HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I failed!
Me too lol

Old
08-10-2012, 02:30 PM
aresknights

Wow, talk about dropping the hammer on a team. Thats one heckuva penalty.

Itll be interesting to see how the appeal, and how any ongoing/future investigations play out.

If the punishment stays as is its a huge hit to the team and fans. The management group being part of the ownership group will feel the sting of penalty for sure as its $ outta pocket but Im surpised no specific suspensions or punishment to the management team who is accussed of this instead of all the missing picks
Tough for the loyal fans to digest Im sure

Does any1 know if the league has set penalties for these allegded recruitment/ compensation violations or is it made up on the fly? I think there is a MAX fine (250K) but is there specific langauge for how deep the penalty is for each specific violation that occurs? eg you give 50k to a kids family you get 1 1st rd and X dollar fine?

As for the "Knights, Rags ect.." do it as well---- until they are caught and punished its a none issue.
Quick Mark, take the keys to the comped cars away lol

Old
08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Libbs

$250,000 and 3 draft picks is the set punishment for 1 infraction.

I guess Branch made us a multi-deal discount on the fines.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:35 PM
aresknights

And just for the record a large amount of London fans feels Branch has screwed them over in the past as well. Lenghty suspensions against, non suspensions of opponents on suspect plays, Mark suspended for an entire year ect... It aint just Spits fans who feel hes gotta bias.

Were with ya on "the Branch and the Os discipline often leaves fans confused, angry" and leads to the distrust of the system

Old
08-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Actually there's an appeal process so until the appeal is filed and heard these are just possible penalties. Branch bringing integrity back to the league isn't going to help your Petes hang on to players like Watson, Puempel or Spooner and Branch can't help you if your general manager wants to give his players away for nothing.
its ok its always better to blame others to make yourself feel better. You're only as good as your last game

Old
08-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
its ok its always better to blame others to make yourself feel better. You're only as good as your last game
Kinda funny coming from a Petes fan.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:40 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
So it's okay that your team isn't very good and the very good players want to be traded?

Old
08-10-2012, 02:42 PM
aresknights

Quote:
$250,000 and 3 draft picks is the set punishment for 1 infraction.

I guess Branch made us a multi-deal discount on the fines.
Thanks Libbs

Old
08-10-2012, 02:45 PM
ORYX

Quote:
So it's okay that your team isn't very good and the very good players want to be traded?
At this point i'd say that looks more admirable then building championship teams via illegal recruiting techniques.

I'd rather finish last in the race, then first and get caught doping. It's called integrity, of which at the moment, Windsor lacks.

You said I was trolling before, which I wasnt, But i'm removing myself from this thread because you Windsor fans failure to even acknowledge that your team did what is being stated by the league, and simply throwing other teams and fan bases under the bus, blaming everyone but your management is truely pathetic and asinine.

Make yourself feel better because you won a couple championships, but I bet you werent even a fan before they changed ownership and started getting good. Remember the good o'l days of being the bottom dweller?

Pete's franchise history is far better then your own. Becareful walking into the WFCU this year, your heads may not fit through the doors.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:46 PM
hockeylegend11

Should make tonites baseball game between the Spits and the media weather permitting interesting
I can tell u Papa,Kelso and Trenholm scheduled to play Cogeco told dont bother,although they have been there past 3 years

Old
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Of course the Spits appealed the ruling. If they didn't they admit guilt. Think about it. It's the old between a rock and a hard place cliche. Does the appeal save face? In my opinion not really.

Accusations are one thing, but a ruling and a public announcement from the league is pretty hard to fight against.

It's a lump and a black eye...how it's handled moving forward is key. To sit back and sling mud and cry "whoa is me" isn't the answer. Lick your wounds, however self inflicted they may be,..and move on.

Old
aresknights

Just saw a post of a twiiter feed claiming the investigation was started in 2010? Can any1 confirm?

Seems like an awfully long time between investigation and penalty, esp since theyve cleared the Rags of wrong doing in the Trouba case and that just came to light recently. (unless they were asked to look into prior to UMD article)

Old
08-10-2012, 02:48 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Just saw a post of a twiiter feed claiming the investigation was started in 2010? Can any1 confirm?

Seems like an awfully long time between investigation and penalty, esp since theyve cleared the Rags of wrong doing in the Trouba case and that just came to light recently. (unless they were asked to look into prior to UMD article)
Saw a similiar post/tweet re spits

Old
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Teams are start slinging accusations all over the rink just to get others in trouble. It won't really matter if the accusations are true it will just create for a mess. Branch and the other teams have forgotten their biggest competition aren't teams in their own league but the NCAA. This will open the door for top prospects to spurn the OHL and go to the NCAA because now the NCAA can negatively recruit against the OHL. Fans can laugh all they want at Windsor but what happens if Trouba goes to play for Michigan, looks like the accusation of the Michigan Daily helped. Branch has really created a huge mess now and this isn't to say Windsor shouldn't get punished if the allegations hold water but Branch is cutting off his nose to spite his face.
...and I was wondering why the Spits hadn't made any trades after Aug 1st....hell they didn't know what penalties they were going to receive.

I agree we will come out of this with our rep smeared no matter what. Without seeing the evidence it's hard to say yet if 'Wee Davie' over reacted but if he did it'd be par for the course.

So we're left with...2013: 3rd, LON 3rd, ERI 5th, ERI 7th, 9th, SAR 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, SUD 13th, 14th, KGN 15th
2014: SAR 2nd, NIA 2nd, SAG 2nd, OTT 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th
2015: 1st, SUD 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th
2016: 2nd, SAR 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th,
2017: 1st, SAR 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th
2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th.
....they can say what they wan't but we have ZERO chance of holding the Mem Cup here in 2014 and it will be very difficult to keep the team competitive.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Libbs

... ORYX you are a real fool. Comparing a TEAM sport to an individual one re: doping. Give your own head a shake.

I just LOVE all these nitwits that are spewing this nonsense about tainting the championships! What a load of bull!

We can only speculate on the players....so I'm going to say the one player is Fowler. Sorry to say but we would have won that Memorial Cup with or without Fowler.

Now if the investigation came back and said the two players they are guilty of tampering with was Hall and Ellis...you might have a point.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:52 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Of course the Spits appealed the ruling. If they didn't they admit guilt. Think about it. It's the old between a rock and a hard place cliche. Does the appeal save face? In my opinion not really.

Accusations are one thing, but a ruling and a public announcement from the league is pretty hard to fight against.

It's a lump and a black eye...how it's handled moving forward is key. To sit back and sling mud and cry "whoa is me" isn't the answer. Lick your wounds, however self inflicted they may be,..and move on.
True enough.

The Spits, I doubt go around looking for others to "rat" on in this case. They got caught and spanked, others may not of. Take your medicine if the appeal is unsuccessful.
They have to maintain relationships with other management groups and how they handle this will say alot to future players, parents, trading partners ect...

But yes, Id definitely deny and appeal, just wouldnt use the "were not the only ones" card

Old
08-10-2012, 02:57 PM
aresknights

Quote:
... ORYX you are a real fool. Comparing a TEAM sport to an individual one re: doping. Give your own head a shake.

I just LOVE all these nitwits that are spewing this nonsense about tainting the championships! What a load of bull!

We can only speculate on the players....so I'm going to say the one player is Fowler. Sorry to say but we would have won that Memorial Cup with or without Fowler.

Now if the investigation came back and said the two players they are guilty of tampering with was Hall and Ellis...you might have a point.
Well Im sure someone will drop the Spits rigged the draft to allow Ellis ( one of the most/ if not most) decorated Dman in the OHL to be passed on by every GM in the O Fixed LOL

Old
08-10-2012, 02:57 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Should make tonites baseball game between the Spits and the media weather permitting interesting
I can tell u Papa,Kelso and Trenholm scheduled to play Cogeco told dont bother,although they have been there past 3 years
...typical Cogeco move.
...on a personal note when I cancelled my Cogeco TV package today I was asked why and I said that they had fired the TV crew and I was unhappy.(certainly not the only reason).

Old
08-10-2012, 03:02 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
...typical Cogeco move.
...on a personal note when I cancelled my Cogeco TV package today I was asked why and I said that they had fired the TV crew and I was unhappy.(certainly not the only reason).
Actually in this case Cogeco was told dont bother showing up
Papa,Kelso and Trenholm were invited by Riverside baseball the hosts for this get together
Sorry for confusing wanted to clarify
FYI- if game is cancelled due to weather rescheduled for Sunday at 7.00

Old
08-10-2012, 03:19 PM
izzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
At this point i'd say that looks more admirable then building championship teams via illegal recruiting techniques.

I'd rather finish last in the race, then first and get caught doping. It's called integrity, of which at the moment, Windsor lacks.

You said I was trolling before, which I wasnt, But i'm removing myself from this thread because you Windsor fans failure to even acknowledge that your team did what is being stated by the league, and simply throwing other teams and fan bases under the bus, blaming everyone but your management is truely pathetic and asinine.

Make yourself feel better because you won a couple championships, but I bet you werent even a fan before they changed ownership and started getting good. Remember the good o'l days of being the bottom dweller?

Pete's franchise history is far better then your own. Becareful walking into the WFCU this year, your heads may not fit through the doors.
COM ' ON MAN give your head a shakeyou actually believe whats going out of your mouth right now ..... no one in there right mind wants to belast

Old
08-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Windsor Chief

Interesting that the OHL does not permit the trading of first round draft picks to prevent the talent stipping of a franchises future- but has just taken away 3 first round picks.

Perhaps this signals a change in policy to permit the trading of first round picks.

Old
08-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
But yes, Id definitely deny and appeal, just wouldnt use the "were not the only ones" card
I wonder why you wouldn't the "we're not the only ones" card played. Maybe because the Patty Kane rumors are the same as the Cammy Fowler rumors.

Old
08-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Skm

vCash: 1551
Fowler and Hall?

Old
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
...and I was wondering why the Spits hadn't made any trades after Aug 1st....hell they didn't know what penalties they were going to receive.

I agree we will come out of this with our rep smeared no matter what. Without seeing the evidence it's hard to say yet if 'Wee Davie' over reacted but if he did it'd be par for the course.

So we're left with...2013: 3rd, LON 3rd, ERI 5th, ERI 7th, 9th, SAR 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, SUD 13th, 14th, KGN 15th
2014: SAR 2nd, NIA 2nd, SAG 2nd, OTT 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th
2015: 1st, SUD 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th
2016: 2nd, SAR 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th,
2017: 1st, SAR 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th
2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th.
....they can say what they wan't but we have ZERO chance of holding the Mem Cup here in 2014 and it will be very difficult to keep the team competitive.
Not so sure dont forget Windsor has 2 1st rd Euro picks next year surprised the league did not take them away too,plus their 1st rd euro pick in 2014 as well
Those players usually are more ready then 16 year old 1st rders espcially those drafted later in the 1st
Branch claims in his press release that this situation should have no bearing on the mem cup process

Old
08-10-2012, 04:17 PM
hockeylegend11

Been a tough summer for the spits so far 1 associate coach leaves for Oshawa,another settles out of court,Koko leaves for home unexpectedly,spits tv announcers dumped even though spits had no desire to change and now this bombshell
And the summer started so promising,drafting of HoSang and the signing of Pat Seiloff

Closed Thread