HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Huet in talks with VAN and LA [Lu/Bernier deals?]

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Who would you rather have, Emery or Huet? Because I would much rather sign Huet and trade Emery to Vancouver or L.A.
Really, you prefer Huet?

Works for me. I'd like Emery in LA. He's a good backup option and I have a soft spot for scrappy goalies.

Well, except Cloutier. I try to forget that time of my life.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Hawkaholic

Coldsteel is an Emery hater.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
L4cer8

No thanks. Lack looks like he's ready to make the jump to be Cory's backup. He'll make his case in training camp (although I think he already has with his stats over the last two years in the AHL).

Old
08-10-2012, 12:14 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Er, ok lets try this again.

I as a Kings fan would rather have Huet in Los Angeles than that hack Emery. He isn't as good as our next up and coming goalie and there just wouldn't be any reason under the sun or anywhere else that the Kings would want Emery.

Huet would be a nice back up and allow us to move JB for value. Good idea if we have to move him.

Jones is a very much better option for us than Emery and a short term deal for Huet would be a solid move by DL.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:17 PM
TOML

Perhaps he's now over that injury that prevented him from stopping pucks in 2010.

TOML

Old
08-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Who would you rather have, Emery or Huet? Because I would much rather sign Huet and trade Emery to Vancouver or L.A.
I would rather the Hawks play with an empty net then have Huet back there

Old
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I would rather the Hawks play with an empty net then have Huet back there
Isn't that exactly what you have been doing whenever Emery plays for you guys?

Old
08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Coldsteel is an Emery hater.
And you and BWC are Huet haters.

So many haters, lol.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Ho Borvat

I would rather see Lack get spotted a few NHL games over the season.

Fill in for injuries, but keep in mind how patient they were with Schneider.

Old
08-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Lol at the Hawks fans chirping, they do realize Huet is only a marginal downgrade if at all to there current goalies.

Old
08-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Lol at the Hawks fans chirping, they do realize Huet is only a marginal downgrade if at all to there current goalies.
Yes, we do. Hence why we are saying we would hope one of our rivals get him (because he sucks)..and since he is a downgrade, we dont want him back.

Not sure whats so funny.

Old
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Alazais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
This is HFBoards, where one bad year makes you awful and useless forever and one good year makes you worth more than your GM is willing to pay.
unless it's a player from the leafs.

Old
08-10-2012, 04:18 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawkswincup View Post
i would rather the hawks play with an empty net then have huet back there
Didn't you already try that year against the Oilers ?

Old
08-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Demko

Just to let everyone know. I have not signed with the Cauncks yet... I'm still a RFA.

Old
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
There's still a strong belief the Canucks will close a deal on G Roberto Luongo before the CBA expires Sept. 15th.
https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/stat...35551370608641

Old
08-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Huet would be good for 1 thing and 1 thing only. Team chemistry.

As player, Huet is done in the NHL and would be the worst goalie. As teammate and mentor, he would be perfect for Schneider. LA only makes sense because of his history with that franchise

Old
08-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I think Huet would be good for either of those teams. I don't necessarily think signing Huet will happen first to signify another imminent move though (Luongo or Bernier trade) but that Huet will be signed afterward to fill the hole the former leaves, whichever gets moved, if either of them even do.

I am a Blackhawks fan and do not hate Huet. The biggest problem with him in Chicago was that he was overpaid, not necessarily a terrible goalie. His first year there, he was the expected starter but eventually lost it to Khabibulin. The second year again, he was supposed to be the expected starter but Niemi far-exceeded expectations and the rest is history. After that, Huet was simply not on the team anymore because of his cap hit and that proved true for a number of other now-ex-Blackhawks (Byfuglien, Ladd, Versteeg, Eager, Sopel, etc.). All those players were part of the cap hell we went through after the Cup win. Huet was sent overseas because his cap hit was too large; even if he played better there was no chance he still would have been in Chicago. Cap space was key that summer and has been ever since for the Hawks in order to keep the core that won the Cup in 09-10 together. Huet, along with the others, were victims of the salary cap. I'm not saying Huet was fantastic in Chicago, but a more-than-capable backup that was simply way overpaid for that job.

That said, I do think Huet has something to offer an NHL team. If we're talking either Vancouver or Los Angeles, I believe both would want to replace their possible-to-be-traded current backups with veteran backups if they can. I think that's the best scenario. Eddie Lack is a very good prospect, but I think another year in the AHL would be great for him and I think a veteran backup would also be great for Schneider. For the Kings, I think Quick would also benefit from having a veteran backup if Bernier is moved (which I don't think will happen) but he'll carry most of the load himself. Whether it's returning to LA or going to Vancouver, it'll only be for a year and Huet would be in a good position to win and I think he'd be good for both of those teams as well. Just my two cents.

Last edited by Rivet52: 08-10-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old
08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4cer8 View Post
No thanks. Lack looks like he's ready to make the jump to be Cory's backup. He'll make his case in training camp (although I think he already has with his stats over the last two years in the AHL).
Meh, on a cup contender? I doubt it. Maybe Lack is ready but I seriously doubt Vancouver is willing to go into a season with Schneider and a rookie.

Old
08-10-2012, 06:39 PM
DG

Lots of you put a lot of faith in goalie who has been out of the NHL for multiple seasons.

Especially over one who was a starting goalie (albeit a mediocre one) for a third of last season or so.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:28 PM
rajuabju

I dont want Huet or Emery. Let Jones be the backup in LA.

Even better would be to not trade Bernier, who will only be an RFA at the end of next season. I dont get why so many fans want to move him already. Let him play another year, get more games in, hopefully increase his value further, then evaluate what to do.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Lots of you put a lot of faith in goalie who has been out of the NHL for multiple seasons.

Especially over one who was a starting goalie (albeit a mediocre one) for a third of last season or so.
Didn't Huet leave due to contract reasons, him being overpaid and Chicago dumping him in the A? Can't remember, but I think he'd be a sufficient back up at a good price (around a mill or less).

Old
08-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

Even better would be to not trade Bernier, who will only be an RFA at the end of next season. I dont get why so many fans want to move him already. Let him play another year, get more games in, hopefully increase his value further, then evaluate what to do.
He asked for a trade; that's why everyone's talking about moving him. He wants to be able to continue his career elsewhere so he has a chance to start, which he won't ever get behind Quick. It's hard not to try moving a player who doesn't necessarily want to be there anymore, no matter what the team wants to do. Sure, it'd be better to keep him and let his value get higher but the team doesn't necessarily have that option in Bernier's situation.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Didn't Huet leave due to contract reasons, him being overpaid and Chicago dumping him in the A? Can't remember, but I think he'd be a sufficient back up at a good price (around a mill or less).
I agree with your statement. And yes, he was forced out because he was overpaid. Never went to the AHL, but overseas as a preference to him. The Hawks did the best they could to accommodate him somewhere else where he'd be comfortable.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:40 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

Jones isn't near ready to play nhl games He needs at least a year maybe two in the ahl. I would take either huet or emery before have jones start nhl games. Idealy yeah id want bernier to stay as well unfortunatly he asked to be traded and will when we can get what hes worth/

Old
08-10-2012, 08:45 PM
GenericFan2*

Is Lack not ready for at least a backup role yet? Hes putting up solid numbers in the A and last time i heard hes ready for his shot, not sure why Nucks would be interested in Huet who is a pretty poor choice behind Schneider.

Closed Thread