HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVI All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2012, 09:20 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Neither he nor Patches are worth anywhere near that. What the hell happened to second contracts? What the hell is Rutheford thinking? What the hell is the CBA for if a 20 year old kid with less than 150 games in his career is getting paid MORE THAN MARIAN HOSSA.

Skinner's a good, or great hockey player but this contract is ridiculous. I have no sympathy for Carolina if they are going to claim they're a small-market team - they resigned an RFA with no arbitration rights to a painfully long/expensive deal and they're getting money from the Habs, Leafs, Rags and Co. ********.

****ing a.
Second contracts are a form of discrimination, it's good to see the idea being eliminated.

Old
08-08-2012, 10:21 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Second contracts are a form of discrimination, it's good to see the idea being eliminated.
What?

Yeah, it's a great idea to sign Skinner to an extension that takes him to UFA and buys what, 2 seasons of UFA, maybe 1?

Old
08-08-2012, 10:27 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What?

Yeah, it's a great idea to sign Skinner to an extension that takes him to UFA and buys what, 2 seasons of UFA, maybe 1?
I'm just objecting to the norm that players who are 25, 26 should be paid half as much as players who are 30, 31 for the same production. I'm glad to see that norm going away. I don't like it. I find it gross.

Carolina will have first dibbs on keeping Skinner. Most good players don't make it to UFA.

Old
08-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Neither he nor Patches are worth anywhere near that. What the hell happened to second contracts? What the hell is Rutheford thinking? What the hell is the CBA for if a 20 year old kid with less than 150 games in his career is getting paid MORE THAN MARIAN HOSSA.

Skinner's a good, or great hockey player but this contract is ridiculous. I have no sympathy for Carolina if they are going to claim they're a small-market team - they resigned an RFA with no arbitration rights to a painfully long/expensive deal and they're getting money from the Habs, Leafs, Rags and Co. ********.

****ing a.
How the hell is Skinner making more than Hossa? Hossa is making 7.9 mil/year(from 09-10 to 15-16). His cap hit is lower because they added 4 years of 1 mil each at the end. He basically signed for 8 years and 59 mil.

Old
08-08-2012, 11:21 AM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'm just objecting to the norm that players who are 25, 26 should be paid half as much as players who are 30, 31 for the same production. I'm glad to see that norm going away. I don't like it. I find it gross.

Carolina will have first dibbs on keeping Skinner. Most good players don't make it to UFA.
To be fair second contracts are usually when the player is in the 21-23 range. Their second contract should take them to 25-26, where the big pay-day should come.

Old
08-08-2012, 02:32 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

There isn't any second contract guide lines in the CBA. If you object that much then stop buying hockey tickets at the price they sell them. I'm for just and deserved contracts regardless of age or any other prejudice. That said $5.725M is... a bit over the line. Hope it doesn't get him back ala Gomez. (I know there's very little chance of that happening)

Old
08-10-2012, 06:09 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Anyone knows why the Spitfires were punished "severely"? (400k)

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/346084.html

Says they violated recruiting & advantages given to players.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:38 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

This Flyers injury thing has to be the best karma attack ever.

Old
08-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Couldn't happen to a nicer team. Screw the Flyers, can't stand them

Old
08-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Anyone knows why the Spitfires were punished "severely"? (400k)

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/346084.html

Says they violated recruiting & advantages given to players.
This happens with all the big markets CHL teams, they usually give more money to US players and Canadian players who play the US card.

Old
08-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
This Flyers injury thing has to be the best karma attack ever.
They're running with:

Grossman-Coburn
Timmonen-Schenn
Gustaffson-Bourdon
Gervais

right now. Two number 2 (aging ex number one in Timmonen and Coburn) a maybe 4 in Grossman, Schenn who was deservedly 3rd pairing in Toronto and a bunch of AHL callups.

They look a lot like Montreal at the start of last season, solid top nine forward group undermined by a weak defensive depth, especially in the 2nd pairing. They have better forwards than Montreal did which might save them but a bad situation for a team trying to be one of the game's elite.

Old
08-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Roulin

Long time HF poster X-Sharkie hired by the Jets, congrats! http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/08/1...prospect-scout

Old
08-13-2012, 12:34 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Long time HF poster X-Sharkie hired by the Jets, congrats! http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/08/1...prospect-scout
damn, i better stop ****posting then

Old
08-13-2012, 01:07 PM
habitue*

We are July 13th and A.K. has still not signed a NHL contract, not even a KHL one...

What does it say about his value and reputation ?

Old
08-13-2012, 01:39 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
We are July 13th and A.K. has still not signed a NHL contract, not even a KHL one...

The same as all the other players that are UFA?

Old
08-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

I assume you'd rather have Rene Bourque, who's older, has shown little with the Habs, and has 2 years left on his contract.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

BTW we are in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I assume you'd rather have Rene Bourque, who's older, has shown little with the Habs, and has 2 years left on his contract.
Cause AK showed what exactly during his time here? AK messed up in Nashville with Radulov, did you really expect teams to be all over him?

Old
08-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How the hell is Skinner making more than Hossa? Hossa is making 7.9 mil/year(from 09-10 to 15-16). His cap hit is lower because they added 4 years of 1 mil each at the end. He basically signed for 8 years and 59 mil.
In addition to re-signing Skinner the Hurricanes signed Semin and traded for Jordan Staal. Where is the money coming from? Surely not the attendance revenue.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:26 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
They're running with:

Grossman-Coburn
Timmonen-Schenn
Gustaffson-Bourdon
Gervais

right now. Two number 2 (aging ex number one in Timmonen and Coburn) a maybe 4 in Grossman, Schenn who was deservedly 3rd pairing in Toronto and a bunch of AHL callups.

They look a lot like Montreal at the start of last season, solid top nine forward group undermined by a weak defensive depth, especially in the 2nd pairing. They have better forwards than Montreal did which might save them but a bad situation for a team trying to be one of the game's elite.
Don't forget the timebomb they have in net. They aren't going anywhere with Bryz.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:35 PM
LegendaryNumber5
C-A-P-S

Not sure where to put this but whatever.

Fresh off my trip to Montreal for my buddies bachelor party, we arranged our next adventure. Saturday October 6th, Caps @ Canadiens. I have to say, I have been to many places, but Montreal was so unique and wonderful I can not stay away. Not to mention the most beautiful women I have ever seen. (And they don't look down on me for being a cigarette smoker haha)

I am definitely looking forward to seeing live action in the Bell Centre... Hockey season can not come soon enough!

Any tips for surviving our first Bell experience? We decided to drive up this time, and we have our hotel all booked, but what can we expect in terms of ticket prices? I'd like to sit pretty close to the action as it is an away game.

Last edited by LegendaryNumber5: 08-13-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 02:42 PM
MarkersMark*

Quote:

It just shows we wasted about 5 years too many holding on this bum.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Cause AK showed what exactly during his time here? AK messed up in Nashville with Radulov, did you really expect teams to be all over him?
He didn't mess up on the ice, but really, who cares about that..

AK is a good top 6-9 depth player. He's probably asking too much and will end up having to take a decrease, much like it happened with Tanguay.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryNumber5 View Post
Not sure where to put this but whatever.

Fresh off my trip to Montreal for my buddies bachelor party, we arranged our next adventure. Saturday October 6th, Caps @ Canadiens. I have to say, I have been to many places, but Montreal was so unique and wonderful I can not stay away. Not to mention the most beautiful women I have ever seen. (And they don't look down on me for being a cigarette smoker haha)

I am definitely looking forward to seeing live action in the Bell Centre... Hockey season can not come soon enough!

Any tips for surviving our first Bell experience? We decided to drive up this time, and we have our hotel all booked, but what can we expect in terms of ticket prices? I'd like to sit pretty close to the action as it is an away game.
You booked your hotel before locking some tickets up? Prepare to pay scalper prices.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:56 PM
LegendaryNumber5
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You booked your hotel before locking some tickets up? Prepare to pay scalper prices.
I'm used to some pretty high prices living in DC. Are we talking 1-150 upper level; 2+ everywhere else?

Old
08-13-2012, 02:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryNumber5 View Post
I'm used to some pretty high prices living in DC. Are we talking 1-150 upper level; 2+ everywhere else?
Well, that's pretty much the range some people sell them at on stubhub, so I assume scalpers are even more.

Closed Thread