HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Colorado

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2012, 09:59 PM
  #101
avsman
Registered User
 
avsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
This is great, we get a very great underrated LW who could really help Duchene blossom to his true potential, and priblably the best 3C in the league for our older overpaid 1C(which we have an extra) i do think the pick needs to be a second rounder because we could draft either another Statsny or another O'Reilly

avsman is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
  #102
Rhino Rilley
Registered User
 
Rhino Rilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
sweet i was really getting annoyed with our centre depth, why have three good centres when you can 2 and clarke mo ****ing macarthur tearing up the league (same amount of points as stastny PLUS hes cheaper) getting bozak makes it highway robbery!!! sure youre a leafs fan bud?!?! cause burkes getting bent over in this one

Rhino Rilley is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
  #103
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino Rilley View Post
sweet i was really getting annoyed with our centre depth, why have three good centres when you can 2 and clarke mo ****ing macarthur tearing up the league (same amount of points as stastny PLUS hes cheaper) getting bozak makes it highway robbery!!! sure youre a leafs fan bud?!?! cause burkes getting bent over in this one
You know it`s funny that avs fans complain about horrible leaf fan proposals which I understand but when any leaf posters post anything sensible or positive in regards to the avs or the player in question its just passed over. I think a portion of your fan base is now so accustomed to getting bad proposals that you would rather complain constantly or be sarcastic instead of acknowleding a positive post and build positive talks from there.

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:16 PM
  #104
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
We really don't care what other people think our players are worth. We either get offered what we need or we keep them. It's that simple.

Sherman has been quoted as being interested in a hockey trade. Not prospects, picks, quantity for quality, etc. Akin to the EJ trade.

And to the guy that said Staal > O'Reilly AINEC, give your head a shake.
It was I would rather Staal over Staz. I agree with you that you want good value, but you aren't getting a good 1st line winger without adding a significant + to Staz.

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:30 PM
  #105
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
It was I would rather Staal over Staz. I agree with you that you want good value, but you aren't getting a good 1st line winger without adding a significant + to Staz.
That's fine, I'd rather a #1 defender.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:33 PM
  #106
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
I`ll Give this a try why not right

To
Colorado
Lupul
Gunnarson
Steckl
2nd 2014

Tor
Stastny

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:34 PM
  #107
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
lol

Leafs fans are like special kids, people need to learn to focus on the positive things they accomplish.
I dealt with you in another thread earlier dont make me embarass u again please, I dont want to contribute to your reclusiveness.

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:37 PM
  #108
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
I`ll Give this a try why not right

To
Colorado
Lupul
Gunnarson
Steckl
2nd 2014

Tor
Stastny
No Thanks, doesn't make our team better. Lupul would bolt because Sherman wouldn't pay him what he likely wants and the remaining assets wouldn't make up for the loss of Staz.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:37 PM
  #109
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
I`ll Give this a try why not right

To
Colorado
Lupul
Gunnarson
Steckl
2nd 2014

Tor
Stastny
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
I dealt with you in another thread earlier dont make me embarass u again please, I dont want to contribute to your reclusiveness.
Noooes dont u embarass me again .

Vsevolod Bobrov is online now  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:43 PM
  #110
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
No Thanks, doesn't make our team better. Lupul would bolt because Sherman wouldn't pay him what he likely wants and the remaining assets wouldn't make up for the loss of Staz.
This is what leaf fans talk about though to be fair in regards to Avs fans. There is always an excuse as to why a package isnt good enough `Lupul will bolt` lol well Im glad you can read minds and are the GM of the Avs. Seriously though in reality Lupul+Gunnarson+steckel and a 2nd value wise is fair and if you think otherwise your as off the reservation as the OP is. When we traded for kessel he wasnt signed so this junk about players bolting is absurd. Here then avs are given permission to talk extension with Lupul prior to the trade if its a contract they can live with then does the deal get done lol.

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:57 PM
  #111
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
This is what leaf fans talk about though to be fair in regards to Avs fans. There is always an excuse as to why a package isnt good enough `Lupul will bolt` lol well Im glad you can read minds and are the GM of the Avs. Seriously though in reality Lupul+Gunnarson+steckel and a 2nd value wise is fair and if you think otherwise your as off the reservation as the OP is. When we traded for kessel he wasnt signed so this junk about players bolting is absurd. Here then avs are given permission to talk extension with Lupul prior to the trade if its a contract they can live with then does the deal get done lol.
And this is what Avs fans always talk about. It's not an excuse... it's a reason, and a good one. Center depth is our biggest strength and if we are going to break it up, we want to address a long term need. As for Kessel not being signed, he was a RFA who was under club control for years. That's apples and oranges. There's a good chance Lupul would bolt because if there is anything Sherman has demonstrated, it's that he isn't willing to fork out the big bucks for wingers who have had problems with injuries throughout their career. I doubt Lupul is going to want to take a discount.

It's just hard to imagine a scenario in which the Leafs offer up the right package. Unless the Avs are really high on Reilly, Gardiner, or Kadri, I just don't see it happening.

Crisp Breakout is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:57 PM
  #112
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
This is what leaf fans talk about though to be fair in regards to Avs fans. There is always an excuse as to why a package isnt good enough `Lupul will bolt` lol well Im glad you can read minds and are the GM of the Avs. Seriously though in reality Lupul+Gunnarson+steckel and a 2nd value wise is fair and if you think otherwise your as off the reservation as the OP is. When we traded for kessel he wasnt signed so this junk about players bolting is absurd. Here then avs are given permission to talk extension with Lupul prior to the trade if its a contract they can live with then does the deal get done lol.
Thats a good point u bring there. These two contract situations are totally similar.

Vsevolod Bobrov is online now  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:58 PM
  #113
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
I`ll Give this a try why not right

To
Colorado
Lupul
Gunnarson
Steckl
2nd 2014

Tor
Stastny
We want a top pairing dman to pair with EJ. Not another winger.

Pure is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM
  #114
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
I`ll Give this a try why not right

To
Colorado
Lupul
Gunnarson
Steckl
2nd 2014

Tor
Stastny
Stastny + for Lupul ..

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM
  #115
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
And this is what Avs fans always talk about. It's not an excuse... it's a reason, and a good one. Center depth is our biggest strength and if we are going to break it up, we want to address a long term need. As for Kessel not being signed, he was a RFA who was under club control for years. That's apples and oranges. There's a good chance Lupul would bolt because if there is anything Sherman has demonstrated, it's that he isn't willing to fork out the big bucks for wingers who have had problems with injuries throughout their career. I doubt Lupul is going to want to take a discount.

It's just hard to imagine a scenario in which the Leafs offer up the right package. Unless the Avs are really high on Reilly, Gardiner, or Kadri, I just don't see it happening.
My point to the proposal was that if a reasonable extension could be worked out with lupul prior to the finalization of the trade the value of the proposal would be correct and fair.

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:00 PM
  #116
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Stastny + for Lupul ..
Oh man, theres who this thread was missing.

Vsevolod Bobrov is online now  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
  #117
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
My point to the proposal was that if a reasonable extension could be worked out with lupul prior to the finalization of the trade the value of the proposal would be correct and fair.
First of all, that's a huge if. Secondly, our biggest need is a top-pairing defenseman.

Crisp Breakout is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:04 PM
  #118
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
We want a top pairing dman to pair with EJ. Not another winger.
you say not another winger as if your team has more then one winger that is better then Lupul(Landeskog). In the proposal you are getting a low end top 3 winger, a top 4 defesive defenseman, a 4th line faceoff specialist in steckel and a 2nd. For an excellent 1B center. You need to watch a little hockey outside of colorado and stop drinking the HF koolaid in regards to all leafs players and their corresponding values.

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:04 PM
  #119
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,061
vCash: 500
Gardiner + Grabovski.

Leafs fans wont like it, but we havent liked the last 2 years of sh** proposals from Leafs fans either.

PeterTheGreat is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:05 PM
  #120
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
First of all, that's a huge if. Secondly, our biggest need is a top-pairing defenseman.
Thats fine I understand that all I was doing was providing a proposal from the leafs to the avs that would be fair value under the proper circumstances.

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:07 PM
  #121
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Gardiner + Grabovski.

Leafs fans wont like it, but we havent liked the last 2 years of sh** proposals from Leafs fans either.
If Stastny was still the same player from two years ago then I would add to that to get him but he`s not. His value still warrants a great package but the difference between him and Grabo isnt Gardiner atleast not at this point in time.

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:08 PM
  #122
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
you say not another winger as if your team has more then one winger that is better then Lupul(Landeskog). In the proposal you are getting a low end top 3 winger, a top 4 defesive defenseman, a 4th line faceoff specialist in steckel and a 2nd. For an excellent 1B center. You need to watch a little hockey outside of colorado and stop drinking the HF koolaid in regards to all leafs players and their corresponding values.
What don't you get about if we are giving up our strength we must get the position we want? We are absolutely loaded with defenseman, but we sorely lack a second high end talent guy. For that reason, we're not going to be too swayed by Gunnarson. We have a lot of wingers, and while Lupul might be better than most, it's not enough of an upgrade to justify downgrading Stastny to what exactly?

Trades need to be mutually beneficial, and all you are concerned with is meeting this hypothetical value mark. Stop telling us what we should do and work with us, or take a hike.

Crisp Breakout is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:11 PM
  #123
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
you say not another winger as if your team has more then one winger that is better then Lupul(Landeskog). In the proposal you are getting a low end top 3 winger, a top 4 defesive defenseman, a 4th line faceoff specialist in steckel and a 2nd. For an excellent 1B center. You need to watch a little hockey outside of colorado and stop drinking the HF koolaid in regards to all leafs players and their corresponding values.
We already have Landeskog, PA Parenteau, downie, david jones, Jamie McGinn and Milan Hejduk. Getting Lupul means we would have to make one of those guys play on the 4th line and thats not happening. Marginally upgrading from Parenteau to Lupul doesn't justify downgrading from Stastny to Mitchell/Steckel. We also have much better balance when we can have 3 good centers paired with 6 decent wingers, not 2 good centers with 7 decent wingers. Unless a trade fixes our problem on defence, its not worth screwing up our forwards.

Pure is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:13 PM
  #124
LeafsLegends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
What don't you get about if we are giving up our strength we must get the position we want? We are absolutely loaded with defenseman, but we sorely lack a second high end talent guy. For that reason, we're not going to be too swayed by Gunnarson. We have a lot of wingers, and while Lupul might be better than most, it's not enough of an upgrade to justify downgrading Stastny to what exactly?

Trades need to be mutually beneficial, and all you are concerned with is meeting this hypothetical value mark. Stop telling us what we should do and work with us, or take a hike.
At the start of the thread avs fans said the needs were a top pairing LHD and a top line winger. A leafs fan said phaneuf and a 2nd for stastny and it go shot down. The leafs dont have any other top end established defenders so I offered a top line winger with a top 4 d who can log20-25 minutes a night and has a solid first pass meaning he could atleast be tried with EJ on the top line. As well I offered another center who is top 3 in faceoffs in the league and a second. So dont tell me I`m not lloking at the needs of the avs cause Ive read through every post and followed suit accordingly in regards to my proposal.

LeafsLegends is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
  #125
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 500
Phaneuf and a 2nd is a much better proposal than Lupul+whatever.

Pure is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.