HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Positive Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2006, 02:55 AM
bjac

vCash: 500
The Positive Thread

Obviously the majority of Habs fans are upset about last nights loss. The fact that Koivu was injured could potentially hurt the team quite a bit. The sketchy reffing is also another source of annoyance. But as fans, we should all take a deep breath and remind ourselves that THE HABS ARE STILL IN CONTROL

They are headed into game 4, up 2-1 and playing at home. The Habs have a impressive home record which is an added bonus. The only game that they lost, they lost because the fact that Ward stood on his head.

Fortunately for the Habs, their offense is rolling. While only 1 goal was scored last game, if you actually watched the game they had a number of very quality chances either taken away by great goaltending or the post. Defensively, Carolina was held to 1 regulation goal... which quite frankly is amazing considering they are supposed to be one of the top offensive teams the league.

Going into game 4, Huet (while he let a weak one in) is still on his game. The loss of Koivu obviously hurts the team, but lately the success can be contributed to the fact that ALL 4 lines are producing.

Finally, I do not truely believe that Ward can pull what he pulled tonight off again... He is a great goalie, but he is young, inexperienced and hasn't played much hockey this year.

With all that said, I think there is alot of positive factors going for the Habs. I am not saying that game 4 will be easy, I just think that the sense of panick going around this board is kind of rediculous. Some people (not all!) have seemed to lose perspective of the actual situation that the Habs are in. Just imagine if we were in Carolinas position (it would feel kind of crappy, ALOT worse than the position we are in now). Hopefully the Habs are able to come out hard next game and go up 3-1 (putting Carolinas balls inches from the bandsaw).

GO HABS GO!!

Old
04-27-2006, 03:10 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac
Obviously the majority of Habs fans are upset about last nights loss. The fact that Koivu was injured could potentially hurt the team quite a bit. The sketchy reffing is also another source of annoyance. But as fans, we should all take a deep breath and remind ourselves that THE HABS ARE STILL IN CONTROL

They are headed into game 4, up 2-1 and playing at home. The Habs have a impressive home record which is an added bonus. The only game that they lost, they lost because the fact that Ward stood on his head.

Fortunately for the Habs, their offense is rolling. While only 1 goal was scored last game, if you actually watched the game they had a number of very quality chances either taken away by great goaltending or the post. Defensively, Carolina was held to 1 regulation goal... which quite frankly is amazing considering they are supposed to be one of the top offensive teams the league.

Going into game 4, Huet (while he let a weak one in) is still on his game. The loss of Koivu obviously hurts the team, but lately the success can be contributed to the fact that ALL 4 lines are producing.

Finally, I do not truely believe that Ward can pull what he pulled tonight off again... He is a great goalie, but he is young, inexperienced and hasn't played much hockey this year.

With all that said, I think there is alot of positive factors going for the Habs. I am not saying that game 4 will be easy, I just think that the sense of panick going around this board is kind of rediculous. Some people (not all!) have seemed to lose perspective of the actual situation that the Habs are in. Just imagine if we were in Carolinas position (it would feel kind of crappy, ALOT worse than the position we are in now). Hopefully the Habs are able to come out hard next game and go up 3-1 (putting Carolinas balls inches from the bandsaw).

GO HABS GO!!
At worst, even if we "lose" the serie (what should be 3-0 at the moment), Im really proud to be a Habs fan, great team effort against a big hockey machine.. Next year we will be even stronger.

I heard that Ron Fournier (a big ref defender) was pissed off after the game and just couldnt defend their ******** job tonight.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:19 AM
Habs_Apostle

Balls to the bandsaw!

Old
04-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Always looking on the bright side...

Well... the longer this series goes, the better for me, since I always pick an almost-all-Habs team in my office pool.

Old
04-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Capitano

Ward played well but we didn't bother him enough. Every single stoppage Huet is getting snowed or jabbed at.

If we do the same Ward will come back to earth.

We win friday and we're good.

Cap

Old
04-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Nyclaus

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

Old
04-27-2006, 09:53 AM
jester099

We played 3 games, we outplayed the Canes 3 times.

We'll be just fine.

That series belong to us

Old
04-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Hockeymom67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac

GO HABS GO!!
Good point ! Let's go get them Boys !

Old
04-27-2006, 09:56 AM
ti-vite

Anyone predict habs in 4 seriously lol. We cant win every game.

Gainey and Carbo will find a way to win game #4...big.

Heck with this, I'm putting a three star banana dance!!!

(Gainey) (Carbo) (Jarvis)

Old
04-27-2006, 10:05 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite

****ing awesome...

If I saw Gainey, Carbo and Jarvis do a simultaneous banana dance behind the bench one game, I would die a happy Banana

.... .. .. .....

Closed Thread