't going to help your Petes hang on to players like Watson, Puempel or Spooner and Branch can't help you if your general manager wants to give his players away for nothing.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I challenge anyone to read that comment and not chuckle.
I failed!

Closed Thread