HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Subban for Hamonic

Old
08-10-2012, 11:38 AM
19NYSports91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Subban also faced a higher level of competition. I like Hamonic a lot, but he's not at Subban's level yet.
Thats fair

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
CREW99AW

QUOTE=Yashin for President;53441173]I know people might get mad at me but both of these players are pretty close in value. P.K. Subban might be a bit overrated but Hamonic is definitely underrated. Hamonic has a ton of leadership as well as his 2 way play. Subban still has to grow up a little bit and must rebound after last season. If the Isles really want to get JT's best friend here, it will start with Hamonic.[/QUOTE]

Moulson's JT's bff.
P.K. Subban is JT's bff.
Gagner's JT's bff.

Should the isles acquire each of Tavares' lil bff's?

As for your proposal..no thanks. I am very pleased with how Hamonic is developing and see little reason to flip him for a possible contract hassle. With the isles budget woes, PK would be a good bet to get an outragious offersheet.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 08-10-2012 at 12:46 PM.
CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Hamonic will be a solid player in the NHL for years to come but I don't see the incentive for the Habs to make this trade.
Isles feel Hamonic will develop into better then a solid player.

They think he's developing into a young stud.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Whydidijoin*

Hamonic is underrated for sure, and Subban is vastly overrated, but I don't think this trade goes down. Neither team has a reason to do it.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:53 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Hamonic is underrated for sure, and Subban is vastly overrated, but I don't think this trade goes down. Neither team has a reason to do it.
Its funny to see people that rarely watch Subban play call him overrated.

Well actually it isn't funny, its quite annoying..

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
Its funny to see people that rarely watch Subban play call him overrated.

Well actually it isn't funny, its quite annoying..
I see him play plenty. He is a very good young player. He isn't the #1 D superstar that Habs fans like to claim, and likely never will be.

Flash makes people blind to faults.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:12 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
I see him play plenty. He is a very good young player. He isn't the #1 D superstar that Habs fans like to claim, and likely never will be.

Haters gon' hate!

chuck1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:13 PM
GravelTheOne

Quote:

LOL

Keep dreaming Isle's fans, Subban gonna rock this league for a lonnnnnnnnggggggggggg time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ekG-3_fcs

Last edited by GravelTheOne: 08-10-2012 at 01:18 PM.
GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Whydidijoin*

So you post a video with more flash. Lol. Thank you for proving my point.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Subban also faced a higher level of competition. I like Hamonic a lot, but he's not at Subban's level yet.
You do realize Hamonic generally plays against other teams top lines and on first unit PK. Since both guys play in the same league I don't see how Subban has faced a "higher level of competition"

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:25 PM
GravelTheOne

Quote:
So you post a video with more flash. Lol. Thank you for proving my point.
I post a video to show people what we see from him game in game out and why we'll never trade him, never.

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelTheOne View Post
I post a video to show people what we see from him game in game out and why we'll never trade him, never.
If that is all you see from him game-in and game-out, then once again, you are proving my point.

Flash, which Subban has plenty of, blinds people from faults, which Subban was plenty of.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:41 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
If that is all you see from him game-in and game-out, then once again, you are proving my point.

Flash, which Subban has plenty of, blinds people from faults, which Subban was plenty of.
You keep saying he has plenty faults, why don't you tell us what they are?

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:45 PM
centrehice

I love all these posts, with assumptions that PK wants out of Montreal because he's not signed yet... Price took even longer to sign his last RFA deal, and there are other players like MDZ and Carlson not signed... it's called negotiating.

The Habs are PK's favourite team, it was a dream being drafted by them... the fans have been in love with him since his first call u.

PK does not want out of Montreal. He wants more than the 2 years Montreal is offering.

N-E-G-O-T-I-A-T-I-N-G

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:47 PM
centrehice

Quote:
He trolls the other team, and is "disrespectful" of Vets/Don Cherry.

Other than that, he's fast, creative, great passer, great shot, great hitter, great in his own end...

Sounds like plenty of faults... WhyDidUJoin?

Edit: Ahhhh, FYI guys, you might not want to get your scouting reports from WhyDidIJoin, as I just noticed he's talking about Komisarek's positive trade value in another thread... enough said?

Last edited by centrehice: 08-10-2012 at 01:57 PM.
centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:

He may never be a #1 superstar but he's a #1-#2 already. That simple. His potential is unknown and he may stop progressing and even if he did, I still think he's better than other fans give him credit for. His potential is sometimes used as part of why he's good NOW...which is clearly nonsensical as he hasn't reached the projection yet...but other than that, all things considered, PK is pretty beast. Call it flash if you like but don't use it as an argument to dismiss his performance. He's been excellent for us, his flair is a bonus.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:

I've already seen this movie.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Wow. I thought this would be for Malcolm, not PK. Will doubt Habs fans say yes to this. Nothing against Hamonic, but PK has significantly more value IMO.
Why!
Give facts!
Give reasons!

No trite Staurt smalley, I think, I feel.

Please?

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Well, for one, having the most minor penalties over the last two years, by a significant amount (placing #1 in both years). 20 more than the next Montreal player this year (yes, that is 47 by him, 27 by the next player - almost double). While he plays a lot of minutes, this is one warning sign that he may not be able to fully handle it. He has a couple fights each year as well, and is not all that good at it.

He is not all that great defensively, at least enough to be called top-pairing. In fact, in the video posted, you can even see that he positioned himself wrong setting up for a lot of the big hits. In the ones that make the video, it all works out, but there are plenty of times when that bites him in the ass.

He puts up a decent amount of points, but not #1 D worthy, at least when considering his defensive deficiencies.

For somebody people call such a great hitter, and for somebody who plays so many minutes, his hit numbers and blocked shots numbers aren't all that spectacular.

Also, while having an attitude can be good, he takes it to the extreme, which can hurt you and the team. He has already gotten a bit of a reputation for playing on, or past the edge and being a cheap player. And yes, referees do take note of this.

To be honest, I think Gorges is more important to your team at this point. Subban only gets more minutes because of the PP time. Also, if Markov ever does come back, he is (or at least was) better than both of them.

He definitely has top-pairing potential, but it is yet to be seen if he will reach that, and I don't see the #1 superstar potential in him. I think he tops out as an average #1, most likely becoming a good #2/3.

Actually, from his career path and style of play, he reminds me of a lesser Phaneuf.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:06 PM
KrisBeKreame

I love how a tame conversation between Habs fans and Islander fans trned into a leafs Fans and Habs Fan fight.

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
You do realize Hamonic generally plays against other teams top lines and on first unit PK. Since both guys play in the same league I don't see how Subban has faced a "higher level of competition"
Corsi Rel QoC is probably the best statistical measure for determining a player's quality of competition. Subban has a Corsi Rel QoC of 1.266, Hamonic has a Corsi Rel QoC of 0.811.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
Yes, rebound. I followed him last season, Montreal fans know he didnt play well most of the season. Numbers dont mean everything.
You likely had your eyes closed the entire time you 'followed' him. Subban was lights out last year. He had a few high profile mistakes early on in the season which you no doubt saw in your TSN highlights, and led to many people assuming he was on a sophomore slump, which couldn't be further from the truth. He improved on his first season.

He produced despite the powerplay being useless, he shutdown top opposition and played huge minutes every night. His production stats, +/-, and microstats all point to him having a great season, and people who actually watched him know it to be the truth.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
I love how a tame conversation between Habs fans and Islander fans trned into a leafs Fans and Habs Fan fight.
I'm not fighting, I am informing. And me being a Leafs fans has nothing to do with anything.

And it was far from tame before. It was a bunch of Hab fans going lolol, giving no reasons for why Subban was so much better.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:11 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles feel Hamonic will develop into better then a solid player.

They think he's developing into a young stud.
Even if Hamonic does develop into a better than solid player I still don't see a reason why the Habs would do the deal.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Well, for one, having the most minor penalties over the last two years, by a significant amount (placing #1 in both years). 20 more than the next Montreal player this year (yes, that is 47 by him, 27 by the next player - almost double). While he plays a lot of minutes, this is one warning sign that he may not be able to fully handle it. He has a couple fights each year as well, and is not all that good at it.

He is not all that great defensively, at least enough to be called top-pairing. In fact, in the video posted, you can even see that he positioned himself wrong setting up for a lot of the big hits. In the ones that make the video, it all works out, but there are plenty of times when that bites him in the ass.

He puts up a decent amount of points, but not #1 D worthy, at least when considering his defensive deficiencies.

For somebody people call such a great hitter, and for somebody who plays so many minutes, his hit numbers and blocked shots numbers aren't all that spectacular.

Also, while having an attitude can be good, he takes it to the extreme, which can hurt you and the team. He has already gotten a bit of a reputation for playing on, or past the edge and being a cheap player. And yes, referees do take note of this.

To be honest, I think Gorges is more important to your team at this point. Subban only gets more minutes because of the PP time. Also, if Markov ever does come back, he is (or at least was) better than both of them.

He definitely has top-pairing potential, but it is yet to be seen if he will reach that, and I don't see the #1 superstar potential in him. I think he tops out as an average #1, most likely becoming a good #2/3.

Actually, from his career path and style of play, he reminds me of a lesser Phaneuf.
What makes you say he is not great defensively? Is it by watching the hits video? Great argument there.

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote