HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers 'step up' offer for Bouwmeester

Old
08-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Wingsfan2965*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Giroux + Voracek + Coburn
Howzabout you add two first rounders to that plus a lifetime supply of Moon Pies before Feaster even considers it.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:19 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Feaster hates rumors and hates having his players feeling like they are being "put on the block" he likes the way New Jersey is run with no info getting out and players feeling secure it goes against everything he says to "leak" these rumors.
Well regardless it's still very suspicious and coincidental. It's rare that trade negotiations are leaked to the media. It's almost always confirmation of trades.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:21 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Feaster hates rumors and hates having his players feeling like they are being "put on the block" he likes the way New Jersey is run with no info getting out and players feeling secure it goes against everything he says to "leak" these rumors.
If that's the case, why did he openly talk about the Regehr rumor? (when out was a rumor)

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:23 PM
underslept

It's pretty safe to say the Blues are out of this, Calgary is going to want WAY more than Bouwmeester is worth and with Detroit and Philly in significant need, there's not going to be a reasonable deal to be had. Armstrong's too smart to overpay for mediocrity.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:24 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
If that's the case, why did he openly talk about the Regehr rumor? (when out was a rumor)
Link?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I mentioned this earlier, but how would Philly posters feel about this proposal:

To Calgary:

Couts, Gus

To Philly:

Jbo, Backlund, 2013 1st

I feel that's a very fair offer from Calgary's standpoint.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:46 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I mentioned this earlier, but how would Philly posters feel about this proposal:

To Calgary:

Couts, Gus

To Philly:

Jbo, Backlund, 2013 1st

Honestly, I think Couts is worth more than this.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:48 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

I doubt he gets anywhere close to what his fans here think he will get.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:53 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Bouw to PHI for Read + Grossman + 1st

Id do it.
No way the Flyers send Grossmann in a deal for another defenseman. That would be the height of stupidity.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:04 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:

To Calgary:

Couts, Gus

To Philly:

Jbo, Backlund, 2013 1st

Not interested at all. Much rather just sign a Rozsival and keep Couturier.

Last edited by NitHeel: 08-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.
NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I gotta say I think my offer is an over payment for Couturier. If my team had a huge glaring hole, and I received an offer that included a top pairing dman, a young potential top 6 center, and a 1st, even if we were sending Baertschi the other way I think I would have to take it. Especially when you consider the Flyers have G and Schenn, that deal would make them a much stonger team without question now and in the future.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:09 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
I gotta say I think my offer is an over payment for Couturier. If my team had a huge glaring hole, and I received an offer that included a top pairing dman, a young potential top 6 center, and a 1st, even if we were sending Baertschi the other way I think I would have to take it. Especially when you consider the Flyers have G and Schenn, that deal would make them a much stonger team without question now and in the future.
What's a need if you're in the Atlantic is a big defensive centerman to match up against the likes of the great centers in the division...that's Couturier. Bouwmeester would help on the blue line but our overall team defense isn't helped that much if we're losing our best defensive forward in Couturier.

And fwiw, you have faith in Backlund being a potential top-6 center but he's spent 3 years in the NHL now and doesn't look like anything like that as of yet. I think it's a bit misleading listing him as that type of asset.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Valid points for sure, that's exactly why I want Couts for when we play the Oil, Avs and Canucks. My main point being I feel the value is more than fair and it addresses the Flyers team needs. But as you pointed out, the need for Couts in Philly may be higher which I fully respect.

However I do disagree with your assessment of Backlund. In his sophomore season he showed every indication that he will be a top 6 center. He actually was penciled in to be our #1 last season over Jokinen before a rash of injuries ruined his whole season which can only be classified as a writeoff. Backlund is at worst a good option as a 3rd right now At the age of 23 how is it not accurate to describe as a center that has top 6 potential?

Old
08-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:

To Calgary:

Couts, Gus

To Philly:

Jbo, Backlund, 2013 1st

NO!

Couts is off the table.

Backlund is still unproven & probably a 3rd C @ best. Maybe MAB in a straight swap if we needed a 3rd liner.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:32 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Valid points for sure, that's exactly why I want Couts for when we play the Oil, Avs and Canucks. My main point being I feel the value is more than fair and it addresses the Flyers team needs. But as you pointed out, the need for Couts in Philly may be higher which I fully respect.

However I do disagree with your assessment of Backlund. In his sophomore season he showed every indication that he will be a top 6 center. He actually was penciled in to be our #1 last season over Jokinen before a rash of injuries ruined his whole season which can only be classified as a writeoff. Backlund is at worst a good option as a 3rd right now At the age of 23 how is it not accurate to describe as a center that has top 6 potential?
By your own admission, Backlund's shown next to nothing in the NHL thus far. Where he's penciled in on Calgary's depth chart doesn't make him a #1 center, it's what he actually brings...and it's been 3 years now and he hasn't posted much of anything that says #2 center. Write off one as an adjustment to pro hockey, write off one as an injury loss, but at some point over 3 years you need to show something.

I'm not trying to argue with you that he can't ever get there, but if we're listing him on what his value is in a 8/10/12 trade, that of a potential top-6 center is too lofty right now for someone with that amount of service time. My opinion.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:

C'Mon. Some of us have watched Backlund play. That top 6 center is only in your dreams.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
thrillhouse99

If couturier and Schenn were off the table for weber there is no way they are on the table for bouwmeester. I suspect Philadelphias offer either revolves around picks or possibly someone like briere. Best case scenario detroits offer revolves around fippula but that might be a stretch.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:44 PM
SvenBartschi27

Quote:

To Calgary:

Couts, Gus

To Philly:

Jbo, Backlund, 2013 1st

Wouldn't feel safe if that pick turned out to be lottery.

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 10:50 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
C'Mon. Some of us have watched Backlund play. That top 6 center is only in your dreams.
He is only 23 he has potential to be a #2 center, if he is given consistent linemates he could have a big year.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
It's rare that a player with an NTC refuses to waive in order to stay in the org that's trying to trade them. They tend to be used to prevent being moved to teams they don't want, rather than avoid being moved entirely.
I agree, it would create an awkward situation if Feaster were really pushing hard to deal him, but I'm still not convinced that is the case. I think the Flames are still convinced they can be a playoff team (despite the roster screaming rebuild), and they are better with JBo than without, as the teams rumored to be interested are all better teams than the Flames and thus unlikely to make a pure hockey trade. Depending on where they are at come trade deadline, the idea may be re-visited and waiving the NTC pushed a little harder. But I'd say 99% chance JBo is a Flame to start the season.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
By your own admission, Backlund's shown next to nothing in the NHL thus far. Where he's penciled in on Calgary's depth chart doesn't make him a #1 center, it's what he actually brings...and it's been 3 years now and he hasn't posted much of anything that says #2 center. Write off one as an adjustment to pro hockey, write off one as an injury loss, but at some point over 3 years you need to show something.

I'm not trying to argue with you that he can't ever get there, but if we're listing him on what his value is in a 8/10/12 trade, that of a potential top-6 center is too lofty right now for someone with that amount of service time. My opinion.
I'm not arguing with you either, its good hockey discussion.

Backlund has shown stretches where he looks like he's a bonafide top 6 center. The problem is, that is followed by stretches of inconsistent play where he disappears. To me, this pattern is typical with most players in his age group.

Backlund over parts of the last 2 seasons has played with Iginla and Tanguay and at times has been the main one generating chances, and not looked out of place. He is solid in his own end, and possesses one of the better skill sets on our team. Backlund's biggest problem is consistency.

As Glen mentioned, if he was paired with skilled linemates, and had an injury free year, I don't see anything stopping him from becoming a top 6 guy.

So to sum up, I have seen pieces from him that indicate he will get there. And I agree that he doesn't hold the value of a top 6 center now, but I did say that he's a 'potential' #2 guy. Anyways, everyone has their own opinion but I feel my thoughts are fairly consistent amongst our fanbase of Backlund.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Flame fans need to stop calling Backlund this. I was calling him a bust years ago and was roasted by Calgary fans. Now they see the writing on the wall and are trying to package him with other parts to get something useful.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:08 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Flame fans need to stop calling Backlund this. I was calling him a bust years ago and was roasted by Calgary fans. Now they see the writing on the wall and are trying to package him with other parts to get something useful.
A bust? He is a third liner center now, how is he a bust?

Old
08-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
What's your definition of a "potential" top 6 center? IMO, that is exactly what Backlund should be classified. Key word being "potential".

Old
08-10-2012, 11:12 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
So to sum up, I have seen pieces from him that indicate he will get there. And I agree that he doesn't hold the value of a top 6 center now, but I did say that he's a 'potential' #2 guy. Anyways, everyone has their own opinion but I feel my thoughts are fairly consistent amongst our fanbase of Backlund.
That may very well be true, but I don't think you're going to get much agreement from people outside of Calgary (or at least the HF fans outside of Calgary, I won't pretend that I polled 30 GMs on him).