HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2012, 12:05 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
#Nailers And @CanadiensMTL Renew Affiliation For 2012-13 Season:

http://www.wheelingnailers.com/pages...s/20120730.asp

Habs Prospects website
Old
07-30-2012, 12:21 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
#Nailers And @CanadiensMTL Renew Affiliation For 2012-13 Season:

http://www.wheelingnailers.com/pages...s/20120730.asp
Thanks again Habs Prospects without these boards to rely on a lot of info would go unnoticed,at least by me.I wonder how Schultz is coming along with his skating and checking it would be nice to have him up for a couple more games with the Habs.Just another plus awaiting his turn to earn a shot at some of the Boston Bullies,he would help make their games a little more eventful after the liberties they have taken with Habs players.I can still remember Tom Pyatt's face covered in blood the night the Bruins decided to make the game a boxing lesson for the Habs after taking a huge lead in the game.

Last edited by S Bah: 08-01-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old
08-01-2012, 03:08 PM
DAChampion

Who's going to provide the veteran presence in Hamilton now that Alex Henry is gone?

Old
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Who's going to provide the veteran presence in Hamilton now that Alex Henry is gone?
Gomez

Old
08-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Roulin

If a lockout postpones the NHL season, I have a couple of assumptions that I'm not 100% sure on, maybe someone can help me out?

I'm assuming players do not need to go through waivers to play in the AHL if the NHL is not active? And therefore, when a new CBA is reached, that re-entry waivers don't apply? But, that once the NHL starts up again, that those waiver eligible players on NHL contracts would then have to go through waivers to continue to play in the AHL?

Also, I'm assuming that any players on two-way contracts would be encouraged to play for AHL affiliates, as the team could keep an eye on their development. Players on one-way contracts would not be welcome to do the same, as owners would not want to pay any NHL sized salaries during a work stoppage?

Old
08-04-2012, 01:03 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'm assuming players do not need to go through waivers to play in the AHL if the NHL is not active? And therefore, when a new CBA is reached, that re-entry waivers don't apply? But, that once the NHL starts up again, that those waiver eligible players on NHL contracts would then have to go through waivers to continue to play in the AHL?
They are technically signing AHL contracts with no CBA, so no waivers, and I think there will be no re-entry waivers either, the players will just join the NHL team as if it was training camp once the CBA would be signed.

Quote:
Also, I'm assuming that any players on two-way contracts would be encouraged to play for AHL affiliates, as the team could keep an eye on their development. Players on one-way contracts would not be welcome to do the same, as owners would not want to pay any NHL sized salaries during a work stoppage?
If established NHL players want to join the AHL for keeping their hockey shape, I'd assume they will accept lesser salaries. See Gomez in 2004-05, he played in the ECHL, he was not even making AHL money, unless they paid him under the table or something.

Old
08-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
They are technically signing AHL contracts with no CBA, so no waivers, and I think there will be no re-entry waivers either, the players will just join the NHL team as if it was training camp once the CBA would be signed.

If established NHL players want to join the AHL for keeping their hockey shape, I'd assume they will accept lesser salaries. See Gomez in 2004-05, he played in the ECHL, he was not even making AHL money, unless they paid him under the table or something.
ECHL teams seem to me to have a more tenuous affiliation to NHL teams than AHL teams... I'm guessing Devils ownership would have been less thrilled about Albany paying Gomez during the lockout, Alaska seems more disconnected somehow?

Old
08-04-2012, 01:22 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
ECHL teams seem to me to have a more tenuous affiliation to NHL teams than AHL teams... I'm guessing Devils ownership would have been less thrilled about Albany paying Gomez during the lockout, Alaska seems more disconnected somehow?
There was no connection at all, Gomez was born in Anchorage, the Alaska Aces are in Anchorage, so I assume his family still lives there, so he spent a good chunk of the year home.

Old
08-04-2012, 03:02 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

jw why the Hamilton Bulldogs website is down?

Old
08-05-2012, 12:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
If a lockout postpones the NHL season, I have a couple of assumptions that I'm not 100% sure on, maybe someone can help me out?

What happened last time was that you had to clear waivers to play in the AHL, which is how we lost Beauchemin to the jackets as their AHL team the crunch were one of Hamilton's biggest rivals at the time. But then the NHL opted to allow players to go to the AHL without having to clear waivers. Who knows what they will do this time around if it ends up with another lockout.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Takashi

http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/08/...eal-canadiens/

Old
08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Habsfan18

I'm ridiculously pumped to watch the Dogs this year.

Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Pateryn, Gallagher, Holland, Bournival, and Quailer joining prospects such as Leblanc, Nattinen, Geoffrion, and Avtsin.

Should be an exciting season for prospect junkies.

08-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Pateryn, Gallagher, Holland, Bournival, and Quailer joining prospects such as Leblanc, Nattinen, Geoffrion, and Avtsin.

Especially if the season is cancelled.

Too bad they're not popular enough to have their on console app to stream their games.

I guess it's fine since Centre ice is garbage.

Old
08-10-2012, 05:44 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

If there is a lockout are guys like Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Eller, Emelin and Diaz eligible to join the Bulldogs?

Old
08-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
If there is a lockout are guys like Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Eller, Emelin and Diaz eligible to join the Bulldogs?
I believe Emelin and Diaz are, but the rest have played too much I think. They'd have to clear waivers unless the NHL makes waivers exempt in the lockout.. Pretty sure they did that once before.

Old
08-10-2012, 06:39 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Especially if the season is cancelled.

Too bad they're not popular enough to have their on console app to stream their games.

I guess it's fine since Centre ice is garbage.
Aren't we supposed to have a stream going on this year?

Someone should set that up, as I have no idea how, but I'm ready to chip in financially.

Old
08-10-2012, 06:40 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I believe Emelin and Diaz are, but the rest have played too much I think. They'd have to clear waivers unless the NHL makes waivers exempt in the lockout.. Pretty sure they did that once before.
They all have one way contracts, so if we want them to play in the AHL they'd have to clear 'waivers', as montreal explained above.

There's no way they clear it, so they'd be better off in Europe.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:20 PM
HABitual Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

I am also excited to see or hear the Bulldogs games this year. That said, I think we also need to lower our expectations for the team, they will be the youngest team in the AHL by far, and don't as of now have any career AHL veterans to help carry the load and lead the way. My hope is that Darche now having seen nobody busting down his door to give him the NHL contract he wanted, will accept a salary similar to his NHL one from last year to go and be the Captain of the team. Other teams have older players that still are listed on the NHL roster that will be sent down after training camp and raise the average age of their AHL teams, The only ones I see currently for the Bulldogs are Geoffrion, Palushaj and Leblanc who are the same age as the others so will not change the average age much. Rosters are not set yet, but I found this link that hopefully will work so you can see the average age and which players are listed on the AHL teams and which are still on the NHL roster according to the site.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/teams_...eID=8&sort=age

Last edited by HABitual Fan: 08-10-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: forgot Geoffrion and Palushaj
Old
08-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Habsfan18

Since we're not too far away from training camp and a new season, I created a new thread for discussions. Let's all use that one going forward.

Closed Thread