HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers 'step up' offer for Bouwmeester

Old
08-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Wouldn't trade Brayden for Jaybo. Atleast not until we see what train wreck our defense will be this year, give em 20 games or so first.
You are smart. If you are trading young assets you should go after Yandle instead. Not that I want to help the Flyers out any

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Bouwmeester would not like it in Philadelphia...just not a personality match there I don't feel...
Which is the very reason I would LOVE to see them get JBo. Christ, please let that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'd much rather have Bouw than Martin.
And most people would rather have a first liner than a third liner. However, Martin doesnt need to be a top pairing guy for Pittsburgh, as, surely, JBo would (have to) be in Philly.

Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Which one? We can not afford to trade another defender, and if we trade another forward we will have some depth problems. If the price really is somewhere around a 2nd and a prospect, then it would really make sense for the Flyers.
It's not. It'll cost you Schenn/Couturier, just like it'll cost the Red Wings Filppula + .

Steep price? You betcha!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:29 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
Which is the very reason I would LOVE to see them get JBo. Christ, please let that happen.

And most people would rather have a first liner than a third liner. However, Martin doesnt need to be a top pairing guy for Pittsburgh, as, surely, JBo would (have to) be in Philly.
JBo being a top pairing? Uhh....

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
YogiCanucks

Watch Feaster keep him because he believes they are a serious cup contender this year. Then trade away their first for a 3rd line center to 'put them over the top'.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
JBo certainly isn't a GREAT top pairing dman, but he is a decent one, and even decent top pairing dmen rarely get traded. Obviously quite a few teams will be interested, and with just 2 years left on his deal, this risk isn't that great if he doesn't work out.

I really don't get what the Flames are doing, though. They gave massive money to two not very good UFAs in Wideman and Hudler, that would suggest they're trying to win now. But then they let Olli Jokinen (the only top 6 center on the team) leave, and now they're looking to trade Bouwmeester. Wideman + Hudler in, Jokinen + Bouwmeester out = much worse team, unless the return for Bouwmeester is tremendous. I'd understand dealing Bouwmeester if they were rebuilding, but if they're re-build, why give all that money to Wideman/Hudler? It's very confusing.
It is. But maybe they aren't confident enough that Cammalleri and Cervenka are good enough for #1 and 2c spots (and possibly Hudler, if they think about that). So maybe they see that as a bigger hole for them.

I don't get it either if they trade for pick and prospects.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
I think we just found out Crosby's HFboards username

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
*Bouwmeester is garbage and will be move for 2nd + Random 3rd liner.*
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Flames instead of taking back good prospects took back something like Hagman+Stajan+White+Mayers

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Watch Feaster keep him because he believes they are a serious cup contender this year. Then trade away their first for a 3rd line center to 'put them over the top'.
How are these posts not trolling?

When has Feaster, ever, during his tenure with the Flames, said anything like this?

What are mods doing today? These posts add nothing to this thread.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Don't see how the Preds could take in that much salary on two players.
well if suter was to stay, he'd be making MORE than Jbo...start paying attention people

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
JBo certainly isn't a GREAT top pairing dman, but he is a decent one, and even decent top pairing dmen rarely get traded. Obviously quite a few teams will be interested, and with just 2 years left on his deal, this risk isn't that great if he doesn't work out.

I really don't get what the Flames are doing, though. They gave massive money to two not very good UFAs in Wideman and Hudler, that would suggest they're trying to win now. But then they let Olli Jokinen (the only top 6 center on the team) leave, and now they're looking to trade Bouwmeester. Wideman + Hudler in, Jokinen + Bouwmeester out = much worse team, unless the return for Bouwmeester is tremendous. I'd understand dealing Bouwmeester if they were rebuilding, but if they're re-build, why give all that money to Wideman/Hudler? It's very confusing.
Because Feaster doesn't need high draft picks to get guys like Jankowski.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:42 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Flames instead of taking back good prospects took back something like Hagman+Stajan+White+Mayers
Because clearly Sutter is still the GM and not coaching LA.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
goman

What about something around Plekanec for Boumeester?

Habs could use another top 2 d and Flames need a top line centre.

Plekanec
Cervenka
Horak

3 Czeck centres! Plekanec could be a good mentor to the young Czeck's and a Cammelleri - Plekanec - Iginla line would be some serious firepower (or allow the Flames to spread out the scoring a bit more).

Adjustments could be made by way of young depth d-men with potential (Weber, Dias) and mid-good prospect d (St Denis, Ellis, Dietz).

Obviously, this leaves a whole in the Habs centre depth but Gomez and Galchenyuk are both options...

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
It's not. It'll cost you Schenn/Couturier, just like it'll cost the Red Wings Filppula + .

Steep price? You betcha!
I would bet just about any amount of money that IF JBo is traded, it's for a whole lot less than an a young NHL, top 6C.

The reason that the Flyers would even show any interest in JBo is because he offers the proverbial "best bang for the buck".... he's a top pairing defenseman, who is overpaid, but never gets hurt and plays big minutes and can likely be had for a moderate prospect that is close to NHL ready and 1-3 picks (depending on the quality of said prospect).

Teams aren't looking to sell the farm for a guy like JBo.... it just isn't going to happen.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:16 PM
KISSland

Who ever pays the price for him will regret the trade.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
listening to Calgary Sports radio 960 this morning, they said that rumours at the draft were that Feaster was asking for a late first and a prospect. There was no interest in JBo at that price.

They have consistently said his value is a 2nd round pick and a prospect (not elite prospect). As these guys have salaries paid by the Flames, I think they are closer to what the Flames are thinking than some random bloggers.

The GM most likely to panic is Feaster because the new CBA might force teams to get to a lower team cap. A bunch of teams might be having fire sales or huge buyouts for some expensive players. The guys on the radio said that the return right now might be a lot higher than it will be when a new CBA is signed.
I think it's safe to say the cost for him would be higher or Holmgren would have done it by now

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:18 PM
GTopCheese

The Flyers aren't going to give a Top 6 forward at this point to acquire a defenseman. We'd lose basically all of our depth.

GTopCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:24 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Uhhh haha...
what is so hard to understand about that? One makes 6.68 mil and is barely better than the one that makes 5 mil. Nearly identical numbers the last 2 years. I guess names mean more to you than me...

DoctrSteveBrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
what is so hard to understand about that? One makes 6.68 mil and is barely better than the one that makes 5 mil. Nearly identical numbers the last 2 years. I guess names mean more to you than me...
Actually watch them play.

No sane person could watch both of these players play, and then say they'd rather have Martin.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
He may get paid more, but he has less holes in his defensive game than Martin.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Actually watch them play.

No sane person could watch both of these players play, and then say they'd rather have Martin.
don't piggy back a post and not read what I originally said.

Quote:
He may get paid more, but he has less holes in his defensive game than Martin.
yes. I know. I don't think the upgrade is worth 1.68 million more dollars.

DoctrSteveBrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Honestly, I think Bouw is going to shine wherever he ends up. (that includes if he stays here)

I have a feeling the right coach can turn his game way up.
I actually believe this is largely what led to his decline since Florida. Calgary has been defensively oriented under the Sutter rein and that simply does not allow a player like Bouwmeester to play to his strengths. If Hartley changes the approach, it might just improve his game.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Puckgenius*

Bouw to PHI for Read + Grossman + 1st

Id do it.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:53 PM
LukeD
On Fire

C'mon Bouw, go to Philly, get your first taste of the playoffs.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 06:15 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I would bet just about any amount of money that IF JBo is traded, it's for a whole lot less than an a young NHL, top 6C.

The reason that the Flyers would even show any interest in JBo is because he offers the proverbial "best bang for the buck".... he's a top pairing defenseman, who is overpaid, but never gets hurt and plays big minutes and can likely be had for a moderate prospect that is close to NHL ready and 1-3 picks (depending on the quality of said prospect).

Teams aren't looking to sell the farm for a guy like JBo.... it just isn't going to happen.
Well you've got a young top 6 C as the return for a prime aged first pairing dman. Doesn't sound like an unfair return to me.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote